Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Is LU planning to One Up the BYU Cookie tradition?
Seriously this needs to be an annual game. “The Most Polite Rivalry In College Football “
LUOrange, Just John, rtb72 liked this
By tyndal23
rtb72 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:27 pm We have to set up the run game. We have the backs to do it, but we can't wait on things to go sideways to put in Brewer in a game like this. Hopefully, TJ is healthy and with Dae Dae and Shedro...we can move the ball. I also WANT TO THINK and am HOPEFUL that HCHF has been intentionally vague both in comments and in on field plays thus far, and that he has put together one h*** of a game plan. I trust he knows how to win this game. That advantage is hard to quantify this season...but I think it exist and we will see it in less than 12 hours!
Would love to see some 2 back sets focused on misdirection / swing pass getting Shedro and Dae Dae on the edge and QB inside run call after fakes. TJ in a 1 back set when they need a breather. A series or two at least to throw them a curve ball. Excited to see what HF has planned first couple of drives.
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: October 21st, 2022, 10:07 pm Is LU planning to One Up the BYU Cookie tradition?
Seriously this needs to be an annual game. “The Most Polite Rivalry In College Football “
That ship sailed with the Independent Tyndal23 Plan rejection. Stop beating a dead horse Purple :) embrace CUSA and enjoy it.
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 11:49 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 21st, 2022, 10:07 pm Is LU planning to One Up the BYU Cookie tradition?
That ship sailed with the Independent Tyndal23 Plan rejection. Stop beating a dead horse Purple :) embrace CUSA and enjoy it.
That ship sailed when BYU joined a conference. It has nothing to do with us.
By Ill flame
rtb72 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 8:27 pm We have to set up the run game. We have the backs to do it, but we can't wait on things to go sideways to put in Brewer in a game like this. Hopefully, TJ is healthy and with Dae Dae and Shedro...we can move the ball. I also WANT TO THINK and am HOPEFUL that HCHF has been intentionally vague both in comments and in on field plays thus far, and that he has put together one h*** of a game plan. I trust he knows how to win this game. That advantage is hard to quantify this season...but I think it exist and we will see it in less than 12 hours!
This is easier said than done when BYU will very likely stack the box and force us to beat them through the air. If they don't do that I think it's time for them to get a new DC. HF knows that so I wouldn't be suprised if we start out with quick passes in space to open things up so we can establish a ground game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: October 21st, 2022, 11:59 pm
tyndal23 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 11:49 pm
That ship sailed when BYU joined a conference. It has nothing to do with us.
I don’t know if the ship was ever built. But it seems to be a natural rivalry that would benefit both schools
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 12:03 am
This is easier said than done when BYU will very likely stack the box and force us to beat them through the air. If they don't do that I think it's time for them to get a new DC. HF knows that so I wouldn't be suprised if we start out with quick passes in space to open things up so we can establish a ground game.
Their MO is dropping 8 and giving up a ton of rushing yards, much to the chagrin of their fans ( to cover up their lack of talent in secondary). Against LU they very well might “stack the box”. We will see. As for their offense, I love our D - period. If our O can’t get drives and has our D on the field all game like last week, so be it, but it won’t be our D that loses the game.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
The most excited I’ve been about a football game in memory was our first bowl game against GSU, last year against Army (it had been years since I was able to see LU in person), and today. I cannot wait for 3:30. This is huge and I’m stoked.
jmclaughlin liked this
By jmclaughlin
I cant understand the constant issues with getting healthy at WR! Yarborough, Snead, Lofton, Brumm are all out. Doesn’t matter who is at QB if there are no weapons to throw to. Seriously, it is crazy that this is the same issue every year. Is it the turf, training…what is going on?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 21st, 2022, 5:17 pm Love this quote "They're good offensively and great defensively ...... But we are BYU" ..... Freeze needs to spread that one around the locker room. :D
......... BUT WE ARE BYU

:lol:
Liberty22 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]