Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
This is absolutely infuriating.
We don’t have the talent to overlook anybody ever. You’d think GW would have proved that to us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:21 pm HCHF cost us this game! Not running the ball after getting 14 on 1st and 15 with right around 9 minutes to go was absolute garbage.
Golly the WR who dropped the ball thrown right in his bread basket sorta had a big contribution
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Let’s go Bennett. Sack up and get it done right here.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We just gave up 36 points to a team that averages 18. Good stuff. Not pathetic and embarrassing at all.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Our defense needs recalibrate. Did not even look like the same unit we have seen all season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Most embarrassing loss in LU history, maybe college football history. We did not come to play, especially the defense.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:40 pm Most embarrassing loss in LU history, maybe college football history. We did not come to play, especially the defense.
Classic ballcoach…I love it.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I looked up the rules about faking injuries and there are no rules against faking injuries. Anytime you get gassed you should fake a cramp. They made it work 3 or 4 times. I believe it cost us 4 points on one drive. :lol:
By LU 57
jmclaughlin wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:42 pm The Ahmad Walker penalty was the swing point and it was colossally dumb!
A lot of missed tackles by the backups.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:43 pm Love our Coach, Love our team, but going for it on 4th down on our side of the field, with 4 minutes left and a three point lead, what was the thought process?
There’s a bunch of points where we “lost” the game, but this stands out to me. We’re not very good at it, our defense is good, it’s on the wrong side of the 50. It’s a real head-scratcher, but definitely Freeze’s MO. Anyone remember the Army game last year where we did it all first half until Army had an insurmountable lead?
Ill flame, LUOrange liked this
By jmclaughlin
LU 57 wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:44 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:42 pm The Ahmad Walker penalty was the swing point and it was colossally dumb!
A lot of missed tackles by the backups.
Exactly. Means he also misses the first half of VT. The weakest depth on this team is at LB. Just not sure what he was thinking?
By jmclaughlin
This game had all the points of frustration
Penalty’s, play calling, missed tackles, dropped passes, overthrows on 5 yard hot routes, game management and from the TV view…a terrible broadcast crew. Insufferable
By LUDad
stokesjokes wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:49 pm
Racenut wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:43 pm Love our Coach, Love our team, but going for it on 4th down on our side of the field, with 4 minutes left and a three point lead, what was the thought process?
There’s a bunch of points where we “lost” the game, but this stands out to me. We’re not very good at it, our defense is good, it’s on the wrong side of the 50. It’s a real head-scratcher, but definitely Freeze’s MO. Anyone remember the Army game last year where we did it all first half until Army had an insurmountable lead?
I agree with the agressive call when we are underdog. It's on us to win the game. However, when we are the better team in that position we need to be more conservative and make them go length of field to beat us.
rtb72 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I hate the 2nd and 3rd down calls more. Dont like going for it there but certainly dont like putting it in capers hands. Also rotating qbs cost us 7. No reason to do so. Jb had won the job.

Frustrating week.
jimflamesfan liked this
By rtb72
Were we the better team: Yes. We play to our opponent and it drives me crazy. Southern Miss, GW, now this. We deserved the loss and kudos to UConn. They totally played lights out football.
CCWMichael liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Incredible that we beat both BYU & Arkansas then lose to UCONN & yet still have a good shot at 10+ wins. I am beyond frustrated with how the game turned out, but I can only imagine how the players are feeling as well as the coaches. Beat the chokie hokies then slaughter NM State and we get to 10 wins for the second time in 3 years.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]