Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Suck it up buttercup! You will have ten months to schedule a personal day for the one mid-week game home game in October that Liberty will have to play. Read Ritchie Longshots take on ASOR. It will be a great opportunity to showcase LU and contrast the Mountain compared with the other schools in the conference. ALL the TV eyes will be on LU as the only game on TV. The other mid-week game will be an away game that you probably wouldn't go to anyway. If you let one mid-week game out of the whole season cancel your season tickets, that would really be lame.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame
CCWMichael wrote: November 11th, 2022, 9:21 am My takes from a Thursday slate.
Memphis empty stadium really is a great amplifier of their sound system.
Louisiana the white seating somehow is a poor compliment to their field.
People I watched with said it is obvious their fans don't care, why would I.
As a small G% fan I know that statement is not true but if we really want positive exposure the seats will need filled.
I hope we can do it but not feeling good about it.
Those two stadiums are more than doubled the size of ours. With the way our stadium is set up all we really need is the student section to be full and loud to have a good tv atmosphere. The cameras are already facing that direction and if they were to point it at the west stands, the colored chairs make it look much less empty at a glance compared to bleachers.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I’m skeptical but I am starting to see the positives. Really need our students to show out and they probably will.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: November 11th, 2022, 10:05 am Suck it up buttercup! You will have ten months to schedule a personal day for the one mid-week game home game in October that Liberty will have to play. Read Ritchie Longshots take on ASOR. It will be a great opportunity to showcase LU and contrast the Mountain compared with the other schools in the conference. ALL the TV eyes will be on LU as the only game on TV. The other mid-week game will be an away game that you probably wouldn't go to anyway. If you let one mid-week game out of the whole season cancel your season tickets, that would really be lame.
:lol: We'll see. I'm thinking it's 2 home games. And 2 road games. I'll read the article, haven't yet.
By LUOrange
If it is in fact 1 home game and Liberty can make it to be a a Thursday or Friday night, it'll be manageable. It'll also help that we'll have 7 home games next year. So we'll see how it plays out.

But I'm sorry. Tuesday and Wednesday night games are bush league. All Tuesday and Wednesday night games do is confirm most folks beliefs that CUSA & most G5's are bush league. What's worse is they alienate your paying crowds (donors, Flames Club & season ticket holders, etc.). And to you being snarky, the loyal fans that donate and buy tickets have every right to be upset and complain about this or any other decision that they disagree with. Even if it turns out to only be 1 game. They'll still probably pay for a game that they can't attend. I understand, that this is a tough balancing act for the Athletics Department, but they're not above constructive criticism.

Again, hopefully it'll work out and it won't be as bad as perceived/advertised.
Last edited by LUOrange on November 11th, 2022, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballcoach15, CCWMichael liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Thursday night games are OK, but other weekday nights are not.

Is this TV agreement strictly football, or is other sports included ?
By aj7
This is great for the out of state fans like myself. I'm an Oklahoma season ticket holder (probably still a lot of LU grads that have a childhood team they root for) so I don't have many opportunities to see Liberty play or even think about attending a game. Now I might have a chance to sneak into Lynchburg or down to SHSU for a game.

Can't wait til Liberty gets hit with a 6-day window on their game time. The complaints in that thread might top this. This is big boy football. It's made for TV not season ticket holders.
stokesjokes liked this
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote: November 11th, 2022, 12:18 pm Thursday night games are OK, but other weekday nights are not.

Is this TV agreement strictly football, or is other sports included ?
No, basketball, baseball and softball are included. Overall, this is a good deal, just like joining CUSA. The big hang-up is over the weekday football games.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
aj7 wrote: November 11th, 2022, 12:41 pm This is big boy football. It's made for TV not season ticket holders.
Yuuuuup. I think a lot of the complaints in the thread are about how this change will affect them personally, which is understandable frustration. But you've gotta be able to separate your own inconvenience from what is good for the conference and our program. What good is selling out season tickets if your games are on Facebook live?
aj7, TH Spangler, Purple Haize and 1 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty games on TV have always had a bearing on attendance, especially locally. A lot of fans watch on TV rather than leave the house and drive to campus.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I thought this was related because I thought maybe CBSSN would be on peacock...but then I remembered Peacock is NBC and Paramount is CBS...so just ignore the above post.
By LUOrange
There may be a small glimmer of hope as Chadwell said last week that he was lookin forward to Saturday and Thursday games next year.
By tyndal23
Well, CUSA got its wish and hosted a Saturday Night national TV game - great representation by the LA Tech faithful - I counted at least 400 fans in the stadium - so proud LU is part of CUSA brand !!! Makes me take back all the snarky comments about having CUSA logo every where past 2 seasons when we were Indy.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
It was nice to see three different CUSA games all on national TV today. Before the UTEP game, CBSSN took about 20 minutes going over the new teams in CUSA. LU got many mentions. Overall, the CBSSN games were well done. I only watched part of the New Mexico State game on ESPN. But it seemed well done as well.
TH Spangler liked this
By tyndal23
jimflamesfan wrote: August 27th, 2023, 12:53 am It was nice to see three different CUSA games all on national TV today. Before the UTEP game, CBSSN took about 20 minutes going over the new teams in CUSA. LU got many mentions. Overall, the CBSSN games were well done. I only watched part of the New Mexico State game on ESPN. But it seemed well done as well.
You are correct. Exposure can be a good thing, until it exposes who you really are and who you associate with...but enough of my derision for anything G 5 - LA Tech - run the ball all over them - FIU - stop the run ( unless they replace the QB with someone else who can throw for more than 4 yards in a game. Both Schools looked tiny....
By AATL
Agreed! I really enjoyed the coverage. There was some ugly football though.. even with some 'Week 0' grace. UMASS hasn't scored 40+ points since 2017(!), but looked in a different league than NMSU.

Hopefully LU comes out much better prepared to protect the football than the games yesterday.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: August 27th, 2023, 7:27 am Agreed! I really enjoyed the coverage. There was some ugly football though.. even with some 'Week 0' grace. UMASS hasn't scored 40+ points since 2017(!), but looked in a different league than NMSU.

Hopefully LU comes out much better prepared to protect the football than the games yesterday.
Auburn up next for undefeated UMass :wink:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]