Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I'm not a fan of 5 days in-between a home game and an away game... That's terrible. And I think I was fine with a few mid week games, but 3 Tuesday Games..... Only one good Home game this year - ODU.
Last edited by prototype on January 10th, 2023, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have two conference teams within driving distance moving forward including one about 40 minutes from my house. Both are at Williams Stadium this fall. Ugh. It should make for a great scheduling for me in even years.

In the meantime, FIU might be my road trip for 2023 unless I can score cheap flights to Mrs Cider's hometown.
Cider Jim, jmclaughlin liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Being an out of towner don't think I'll buy season tickets to that mess. Will watch on TV and hit one or two Saturday home games. My buddy is a UTEP fan and has family out there. We both fly free space avaliable, would be fun to hit that one. But it had to be at Thanksgiving. Space avaliable probably not an option. Bummer.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Season ticket sales will be interesting. I’m not sure what the penalty is for people who don’t buy season tickets under the new plan. Or for people who buy GA tickets as opposed to say Club tickets. With 2 of the 7 home games being midweek it’s gonna be a hectic week in the ticket and Flames office
LUOrange liked this
By YaySports
Not sure I was ready for 2 Tuesday home games...but not my call. I'll get our season tickets and enjoy the 5 Saturday games, plus take 1 mid-week getaway with the wife. That leaves us missing 1 game this year, I can live with that.
By BlueBlood
A Sea of Red wrote: January 10th, 2023, 5:51 pm It's not that much of a difference as far as days of the week are concerned for the home schedule.
I understand the math, but from a functional standpoint, it does create a two-month hole without any home Saturday games.

Like, I said in my earlier post - the Saturday New Mexico State game on 9/9 seems like visiting my kids too soon (students start on 8/21). However, the next home Saturday game is the LT game on 11/4 - two months later.

As an out of state parent, I kind of got used to coming up in late September - after the kids have been there for a month or so, and then for a Fall foliage game a month later in October. There are a lot of parents that hold to a similar schedule. I'm not trying to overly complain - I'm just pointing out a reality. It is what it is. I just got used to football games being a major part or our Fall visits to LU. I'll figure something out.

On the upside, I'll enjoy watching the weekday games on TV.
Last edited by BlueBlood on January 10th, 2023, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty22 liked this
By Tnobes
LUOrange wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:13 pm Nothing says we're inferior conference like Tuesday night games. Total bush league.
Like the big 10? I've watched plenty of Thursday night Big10 games in my Life
By CCWMichael
Feel for the kids with the 5 days between games. This just adds to my distaste of Judy.
Despite all of my grumbling we are going in for season tickets. All of our hotels are booked so here is hoping they do not change dates to satisfy the TV lords.
Weird not having a Saturday game for a HUGE span. On the bright side no Thanksgiving home game this year.
Not feeling like we are a lock for conference champions but I like our chances.
GO FLAMES
Baybird liked this
By Tnobes
BlueBlood wrote: January 10th, 2023, 6:45 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: January 10th, 2023, 5:51 pm It's not that much of a difference as far as days of the week are concerned for the home schedule.
I understand the math, but from a functional standpoint, it does create a two-month hole without any home Saturday games.

Like, I said in my earlier post - the Saturday New Mexico State game on 9/9 seems like visiting my kids too soon (students start on 8/21). However, the next home Saturday game is the LT game on 11/4 - two months later.

As an out of state parent, I kind of got used to coming up in late September - after the kids have been there for a month or so, and then for a Fall foliage game a month later in October. There are a lot of parents that hold to a similar schedule.

I'm not trying to overly complain - I'm just pointing out a reality. It is what it is. I I'll just have to figure something out.

On the upside, I'll enjoy watching the weekday games on TV.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 10th, 2023, 6:47 pm
LUOrange wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:13 pm Nothing says we're inferior conference like Tuesday night games. Total bush league.
Tuesday and Thursday are the same day. Who knew?
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 12:21 am
Are you capable of not being a jackazz just once?

Tuesday and Thursday are both weeknight games, so yes they are the same in terms of what we are talking about
By Ill flame
Every conference except maybe the SEC (and they are leaving money on the table) plays midweek games. The only thing that seems bush league to me about it is when teams are playing in front of empty stadiums. We probably won't have crowds bigger than 20,000 but I assume we'll have more students than normal so it'll be a fun environment to watch on TV and the stadium will look pretty full.
flamehunter, AATL, Liberty22 liked this
By JCS Flames Fan 31
Tnobes wrote: January 11th, 2023, 12:45 am
JK37 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 12:21 am

Are you capable of not being a jackazz just once?

Tuesday and Thursday are both weeknight games, so yes they are the same in terms of what we are talking about
I'm with Tnobes on this one, both are Midweek and frankly Tuesday is better than Thursday for eyeballs on the program. People love football and will watch any day of the week! Thursday would be worse, because then you compete with the NFL game on Thursday. I get ppl on here feeling like we are in MAC with the midweek games. But true football fans will watch regardless of the day. Tuesday games will have lots of eyeballs from all over country watching LU :football
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Thursday Games > Tuesday games. People expect to see football on Thursday, be it college or NFL. Tuesday they are catching up on Law and Order reruns or sleep from MNF
ATrain liked this
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
While the opponents are not as attractive, I can see the value in freeing up some weekends for family and extracurricular activities. Re-upped yesterday! What else can you do if you're a true fan of the team, the school and the mission?
I'm looking forward to putting the hurt feelings of betrayal behind us and building on what has been started. Same university, same mission, a proven winner as the new head coach, can't wait until the spring game.
JK37, flamehunter liked this
By cruzan_flame13
It would be nice if the spring game can be improved , especially in regards to broadcasting. Not sure if I'll renew my season tickets as of now since I'm trying to see how those months will play out for me.
By LUOrange
Purple Haize wrote: January 11th, 2023, 3:40 pm Thursday Games > Tuesday games. People expect to see football on Thursday, be it college or NFL. Tuesday they are catching up on Law and Order reruns or sleep from MNF
This. And Tuesday and Wednesday night games are for bush leagues like the MAC and now, CUSA.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]