Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I was at the game. Were you at the tailgate? I dont know as many people personally from the board as twitter. Met a ton more though. What an awesome experience.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:24 pm
paradox wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:11 pm As good as any back we've ever had, if not the clear top guy.
I love Dae Dae, but don’t disrespect Rashad like that
For all of Karcher’s shortcomings I’d stack Dre Barnes and Sam Gado up with anyone
tyndal23, phoenix, JK37 and 2 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:28 pm For all of Karcher’s shortcomings I’d stack Dre Barnes and Sam Gado up with anyone
Sam Gado was one of my Honors students (and now a local MD), but wasn't he a third or fourth-string RB in Karcher's depth chart? :shock: :dontgetit
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 7th, 2022, 4:13 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:28 pm For all of Karcher’s shortcomings I’d stack Dre Barnes and Sam Gado up with anyone
Sam Gado was one of my Honors students (and now a local MD), but wasn't he a third or fourth-string RB in Karcher's depth chart? :shock: :dontgetit
Dre was 1st string until he got hurt. There was another running back who split time with Sam after him. Can’t remember his name. Before his injury Dre was simply electric and comparing him to a poor man’s Barry Sanders were totally warranted.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:46 pm
Dre was 1st string until he got hurt. There was another running back who split time with Sam after him. Can’t remember his name. Before his injury Dre was simply electric and comparing him to a poor man’s Barry Sanders were totally warranted.
I believe that was Eugene Goodman.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:58 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:46 pm
I believe that was Eugene Goodman.
You are correct sir! Thank you. He wasn’t bad either! With those 3 LU should have just gone straight wishbone!
By LUOrange
Liberty always has had good luck at the RB position. Let's not forget Lawrence Worthington and Stacey Nobles in the 90's. Worthington could leap a pile on short yardage with the best of them (which seems to be a long lost art in football). Dae Dae has been our best complete back since Hickson, he just seems to have more power than Frankie.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BUMP

Tough loss to Tech today, but did anyone else notice that Arkansas BEAT #14 Ole Miss today??? :shock: Final score: 42-27
By tyndal23
Cider Jim wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:55 am BUMP

Tough loss to Tech today, but did anyone else notice that Arkansas BEAT #14 Ole Miss today??? :shock: Final score: 42-27
I certainly did and watched quite a bit of it - wasn’t even that close...
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Didn’t feel like figuring out where else to put this. We got our First SEC win this early in our FBS and/or Football history. Meanwhile, Oregon State who has fielded a football team since 1893 and been Pac12, since 1964, just won their first game over an SEC opponent. Pretty crazy considering how long they’ve been FBS and how young we are. Ok carry on haha
By tyndal23
Liberty22 wrote: December 17th, 2022, 7:41 pm Didn’t feel like figuring out where else to put this. We got our First SEC win this early in our FBS and/or Football history. Meanwhile, Oregon State who has fielded a football team since 1893 and been Pac12, since 1964, just won their first game over an SEC opponent. Pretty crazy considering how long they’ve been FBS and how young we are. Ok carry on haha
The beauty of Indie, you can schedule all P5 Conferences annually if you want. We may not play an SEC team for another 100 years much less win. But who cares - CUSA !!!
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 17th, 2022, 9:52 pm
Liberty22 wrote: December 17th, 2022, 7:41 pm Didn’t feel like figuring out where else to put this. We got our First SEC win this early in our FBS and/or Football history. Meanwhile, Oregon State who has fielded a football team since 1893 and been Pac12, since 1964, just won their first game over an SEC opponent. Pretty crazy considering how long they’ve been FBS and how young we are. Ok carry on haha
The beauty of Indie, you can schedule all P5 Conferences annually if you want. We may not play an SEC team for another 100 years much less win. But who cares - CUSA !!!
What a fresh perspective. Thanks for sharing!
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this
By tyndal23
Kricket wrote: December 18th, 2022, 2:33 am
Beavers have played 13 games against SEC which wasn’t formed until 1932 and first games in 1933. They were 0- 11-1 before tonight. They play an average of once every 9 years, probably more than LU will over next 90 years - even with the geographic disparity.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He never grasps the fact that SEC schools will have to also want to schedule LU. It takes two to tango.
His takes are as fresh as a can of my grandfather’s SPAM :D
By Tnobes
Save the trolling for your fishing boat
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: December 18th, 2022, 3:04 am

Beavers have played 13 games against SEC which wasn’t formed until 1932 and first games in 1933. They were 0- 11-1 before tonight. They play an average of once every 9 years, probably more than LU will over next 90 years - even with the geographic disparity.
End of an era, glad I got to see it. WF, BYU, Arkansas, VT - expectations were 8-4 as a solid year - just not the way it played out which was 8-1 and a barf bag, ugh. Now on to CUSA where 1-2 losses to the likes of WKU, Jacksonville St, UTEP will sting much worse than VT WF but with no high notes on the victories. Pressure to “win them all” as a hopeful goal or win enough to play for CUSA Championship. CUSA will be tough, no more recruiting advantages for future NFL caliber players, it will be mid G5 level with the occasional P5 transfer down a d we are competing with TX,Fl,AL locals with no “schedule P5/G5 hybrid schedule advantage After 3 years, once Covid backlog shakes out, it will be good HS player development that gets plucked by P5 after a good freshman, sophomore, junior year. I still hate G5 even with an autobid - get us out ASAP...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 21st, 2022, 7:30 am Yes, you don't want to be in C-USA. We understand. Nobody likes the schedule more than this year's schedule.

That being said, do we need to bemoan this repeatedly?
When you are a 1 Trick Pony you only have 1 Trick. So..yeah
flamehunter liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
When you’re a hammer, the whole message board looks like a nail.

“Hey, why did Becki boink the pool boy?”

Tyndal: “Because we’re G5! Granda is an agent of CUSA!”
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 21st, 2022, 4:00 pm When you’re a hammer, the whole message board looks like a nail.

“Hey, why did Becki boink the pool boy?”

Tyndal: “Because we’re G5! Granda is an agent of CUSA!”
Tyndal identifies as Pool Boy Equivalent :lol: :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]