Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 8th, 2022, 5:41 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 8th, 2022, 4:57 pm Wait. So leaving LU can never be Gods will? That’s an odd take. Maybe the Lord has completed the work he needed to do in them. Who are you to judge?
I'm just repeating the scriptures, no more , no less.
But you are certainly insinuating something. Others are outright saying it. So you can get out of here with your ‘no more no less’ :BS
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 8th, 2022, 4:57 pm Wait. So leaving LU can never be Gods will? That’s an odd take. Maybe the Lord has completed the work he needed to do in them. Who are you to judge?
Of course some are legit but it seems like almost portal posting (LU or otherwise) says "after much prayer" yet 40% don't get claimed. Some might rightly call many a "Jesus juke". :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: December 8th, 2022, 7:39 pm
Of course some are legit but it seems like almost portal posting (LU or otherwise) says "after much prayer" yet 40% don't get claimed. Some might rightly call many a "Jesus juke". :D
What gives you the right to judge?
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
The same right that allows you tell others they are "Jesus juking". Play Basketball

I'm not making an individual judgment on anyone, just a comment on the human condition. I had written something longer which included admitting I have done the same. More than once. Do you really believe everyone who say's they have prayed about it really have? How many of us have prayed for God's will and then gone on and done what we wanted to do or what we hoped He had told us? I don't think any less of those who have or do but it's funny to me when these all sound like a template to filled in.

Yes, I'm cynical, I grew up in IFB churches. :wink:
JK37 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Man, if I had the decency to approach my pastor and tell him I’m leaving and tried to explain to him that I felt called to do so only to later find out that he was rolling his eyes the whole time, I’d take that as confirmation that I made the right choice.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 8th, 2022, 8:46 pm Man, if I had the decency to approach my pastor and tell him I’m leaving and tried to explain to him that I felt called to do so only to later find out that he was rolling his eyes the whole time, I’d take that as confirmation that I made the right choice.
Yep. I’m right there with you. It’s kinda disgusting this type of behavior I’m not sure they are sincere or not but I’m going to take them at their word and wish them well. Sitting here in judgment of their spirituality is not a good look. Like if you leave LU you are defying the Will of God. Absolutely asinine
stokesjokes liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: December 8th, 2022, 8:11 pm The same right that allows you tell others they are "Jesus juking". Play Basketball

I'm not making an individual judgment on anyone, just a comment on the human condition. I had written something longer which included admitting I have done the same. More than once. Do you really believe everyone who say's they have prayed about it really have? How many of us have prayed for God's will and then gone on and done what we wanted to do or what we hoped He had told us? I don't think any less of those who have or do but it's funny to me when these all sound like a template to filled in.

Jack Hyles would be proud!
Just John liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I mean, I think both arguments are right. Some people aren't actually praying to make the right decision and say they are. Some others are praying and end up just doing what they want. And others are sincere in trying to do the right thing after prayer. We can never know, in most cases, which is true.

I think the disagreement is whether we should publicly state which one of these an individual is. Personally, I learned long ago to try not to judge intentions, even if I think I know. Oftentimes I don't even know if my own intentions are pure in doing God's will or my own, so I don't know how I could tell in others.

Unless the choice is directly against what we are commanded to do in God's word, it's quite difficult to say.
Purple Haize, Just John liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 8th, 2022, 1:46 am We need a big anchor like Hobby Lobby David Green - maybe national HL ads from LU athletes. The $20 here and there won’t cut it....
It depends what the goal is. If the goal is to sell it to athletes as a reason to come here, that may be right. I know that when I was in college, $20 here and there would have been a majorly big deal, especially if I had no time to work a job due to sports training. If we look at it that way, I'd say chip in as you see fit.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 8th, 2022, 10:54 pm
I think the disagreement is whether we should publicly state which one of these an individual is. Personally, I learned long ago to try not to judge intentions, even if I think I know. Oftentimes I don't even know if my own intentions are pure in doing God's will or my own, so I don't know how I could tell in others.

Unless the choice is directly against what we are commanded to do in God's word, it's quite difficult to say.
You are a wise Kricket
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 8th, 2022, 9:58 pm
Just John wrote: December 8th, 2022, 8:11 pm The same right that allows you tell others they are "Jesus juking". Play Basketball

Jack Hyles would be proud!
Man, I hated the times he would come speak at my high school. :BS
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
NIL question? Can a $7-8M per year SEC coach for example put money into a NIL pot. Or donate directly to a players NIL. I haven't researched the rules, NIL will be key to recruiting a top 25 team. Are coaches restricted?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
They are:
https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/10/26/me ... 0entities.

Relevant text:
The board also clarified that school personnel (including coaches) can assist an NIL entity with fundraising through appearances or by providing autographed memorabilia but cannot donate cash directly to those entities.
What's the over/under on how long it takes before a big-name coach gets caught passing NIL money via a 3rd party?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's probably already happening at the rogue schools. (and been happening before anyone ever heard of NIL)

See NCAA basketball and FBI Investigation, same thing in football also, but football people are probably smarter than basketball people, thus they haven't been caught. When coaches get caught buying recruits, yet school gets very little, if any punishment by NCAA, there's a problem.
By rtb72
stokesjokes wrote: December 9th, 2022, 10:54 am They are:
https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/10/26/me ... 0entities.

Relevant text:
The board also clarified that school personnel (including coaches) can assist an NIL entity with fundraising through appearances or by providing autographed memorabilia but cannot donate cash directly to those entities.
What's the over/under on how long it takes before a big-name coach gets caught passing NIL money via a 3rd party?
Yeah...I noticed that word "directly", too. That's the sort of word lawyers love....probably the reason it's in the language. Wiggle room...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If it would help us recruit better LU softball players, Ballcoach would be writing checks! :fineprint
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 9th, 2022, 11:04 am It's probably already happening at the rogue schools. (and been happening before anyone ever heard of NIL)

See NCAA basketball and FBI Investigation, same thing in football also, but football people are probably smarter than basketball people, thus they haven't been caught. When coaches get caught buying recruits, yet school gets very little, if any punishment by NCAA, there's a problem.
There so much ethically and factually wrong with this post.

Why are “football people” smarter?

The NCAA men’s basketball coaches indicted in the FBI investigation weren’t buying recruits. Why do you consistently comment without thinking? Or doing research?

This is a message board. You’re certainly under no obligation to do research or display any critical thinking. But since you choose not to do either of those things - ever - no one here ever takes you seriously. It’s sad.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 9th, 2022, 6:27 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 9th, 2022, 11:04 am It's probably already happening at the rogue schools. (and been happening before anyone ever heard of NIL)

There so much ethically and factually wrong with this post.

Why are “football people” smarter?

The NCAA men’s basketball coaches indicted in the FBI investigation weren’t buying recruits. Why do you consistently comment without thinking? Or doing research?

This is a message board. You’re certainly under no obligation to do research or display any critical thinking. But since you choose not to do either of those things - ever - no one here ever takes you seriously. It’s entertaining .
FIFY
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The USC quarterback who was given Heisman trophy last night is a prime example of why NIL and transfer portal are bad for college sports. He was a starter at Oklahoma, but after boosters put together a so called NIL package, he transferred to USC.
In more simple terms, he was paid to transfer. This crap should not be allowed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He won the Heisman. He wasn’t GIVEN Heisman
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 11th, 2022, 2:12 pm The USC quarterback who was given Heisman trophy last night is a prime example of why NIL and transfer portal are bad for college sports. He was a starter at Oklahoma, but after boosters put together a so called NIL package, he transferred to USC.
In more simple terms, he was paid to transfer. This crap should not be allowed.
It will destroy NCAA football within a few years without more restrictions.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
He transferred because his coach left. Had zero to do with NIL and everything to do with the coach he signed with got a new job…
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
But even if it did. Everyone else makes millions off them, and the other student-athletes’ experiences are financed by the football team. And you want the only thing they get to be a degree? Why shouldn’t they be allowed to profit NOW from their name, their image and the likeness?

Why shouldn’t they be allowed the right to choose where they go to class and where they compete? Just like EVERY. OTHER. STUDENT. ?? And why shouldn’t they be allowed to change their mind? Just like EVERY. OTHER. STUDENT. ??

And if I want to give my money directly to one of those student-athletes, instead of being forced to go through the University or the booster club, for some service rendered - why shouldn’t I be allowed to do so?

The only thing this is “destroying” is the idyllic caste system of intercollegiate athletics that you old curmudgeons enjoyed while the hardest working entity in the chain - the student-athletes - were suppressed so that coaches, presidents, and other students could benefit more.

You old geezers have been screaming how this is going to ruin college athletics for so long. But here we are! Instead of being ruined, more people watch than ever before. Where’s the ruination? NOT ALL CHANGE IS BAD! You’re just suffering from what every old person seems to at some point: laziness to do the work to understand WHY the change was made. It’s easier to sit in the corner on your smart phone and whine about it! Instead of even trying to give a single ounce of effort to UNDERSTAND it. And that is why no one cares what you think.

And even if recruits are bought, tell me why that’s inherently bad? It’s the same in professional sports. So the entity with the most money wins. Guess what? WELCOME TO AMERICA!!

“But this isn’t professional sports!” Yes it is. When they are required to fulfill duties for their benefits, they are working to earn a living. It’s not amateur anymore.

“But paying for recruits hurts competitive balance!” - no, it just brings the imbalance out into the open.

Show me a better system. And give me one - just one - reason why your system would be better. I’ll wait.

And don’t just paint an old picture for me. Don’t give me your preference to keep the athletes poor while everyone else profits. If you can’t offer a solution, and do more than just whine like a baby, then sit down and shut up.

Bunch of crazy, know-nothing oppressive whiny baby men…..
Last edited by JK37 on December 11th, 2022, 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Purple Haize liked this
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Testify 🙌🏼
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The NIL is ‘The Shiny New Thing’. Eventually the novelty will wear off and players will find out that Promises made aren’t always promises kept. Things will stabilize and it will no longer be an issue. It’s not going to destroy anything. It will shift the landscape certainly. Teams like Alabama who had cheating down to a science will no longer have that advantage.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]