Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, New Mexico

NM State Football Official Site

Jerry Kill
1st Season as NMSU Head Coach

2022 Schedule/Results

Aug 27 - Nevada ........................................... L 12-23
Sep 01 - @ Minnesota ................................... L 0-38
Sep 10 - @ UTEP ........................................... L 13-20
Sep 17 - @ Wisconsin .................................... L 7-66
Sep 24 - Hawaii ............................................ W 45-26
Oct 01 - FIU ................................................... L 7-21
Oct 15 - New Mexico ..................................... W 21-9
Oct 22 - San José State ................................. Postponed
Oct 29 - @ UMass .......................................... W 23-13
Nov 12 - Lamar ............................................. W 51-14
Nov 19 - @ Missouri ...................................... L 14-45
Nov 26 - @ Liberty ........................................ 10 AM MT

Key Players

#10 Diego Pavia
6' 0" 200 lbs Junior Quarterback
In 9 Games: 59-of-127 (46.5%) for 746 Yards with 4 TDs & 5 INTs + 58 Carries for 289 Yards (5.0 YPC) with 2 Rushing TDs

#4 Star Thomas
6' 0" 225 lbs Sophomore Running Back
Thru 10 Games: 82 Carries for 405 Yards with 4 TDs + 8 Catches for 88 Yards with 1 TD Reception

#6 Justice Powers
6' 4" 185 lbs Senior Receiver
Thru 10 Games: 17 Catches for 323 Yards (19 YPC)

#3 Chris Ojoh
6' 1" 220 lbs Senior Linebacker
Thru 10 Games: 85 Tackles including 9 for Loss + 5 Sacks + 2 Passes Broken Up

#6 Syrus Dumas
5' 10" 170 lbs Junior Defensive Back
Thru 10 Games: 34 Tackles including 3.5 for Loss + 2 INTs
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I’m really glad this game is at 12. I’ll be able to catch the basketball game afterwards.
I’ll be in Chatham staying with my parents. Wife is super pumped about the double dip on the mountain. She loves it. :lol:
Sly Fox liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'll bet! :lol:

After the last two frustrating weeks, I just want is to finish strong on Saturday.

And does anyone else feel like they are getting rickrolled when they look at their QB's pic?

LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 6:32 pm I’ll be in Chatham staying with my parents. Wife is super pumped about the double dip on the mountain. She loves it. :lol:
Sounds like a good woman. If she has a single grandma and likes softball, I know someone who might be interested. :oldhag
LUOrange, SumItUp liked this
By Tnobes
Sly Fox wrote: November 20th, 2022, 6:35 pm I'll bet! :lol:

After the last two frustrating weeks, I just want is to finish strong on Saturday.

And does anyone else feel like they are getting rickrolled when they look at their QB's pic?

I feel like I'm getting neck rolled when I look at their coach
By Ill flame
I've always liked Jerry kill since his days at SIU. It's sad that his health issues forced him to leave the Minnesota gig, hes built to be a B1G west coach. He may never win c-usa at nmsu but if anyone can get them to a bowl game every year it is him.
By Tnobes
Ill flame wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 10:45 pm I've always liked Jerry kill since his days at SIU. It's sad that his health issues forced him to leave the Minnesota gig, hes built to be a B1G west coach. He may never win c-usa at nmsu but if anyone can get them to a bowl game every year it is him.
Jerry kill set the Minnesota football program back many many years, he left it basically destroyed, he could only recruit 2 star rejects and his assistant coaches weren't wanted by anyone. Minnesota is lucky fleck resurrected it
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I'm gonna throw this out there. Does anyone else think this may be HCHF last game as HC at Williams Stadium??? I want to be dead wrong on this theory but with Kiffin now staying in Oxford all attention is turning toward HCHF.
By Tothehoopyall1
It very well could be his last game. I hope I’m wrong but I didn’t realize until recently that Kiffin and Freeze have the same agent, Jimmy Sexton. This doesn’t mean Freeze is leaving but it’s interesting and reveals there may be more dialogue going on than we realize.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I could be wrong, and stranger things have happened. But I don’t see how Hugh can go to Auburn, given who their new AD is.
By jmclaughlin
This conversation seems eerily familiar. As though we have had this discussion every November, since Freeze arrived.
My uninformed opinion is that he stays. I think the idea of being in a conference and a better chance to sneak into the NY6 and potentially expanded Championship Bowl Series is enough leverage. He certainly stays through the bowl game.
If he goes, he is due all the accolades we can given him for the program build he has done. He would leave LU as a great job for the next guy.
By Ill flame
jmclaughlin wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:22 pm This conversation seems eerily familiar. As though we have had this discussion every November, since Freeze arrived.
And we will continue to have this identical conversation every November until he leaves or stops winning games. Then the conversation becomes all about who's next. Personally I prefer this conversation.
By Ill flame
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:53 am I'm gonna throw this out there. Does anyone else think this may be HCHF last game as HC at Williams Stadium??? I want to be dead wrong on this theory but with Kiffin now staying in Oxford all attention is turning toward HCHF.
Who says kiffin is staying in Oxford? Did he finally sign the extension and I haven't heard about it yet or is he still trolling people on twitter?
By Ill flame
I looked up that report. At no point did he tell the players he is staying, only that he hasn't already accepted a job somewhere else. That doesn't mean he won't accept a job after the regular season ends on Saturday.
CCWMichael, flamehunter liked this
By BlueBlood
jmclaughlin wrote: November 24th, 2022, 2:51 am Tickets on Stub Hub going for $3…we G5 ready!!!
You can also go to Baylor/Texas and Miami/Pitt for $3.

Like I said in another thread - low attendance at games over Thanksgiving break is very real thing. LU is not alone. Outside of rivalry games, most games will have much lower than normal attendance.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 3:40 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:22 pm This conversation seems eerily familiar. As though we have had this discussion every November, since Freeze arrived.
And we will continue to have this identical conversation every November until he leaves or stops winning games. Then the conversation becomes all about who's next. Personally I prefer this conversation.
As I said on another thread, the AD at Auburn has a wife that is a huge LGBTQ supporter and a transgendered child. That is a hugely different world view than his current boss. If he wants to come to Auburn and work for him vs. Ian then that says a lot. I personally don't think he does. He is just using these job openings to raise visibility for himself and our program. If he does leave then we need to thank him for all he has done and go find the next guy. Ian has earned my trust but at this point Hugh has earned my respect as well and I wish him the best.
rtb72 liked this
By Baybird
Purple Haize wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:44 am Lowest attended game of the year
may be the lowest attended, but not the lowest attendance..we have 6 tickets and only 4 going plus we got two extra tickets to be part of holding the flag with 118 others during the halftime Military Appreciation tribute. So that's 8 seats sold with four attending. With that kind of accounting plus other tickets "sold" to other groups, Flames Club, FKC, Parents, etc. we might reach 15000 in attendance. :dontgetit
Purple Haize liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]