Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Connecticut
Storrs, Connecticut

UConn Football Official Site

Rentschler Field at Pratt & Whitney Stadium
Opened in 2003 - Seats 40,000

Jim Mora Jr.
1st Season as UConn Head Coach

2022 Schedule/Results

Aug 27 - @ Utah State ......................................... L, 20-31
Sep 03 - Central Connecticut State .................... W, 28-3
Sep 10 - Syracuse ................................................ L, 14-48
Sep 17 - @ Michigan ............................................ L 0-59
Sep 24 - @ NC State ............................................. L, 10-41
Oct 01 - Fresno State ............................................ W, 19-14
Oct 08 - @ FIU ...................................................... W, 33-12
Oct 15 - @ Ball State ............................................. L, 21-25
Oct 29 - Boston College ....................................... W, 13-3
Nov 04 - UMass ..................................................... W, 27-10
Nov 12 - Liberty .................................................... 12 Noon (CBSSN)
Nov 19 - @ Army ................................................... 12 Noon

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
This is not a bad football team. Coming off arguably the 2 biggest wins in school history HCHF will have a lot of work to do for motivation I think. Going from 70,000+ in attendance to noon at UConn won’t be easy.
If we come out focused and just play good football the way we are capable of playing we shouldn’t have an issue.
By tyndal23
Focus on their Defense points per game last 5 and look at our offense...we just lost our stud RB, not much room for error...
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: November 7th, 2022, 12:13 am Focus on their Defense points per game last 5 and look at our offense...we just lost our stud RB, not much room for error...
We would be dumb to overlook UConn. Easily could be an L on the road for us if we don't play well.
ATrain, thesportscritic liked this
By Ill flame
I was concerned about this game based on their record and overall competitiveness until I looked closer at the games they've played. Despite having 5 wins, these guys have only out gained their opponents twice all season against fresno st and their fcs opponent.

I'll give the defense credit since they have been able to get a ton of turnovers and keep them in ball games against bad offenses but that offense is a mess. They are struggling against some of the worst defenses in the country and have been dominated by every above average defense. They are a run heavy team which should play to our strengths.

If we limit turnovers to 1 or fewer we should win easily but if we start turning the ball over as we are prone to do, this could be a long game. The 14 point spread sounds about right. This has all the makings for a trap game though so I hope we come out firing and put it away early.
ATrain liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 7th, 2022, 1:44 am I was concerned about this game based on their record and overall competitiveness until I looked closer at the games they've played. Despite having 5 wins, these guys have only out gained their opponents twice all season against fresno st and their fcs opponent.

I'll give the defense credit since they have been able to get a ton of turnovers and keep them in ball games against bad offenses but that offense is a mess. They are struggling against some of the worst defenses in the country and have been dominated by every above average defense. They are a run heavy team which should play to our strengths.

If we limit turnovers to 1 or fewer we should win easily but if we start turning the ball over as we are prone to do, this could be a long game. The 14 point spread sounds about right. This has all the makings for a trap game though so I hope we come out firing and put it away early.
I'm fairly certain that HC will have them see that most of their losses were to very good/ranked teams . . and . . that Arkansas was a 14.5 favorite at home.
By AATL
For what it's worth, the O/U on UCONN's preseason win total was 2.5. They have two chances to become the most surprisingly bowl eligible team in the country.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: November 7th, 2022, 11:32 am For what it's worth, the O/U on UCONN's preseason win total was 2.5. They have two chances to become the most surprisingly bowl eligible team in the country.
Kansas would like a word with you…
ballcoach15, AATL liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 7th, 2022, 6:12 pm Either way I doubt he comes back before a bowl game at the earliest.
If thats the case I don’t see us going 11-1.

Tech is playing good football. They should have won their last 2.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
They are playing for bowl eligibility and are going to want this. We'd best be focusing on UConn and not looking ahead to Tech. Two big wins, and a big game after this one...the makings of the classic trap game.
LUOrange liked this
By Ill flame
I think we will see more out of TJ Green this week to relieve Louis. Hes played in 3 of the last 4 games but hasnt been getting many carrys. Im not sure what the deal is there. He was our top RB last year averaging 6.4 yards per carry. For reference Dae Dae has been averaging 6.6 ypc.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 7th, 2022, 7:23 pm
Ill flame wrote: November 7th, 2022, 6:12 pm Either way I doubt he comes back before a bowl game at the earliest.
If thats the case I don’t see us going 11-1.

Tech is playing good football. They should have won their last 2.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda…not good football. Virginia Tech is awful. Probably the weakest team in all of P5. And most of G5 for that matter.
flamehunter liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
We will be fine running the ball. Coach has a week to game plan for the new RBs and they have a week to get more 1st team reps. A lot different than trying to figure it out on the fly.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:15 pm We will be fine running the ball. Coach has a week to game plan for the new RBs and they have a week to get more 1st team reps. A lot different than trying to figure it out on the fly.
Idk, we could have planned for GW and we looked like garbage in that game. Also a game we didn't have Dae Dae for half of it I believe.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:35 pm
stokesjokes wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:15 pm We will be fine running the ball. Coach has a week to game plan for the new RBs and they have a week to get more 1st team reps. A lot different than trying to figure it out on the fly.
Idk, we could have planned for GW and we looked like garbage in that game. Also a game we didn't have Dae Dae for half of it I believe.
That's right. And Green has trouble hanging on to the ball.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
No doubt this is a trap game. However, as long as our Defense shows up and continues to show out the way they have - I think we can win even if we don't put up a lot of points. The most points UConn has put up all year is 28 against a 1-8 FCS school.

While Dae Dae being out hurts, I think we can figure a way through it, the same way we have with all of our other injuries. Our OLine has been more consistent this year and I expect HCHF to have the boys ready the way he has all year.
By Ill flame
If that snubbing from the cfp committee doesn't get the team fired up for this game in not sure what will.
rtb72 liked this
By rtb72
I would definitely use it as fodder to feed the the LU beast for closing out with 3 wins. Frankly, I'm not surprised we didn't get in, so we press on and hurt feelings.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 9th, 2022, 12:46 am If that snubbing from the cfp committee doesn't get the team fired up for this game in not sure what will.
Just go out there and demolish UCONN and let the polls will handle themselves...
SumItUp, rtb72 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts

What does this mean? I don’t know of anything going on tonight unless I’m missing something.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]