Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't made it to a game in 3 years but ballcoach has consistently complained about parking for years and each time plenty of people have pointed out how easy LU has made parking for events. The last time I was able to come to campus I couldn't believe how easy it was even though the stadium was much bigger. The addition of parking garages and dependable shuttles at strategic places around campus has made it incredibly easy. Sure beats some other FBS campuses I have been to.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach is obviously trying to compare FBS Football parking to Softball parking.
My parking, for a nominal contribution, puts me at the bookstore, just steps from the front gate. The flames club even sends me a text the day before the game to let me know the easiest rout to get in and out. LU does a tremendous job organizing this and the courtesy of fans in my lot take turns in letting people in line and I am out in 15-20 minutes max. This is different from all the 40 plus major college campuses that i have visited
Purple Haize liked this
By willflop
The best kept secret (if you didn't know about it) is to just park on the side of Liberty Mtn Dr., which runs parallel to 460, and is a straight shot to get off campus towards Ward's road (5 minutes). If you get there early enough, you can park closer than those that pay for the Doc's diner lot, which is much more congested to get out post game too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 9:51 am My very first trip to an athletic event at LU resulted in a parking ticket. I appealed it and won, thus saving $50.00
My very first trip to an LU athletic event I met my future wife
My second trip to an LU athletic event I parked in Dr Falwell’s reserved spot by DeMoss/Schilling. I didn’t get a ticket.
rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 11:53 am I parked in Dr Falwell's spot once and got yelled at by Coach Green. Ahhhh memories
My thought was “The event has already started so he’s gotta already be inside. Secondly if I’m giving out tickets do I want to risk giving someone who might a “Friend of Jerry” a ticket and drawing his ire”
By LUOrange
Before they built the two parking garages, parking at the Vines for basketball was awful. Now it's a breeze and the Little Arena holds like 40 people so traffic doesn't back up unless they're doing SuperConference at he same time.
By LU 57
Dalegarz1 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 2:50 pm It was obvious that our O-line was over matched and could not protect our QB. I remember the same thing happening a year ago and I had the same question. Where is our screen game? I'm not referring to wide receiver screens, but traditional screens to a back. It's an effective way to slow down the pass rush, not to mention gain some yards. QB draws from an empty set is another way-JB scored our first touchdown on one and from my vantage point was untouched. We never ran it again.
The 4th and 12 play was a screen but they were all over it. I never saw the replay so I am not sure if it was the OL letting through too soon or if the back was covered, or maybe both. Regardless VT sniffed that one out.
By Dalegarz1
What does every coach yell in a 4th and long situation-"Watch the screen and draws". Not a surprise they sniffed it out then.
LU 57 liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]