Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
We're going to be in the Burg for Thanksgiving and thinking about going to the game. Seeing the prices online for tickets, I struggle paying that much for two non ranked teams ;) with the students being out of school that following week, I'm assuming many of them will be out of town. Are they still going to be doing the "first come, first serve" process or are they going to be offering alot of those seats where the students normally sit?
By LUOrange
I imagine we'll have a full house of students at the Tech game. I wouldn't be surprised either if they are able to move the game to Friday night for ESPN2/U/News. I re-watched the game on TV when I got home Saturday night, and I must say a full Bill looks great on TV.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 4:49 pm Seeing the prices online for tickets, I struggle paying that much for two non ranked teams
What are tickets going for?

I do not yet know if we will be in town for the game. We leave to see family that weekend and stay out of town for the entire week. My two older boys are EXPECTING to stay for the game, but that may not be in the cards. A move to a Friday night game would be very welcome.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
LUOrange wrote: October 24th, 2022, 8:00 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: October 24th, 2022, 8:57 am They have a commitment from over 4,000 students to be there so far
This be is awesome news.

Who were they reserving that mostly empty area behind the BYU cheerleaders for? And what happened to them?
Students
By BlueBlood
Regarding the empty part of the student section (which, as far as I can tell, was the reason we didn't hit 25K):

Early last week the school announced that the game was "sold out". This confused many of the students - thinking that they wouldn't be able to get into the game. One of my daughters called me earlier in the week in a panic - asking me if I had a ticket she could use and I had to assure her that her student pass would still work. Some of my kids' friends made arrangements to go home after learning of the "sell out". My older daughter had one of her roommates take a babysitting job. The school did send out a message later in the week clarifying that the student section was separate from the "sell out", but some damage had already been done.

If you extrapolate the stories I personally know of, I really think they would have hit the 25K or maybe even 26K but-for above mix-up.
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The BYU and VT games should have been treated as any other game, pertaining to tickets. Just sell the tickets and fill up the stadium.

Also the Berm seating was a somewhat confused, as someone posted earlier. Those with kids in FKC, had 2 options for BYU game. Let kid go unsupervised on berm, or buy berm ticket for 30.00 each, and eat or sell previously purchased ticket.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
That was me you’re referencing I think. So the berm seating was free in essence. We bought 2 season tickets because our 2 year old is free and our 4 year old got a berm ticket as part of her FKC. So they only checked for 1 berm ticket, our 4 year old, yet all of us sat on the berm. We weren’t going to leave a 4 yo unattended. Second half however my 4 yo and I went to our seats while mom and the 2 yo stayed at the berm. So it creates an interesting dynamic of what to do. I’m thankful they don’t try and charge us for extra tickets when we own season seats.

For VT however you can’t get your FKC kids into the game without a seat which is sort of bs because my guess is a sellout (maybe less due to students being gone) just as byu so I’m not sure the difference. So we’re leaving our kids with Grandma haha
By LUOrange
Yeah, some things they clearly haven't and/or don't think through and they bungle things. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt as a growing athletic department and they do do many/most things right. However, sometimes I think they and many of the University's various departments could afford to hire some Chik-Fil-A managers.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]