Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Am I the only one who thinks we should also be carrying the flag of Virginia out onto the field at the start of the game? I've seen Gardner-Webb carry NC's state flag, and some other teams carry their state's flag, so why don't we do it???

Also, BYU carried VA's flag out on Saturday, and IMO that was pure class (unless they were trying to mock us)
LUOrange, Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'd personally rather see us carry out the Christian flag.
LUOrange, rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: October 24th, 2022, 6:44 pm
Cider Jim wrote: October 24th, 2022, 6:26 pm I'd personally rather see us carry out the Christian flag.
No reason we can't carry that one out too
Yes on the Virginia Flag
No on the Christian flag
ATrain liked this
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: October 24th, 2022, 9:38 pm
ATrain wrote: October 24th, 2022, 6:44 pm
Cider Jim wrote: October 24th, 2022, 6:26 pm I'd personally rather see us carry out the Christian flag.
No reason we can't carry that one out too
Yes on the Virginia Flag
No on the Christian flag
Why no on the Christian flag? I can see why the Christian flag should be carried instead of the US flag (both should be carried)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: October 25th, 2022, 8:24 pm There's over 80 kids on the team,I think they could carry the US, VA & Christian flags through the arch.
I agree, Jerry Sr. was proud to be a Christian, an American, and a Virginian. It'd be a good homage to him to carry all three.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: October 27th, 2022, 6:40 pm
LUOrange wrote: October 25th, 2022, 8:24 pm There's over 80 kids on the team,I think they could carry the US, VA & Christian flags through the arch.
I agree, Jerry Sr. was proud to be a Christian, an American, and a Virginian. It'd be a good homage to him to carry all three.
Meh on the Christian flag. Feels exclusionary and not something to fight over or rally around in a Sporting contest. US and VA flag absolutely based on traditions etc. The Christian flag….not so much
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 27th, 2022, 8:33 pm The Christian flag... I'm sure someone will use the bible for a reason to why this is okay smh :roll:
Heck I don’t even need to do that. The visuals are simply atrocious
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: October 27th, 2022, 6:59 pm
ATrain wrote: October 27th, 2022, 6:40 pm
Meh on the Christian flag. Feels exclusionary and not something to fight over or rally around in a Sporting contest. US and VA flag absolutely based on traditions etc. The Christian flag….not so much
Newsflash: Jesus is super exclusionary
By Ill flame
Hear me out. We need to really up our christian imagery game. What if we get three giant inflatable crosses representing the three crosses on calvary and have the guys run through them for their entrance. I'm picturing God's gonna cut you down by Johnny Cash playing while this happens but I'll admit there may be more fitting music out there. We will also need doves, a lamb and if it isn't going too far, a lion (maybe this could just be a guy in a costume?). I'm still figuring out the logistics on how exactly this is going to look and it may be a long WWE/AEW style entrance but you got to give the people what they want. I think it's time to go to bed now, it's been a long day.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: October 28th, 2022, 12:06 am Hear me out. We need to really up our christian imagery game. What if we get three giant inflatable crosses representing the three crosses on calvary and have the guys run through them for their entrance. I'm picturing God's gonna cut you down by Johnny Cash playing while this happens but I'll admit there may be more fitting music out there. We will also need doves, a lamb and if it isn't going too far, a lion (maybe this could just be a guy in a costume?). I'm still figuring out the logistics on how exactly this is going to look and it may be a long WWE/AEW style entrance but you got to give the people what they want. I think it's time to go to bed now, it's been a long day.
Thoughts on animal sacrifice at halftime? Symbolizing the break between Covenants?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 28th, 2022, 11:24 am Been traveling and just saw that last post for Haize. :D

Honestly I find the Johnny Cash song perfect for an LU game. Count me in!

I’d be 100% for the Johnny Cash song!
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]