Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Independent Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations

– Liberty, New Mexico State, UConn and UMass don’t have direct bowl ties or affiliations.

– Army can be moved where needed, but the main tie-in this year is the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl vs the American Athletic Conference.

– BYU will be in an ESPN owned and operated bowl in 2020, 2022 and 2024, and in the Independence Bowl in 2021, 2023 and 2025. It has the potential to go to the Cheez-It if the Big Ten and Big 12 can’t fill their slots.

– Notre Dame – if it’s not in the College Football Playoff – can take one of the ACC’s bowl spots other than the Orange. It must be within one overall win over another available ACC team.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/07 ... 022-2023/6
LUOrange liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 6th, 2022, 7:31 pm Independent Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations

– Liberty, New Mexico State, UConn and UMass don’t have direct bowl ties or affiliations.

– Army can be moved where needed, but the main tie-in this year is the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl vs the American Athletic Conference.

– BYU will be in an ESPN owned and operated bowl in 2020, 2022 and 2024, and in the Independence Bowl in 2021, 2023 and 2025. It has the potential to go to the Cheez-It if the Big Ten and Big 12 can’t fill their slots.

– Notre Dame – if it’s not in the College Football Playoff – can take one of the ACC’s bowl spots other than the Orange. It must be within one overall win over another available ACC team.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/07 ... 022-2023/6
ND (ACC) can select the Mayo Bowl and play against a 6 or 7 win P5. We win out 11-1, maybe something crazy happens and we slip in.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty should get a better bowl than Notre Dame, especially if ND loses a game or 2 more. But most bowls are designed for those 6-6 power 5 teams.

The Independence Bowl would be a good bowl for LU, ( with a good opponent). Good location, good parking,
By Ill flame
The only bowl I would be able to make this year is the Gasparilla bowl so I'm really hoping we get that one. Unfortunately they recently signed a secondary bowl agreement with the sunbelt so that makes it less likely. Beyond that I just want to win whatever bowl game we get and I would prefer it be later in the bowl season so we can get more practices in with the young guys returning next year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:22 pm Liberty should get a better bowl than Notre Dame...
If Dr. Falwell were still alive, he would probably body slam you or punch you in the head for a remark like that. :nono :boxing :fight
Last edited by Cider Jim on November 7th, 2022, 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 7th, 2022, 6:11 pm Where are you finding these gifs?
ASOR calls them "Smilies," and they are to the right of the text box.
LUOrange liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ND would sell that out by themselves.

But how does a9-3/8-4 Notre Dame fall all the way to the Camellia Bowl.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 8th, 2022, 9:09 am ND would sell that out by themselves.

But how does a9-3/8-4 Notre Dame fall all the way to the Camellia Bowl.
Still a lot of football to be played. Maybe ESPN wants the match up. "The game is owned and managed by ESPN Events."
By Ill flame
I don't think some of these websites look at bowl tie ins. I think they just put together matchup ups that look fun. The camellia bowl tie ins are between the sunbelt, Mac and C-usa. The ACC doesn't have a tie in to that bowl.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 8th, 2022, 9:42 am I don't think some of these websites look at bowl tie ins. I think they just put together matchup ups that look fun. The camellia bowl tie ins are between the sunbelt, Mac and C-usa. The ACC doesn't have a tie in to that bowl.
You would think a SPORTS ILLUSTRATED site would have some credibility.
By LUOrange
TH Spangler wrote: November 8th, 2022, 6:35 am SI prediction

Dec. 27
Camellia Bowl, Montgomery, Ala. (Noon, ESPN)
At-large vs. at-large
Notre Dame vs. Liberty

https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/07/b ... me-playoff
If this were to happen (I don't think it would, but maybe ND says yes to a 11-1 #10-12 Liberty), there'd be no way I wouldn't be in attendance.
Liberty22 liked this
By LU 57
Cider Jim wrote: November 7th, 2022, 4:08 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:22 pm Liberty should get a better bowl than Notre Dame...
If Dr. Falwell were still alive, he would probably body slam you or punch you in the head for a remark like that. :nono :boxing :fight
Experienced a couple of his unexpected rib shots. :lol:
SumItUp, rtb72, LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote: November 8th, 2022, 11:16 am Do you seriously think Notre Dame would accept a bid to play on the Camellia Bowl? Not. A. Chance.
Yes they would. Still a young team and new coach. Those extra practices are very valuable
LUOrange liked this
By LUDad
Wouldn't be promoted that way but there is something to sell in a Catholic vs Baptist TV bowl match up. Also Big Boy vs. Upstart. Bet LU would provide a really good ticket guarantee from their side and practically give them to students and bus them down.

Edit: Who know...ND may have an affinity towards giving Liberty a bowl game simply because both schools have been blackballed from joining conferences in the past because of religious discrimination. But then again, I suppose they could blackball us since they have nothing to gain with a win.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/fo ... p%20attest.
Last edited by LUDad on November 8th, 2022, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: November 8th, 2022, 1:42 pm Wouldn't be promoted that way but there is something to sell in a Catholic vs Baptist TV bowl match up. Also Big Boy vs. Upstart. Bet LU would provide a really good ticket guarantee from their side and practically give them to students and bus them down.
Only 25K seats. I hope we joined the flames club at a high enough level to get access to some tickets :lol:
By LUDad
TH Spangler wrote: November 8th, 2022, 3:11 pm
LUDad wrote: November 8th, 2022, 1:42 pm Wouldn't be promoted that way but there is something to sell in a Catholic vs Baptist TV bowl match up. Also Big Boy vs. Upstart. Bet LU would provide a really good ticket guarantee from their side and practically give them to students and bus them down.
Only 25K seats. I hope we joined the flames club at a high enough level to get access to some tickets :lol:
Is the match up possibility limited to this specific bowl?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]