Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Dalegarz1
Some of the current projections have us playing Miami, Texas Tech, Tulane and Coastal Carolina. If we finish strong, I would like any of those matchups.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: November 15th, 2022, 5:45 am Some of the current projections have us playing Miami, Texas Tech, Tulane and Coastal Carolina. If we finish strong, I would like any of those matchups.
Anyone of those but Coastal. Been there. Beat that
Humble_Opinion liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 15th, 2022, 9:20 am Anyone of those but Coastal. Been there. Beat that
Coastal is really good this year. They scare me! :shock:
By LUOrange
I liked most of this week's predictions. My least favorite was So. Alabama, then Coastal, then UTSA. Really don't want an SBC or CUSA school. I'd settle for UTSA though.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: November 15th, 2022, 3:12 pm I liked most of this week's predictions. My least favorite was So. Alabama, then Coastal, then UTSA. Really don't want an SBC or CUSA school. I'd settle for UTSA though.
I agree, except Marshall would be a good bowl, in Alabama. I don't want to play CCU, regardless of how good or bad they might be. Why replay a Big South game ?
LUOrange liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Texan and Louisianan options would obviously be my favorites. Then again we historically have been played well in Louisiana.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to see us play an American Athletic Conference foe. That's the best G5 conference and would be a great landing spot for us if we could find a way to get there. ECU would be a good matchup.

While CCU would be a decent one as well... I'm with PH. Been there... beat that. I don't want that game anymore.
By LUDad
I don't care who we play or where we play as long as it is against the highest rank G5 after the NY6 bowler.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope it's a Power 5 or AAC school, unless it's Marshall. Rest of the bunch will remind me of a FCS opponent. But for some unknown reason, Baylor keeps popping up on my radar screen.
Regardless of who we play, I hope LU fans will respond in bigger numbers than our 3 previous bowl games.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Best guess is LU gets paired w/Coastal in bowl game. Chadwell coaches both teams from sky box. Sends plays down to Ragan Freeze Reynolds on LU sideline and random CCU fan on the other.
By LUOrange
Myrtle is fine because I can probably get to the game. However, I still need to look up dates. But somewhere a little warmer than Myrtle would be preferable.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts

Cool town, actually. Tougher to fly there these days after Southwest abandoned them when they were liberated from the Wright Amendment. As a result, it is not a cheap ticket typically.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:56 pm Southwest still flies to Albuquerque. Reasonable pricing, but I doubt @Purple Haize would commit to going.
I dunno. Depends on Mrs Purple. Tickets will hopefully be cheaper than flying to Lond…err…Fayetteville
SumItUp liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Southwest still flies to ABQ but on a much more limited schedule with fewer connecting cities. United is typically substantially cheaper.

Anybody remember when Southwest was a low cost carrier? Wow, it has been quite awhile.
By rtb72
I've got 5...I really need a southeastern destination for selfish reasons....regardless of where we go, I want the kids to finish with a nice showing and a win. They need that dub more than ever.
By jmclaughlin
Not sure what thread to drop this or if it has been pointed out previously but the underdog has covered in 11 of the 12 LU games this season. That is crazy! Has to be a marker of a coach with one foot out the door.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]