Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Biggest win in LU history deserves its own thread!

The D was amazing, gassed at the end but still enough to make 1 more stand

JB QB1 for the 2 biggest wins in LU history. He has silenced the haters and I’m happy for him

Top 20? Top 15?
LU 57, thesportscritic, Liberty22 and 8 others liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
I'm trying not to be a spoiled fan, but my head and heart hurt from how close it got! Our poor defense was struggling near the end.

I'm sure I'll celebrate once I calm down! If our offense can put together a full game every game, I think they can run the table. 62 points in six quarters between the BYU and Arkansas games is impressive.
By LUDad
Baldspot1 wrote: November 5th, 2022, 7:30 pm Biggest game in history perhaps and no post game radio program. Apparently power is out on campus. :evil: :oops:
I'm listening to it on Journey App
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Baldspot1 wrote: November 5th, 2022, 7:30 pm Biggest game in history perhaps and no post game radio program. Apparently power is out on campus. :evil: :oops:
88.3 the journey has a number of links - just google.
By LUOrange
I'm super-psyched about this winn, but the poor offensive play calling in the 2nd half made this game way too close. I've yet to understand the rationale for lining up in the shotgun on short yardage run plays.
rmiller1959, Baybird liked this
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Thankful it didn't come down to OT - defense was gassed. I'm not sure we win if it goes to overtime.

What a game, though. And the Arkansas fan base is already calling for the collective heads of the coaching staff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: November 5th, 2022, 7:44 pm I'm super-psyched about this winn, but the poor offensive play calling in the 2nd half made this game way too close. I've yet to understand the rationale for lining up in the shotgun on short yardage run plays.
If you are in shotgun all the time you stay in it. The mechanics of going under center are very different. So unless you are gonna do a QB sneak keep doing what you’ve been doing
By Ill flame
I figured we would keep it close but I never imagined we would pull off the win in this game. This win should be the one to start getting the media hype rolling about Liberty (and of course hugh freeze). There's no doubt we should be ranked next week in the cfp rankings. Unfortunately we just beat a team that lost to liberty so how good can they really be? Hopefully if we avoid any upsets the rest of the season that narrative will be mostly gone going into next year when the rankings actually mean something for us.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 5th, 2022, 7:50 pm
LUOrange wrote: November 5th, 2022, 7:44 pm I'm super-psyched about this winn, but the poor offensive play calling in the 2nd half made this game way too close. I've yet to understand the rationale for lining up in the shotgun on short yardage run plays.
If you are in shotgun all the time you stay in it. The mechanics of going under center are very different. So unless you are gonna do a QB sneak keep doing what you’ve been doing
Well said purple. The other factor is we’re RPO and I wouldn’t put it past coach to allow or give the green light on a pass if the defense gives the right look.
Last edited by Liberty22 on November 5th, 2022, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
I thought that we would have had to weather the storm in the first half and catch them being overconfident in the 4th quarter. If you noticed on TV, they were gassed on offense. I am convinced that given two weeks to prepare, HCHF could give us a chance to win against anyone.
LUOrange liked this
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:51 pm Future flames hearing the stories about this game:

"Remember remember the 5th of November..." :lol:
I was literally coming here to make this joke :lol: . Beat me to it. We've come a long way from the days of Ken Karcher and boinking a game winning field goal off the crossbar against VMI in the final minute my Freshman year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:58 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:51 pm Future flames hearing the stories about this game:

"Remember remember the 5th of November..." :lol:
I was literally coming here to make this joke :lol: . Beat me to it. We've come a long way from the days of Ken Karcher and boinking a game winning field goal off the crossbar against VMI in the final minute my Freshman year.
I watched V For Vendetta today
cruzan_flame13 liked this
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I'm watching it alongside the bama Lsu game in my office right now. BTW be prepared to be 2 TD favorites against VT in two weeks.
By LUDad
Just watched post game press conference on youtube. Thoughts on Dae Dae without mri was perhaps LCL..from the sound of it coach seem hopeful. so perhaps a strain or bruise???
By AATL
What a mega effort by the defense. Scheme wins all around, winning battles on the field all around.

Ark Season Averages / Ark vs. Liberty
33+ Points per Game / 19 Points
244.5 Rush Yards per game / 144 Rush Yards
50% 3rd Down Conversion / 25% vs LU
rtb72, Liberty22, jmclaughlin and 3 others liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]