Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, Arkansas

Arkansas Football Official Site

HawgSports 247sports Message Board

HawgBeat Rivals Message Board

Hogville.net Message Board

WooPig.net Message Board

Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
Opened in 1938 - Seats 80,000

Hunter Yurachek
Arkansas AD Since 2017

Sam Pittman
3rd Season as Arkansas Head Coach

2022 Schedule/Results

SEP 03 - Cincinnati ............................................... W, 31-24
SEP 10 - South Carolina ........................................ W, 44-30
SEP 17 - Missouri State ......................................... W, 38-27
SEP 24 - vs. #23 Texas A&M in Arlington, TX ........ L, 23-21
OCT 01 - #2 Alabama ............................................ L, 49-26
OCT 08 - @ #23 Mississippi State ......................... L, 40-17
OCT 15 - @ BYU .................................................... W, 52-35
OCT 29 - @ Auburn ............................................... W, 41-27
NOV 05 - Liberty ................................................... 3:00 PM CT
NOV 12 - LSU
NOV 19 - Ole Miss
NOV 25 - @ Missouri
Even without a win in this game this will be a great season if we win the games we should. One week ago 11-1 felt like a huge reach, now it almost feels attainable. I would love to steal this one and win out so we have some hype going into next year. It's super premature but I want that NY6 bowl next year and preseason hype goes a long way towards helping us get there.
My sources are pointing out that BYU scored 35 points against Arkansas, but only scored 14 against our LU defense (and were shutout the last 3 quarters!). :fbplayer
ballcoach15 liked this
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: October 26th, 2022, 10:42 am If LU wins out is it even possible for them to get a shot at a NY6 bowl? Is their independence status keeping them from that? Independence status obviously doesn't keep Notre Dame or BYU out of those discussions. I only bring this up as we kicked the crap out of BYU.
In theory nothing is stopping us from finishing in the top 12 and going to a ny6 as an at large but it won't happen with our schedule and a loss. BYU and ND play a significantly harder schedule than us. Luckily next year we only have to be the highest ranked G5 and if next year is anything like this year that shouldn't be super hard.
Not that they would have “overlooked” us but the fact that we’ll be ranked (20 and 25 lost today) heading in there on Saturday means we have their FULL attention. It’s good optics for us to be ranked in front of an SEC crowd, assuming we keep it close if not win. It’s also fun that a top 25 team is playing in that stadium and it’s not the SEC team.
We are 14 point dogs on the road. I'd say that's about what I expected. I don't see us making a game of this, but certainly hope I'm wrong.

We have to be the biggest underdog for a ranked to no ranked team. I remember a few years back we had a similar situation for the VA Tech game.
That seems a little doom dayish. We were just shy of 20 point underdogs with VT two years ago. That was the opening line. 14 is the opening line with this game. It could move. Even if it doesn’t, we’ve been a bigger underdog as a ranked to no ranked team just two years ago and that worked out pretty well.

With that said, I think Arkansas is a tougher opponent then tech was in 20. KJ Jefferson, their QB is scary when he starts to improvise. He’s big, strong, and elusive. Our offense was more consistent in 20 as well so I don’t know what to expect coming into this game. If we can play close to our BYU game we can potentially sneak one out. Any other offense shows up it’ll be a long day. I do however have faith we’ll keep it close by the end, even if that’s a 14 point spread. One thing I know about HCHF is he doesn’t get blown out very often.
LUOrange liked this
Arkansas crowd will be much larger than the VT crowd when we beat VT. But visiting teams have gone into large stadiums before as underdogs and won. I think Coach Freeze has coached in Arkansas stadium before, thus he'll have the team prepared for the crowd/noise.
Regardless of the outcome, it's great that Liberty is going into a SEC stadium ranked in Top 25. Playing this game is much better than playing the ODUs, JMUs, CCUs, Appy States or other Sun Belt or MAC teams.
If Tennessee-Georgia and Alabama-LSU were not playing Saturday, this might be the biggest game of week.
ballcoach15 wrote:Arkansas crowd will be much larger than the VT crowd when we beat VT.
Oh really? Thanks for the expert analysis.
Their RB (Sanders) went to HS in the town where I grew up, so I usually follow the local news over there. They just posted a story this morning that he is currently leading the SEC in rushing. Hopefully, the defense will be ready. I would argue they are a tougher opponent than Ole Miss last year.
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Their RB (Sanders) went to HS in the town where I grew up, so I usually follow the local news over there. They just posted a story this morning that he is currently leading the SEC in rushing. Hopefully, the defense will be ready. I would argue they are a tougher opponent than Ole Miss last year.
I'd say this Arkansas team could be the toughest game we have ever played. I know they don't have a number by their name, but they probably should. Add that to being on the road for their homecoming... It's rough.
Depending on which version of the offense shows up, I don't think it's unrealistic to think Liberty could make it to the fourth quarter with a puncher's chance in this. Arkansas wins the size and talent battle inherent with SEC recruiting, but Freeze & Co. have done well eating time of possession enough to mitigate some of that talent and limit opportunities to put points on the board in similar games over the past couple years. Last year Ole Miss has perhaps the best front seven Liberty has seen and the LU offense couldn't muster enough to keep it in striking distance. Arkansas, however, is emphatically not that -- they're hanging out right beside BYU in defensive efficiency. Regardless, even the thought that this isn't a 53-0 money game (re: Auburn 2018) is a sign of the awesome progress here over the past 5ish years.
I typically love the mid afternoon time slot, for games when we get a national audience but…national interest will be slim with the de facto national championship game at the same time. The Hedges will have 99% of the impartial viewership on Saturday.
JK37 liked this
UTEP

We lose finale 4-3. There's not enough room on th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]