Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
Gasping at every G5 win for bowl eligible with 3rd string QB, rooting for all P5 and G5 wins to enhance our SOS while simultaneously rooting for future wins against BYU, Arkansas and VT for the memorable 2022 season, vs hoping we lose by 35 against all the P5 and P5 “ equivalent BYU” so I can sleep better about choice to join CUSA. Exhausting and confusing....
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
You'll be okay.
Ill flame, Kricket, Humble_Opinion and 2 others liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Would be surprised if McCall isn't a Flame in '23. Low risk high reward for McCall w/prospective draft positioning. In fact, it would appear to be ideal to a certain degree.

Should be able to keep Salter because he will benefit w/year under McCall who has mastered the finer intricacies of Chadwell's spread offense. JB as well.

Brown appears to be looking elsewhere.
By Tnobes
Can we stop with the stop gap quarterbacks every year? Start salter and develop him.
LUOrange, badger74 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Not a stopgap. But conversely, ultimate system mentor from future NFL prospect. Let's wait and see if and what materializes. Evaluations are ongoing. Several possibilities on table.
By Stoic the vast
So, as I stated above, this is in several ways not on topic.

There is an organization that many know called "Barstool Sports". I was surfing social media today and saw where they've done a survey of who has the best Tailgate, by state. For Virginia, it's VT.

I realize that for conference affiliation we need eyes on TV Sets, the conferences get money from advertisers for the number of potential watchers on a given gameday. We need Flames, old and new to watch our games.

For bowl invitations we need butts in seats, the Bowls want people who will travel and bring their money with them to the site...and still have eyes in front of the TV.

Being recognized as having the best Tailgate for the state is actually an important thing...I've been to ballgames where I wasn't cheering for either team, but both were cordial and invited me to partake of their Tailgating. Great food and a great atmosphere will bring people to our Stadium (which elevates our status with others). A poor atmosphere will do the opposite.

Just two cents that I'm throwing out. Be a light in that vast darkness.

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
List loses legitimacy with me once I see that green.

But your point is a good one, and I think you’d get the same reception at Williams Stadium.
By Ill flame
I was suprised to see northwestern on the map. Their 30 fans must go big. I'm also curious how they settled on Alaska- anchorage. Neither team in Alaska has football and they certainly aren't tailgating in the winter for hockey.
JK37, ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 12th, 2022, 7:19 am List RAISES legitimacy with me once I see that GREEN in the Mountain State, and the only state that says "Mountaineers" is in Boone, NC.
FIFY (and Purple) :rofl
rtb72 liked this
By CCWMichael
Even better,

If we are conference leaders at the end of the year we will have EIGHT home games next year hosting the conference championship game ... Tailgating on a whole new level :football :football :football
LUOrange liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Significant buzz going on surrounding Chad Powers. Recent Penn State de-commit. Spotted w/Ian & Jenn this afternoon on steps of DeMoss. Powers is perhaps the greatest QB prospect ever.
LUOrange, alabama24 liked this
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
Stop! We are eager for commitment news and you through Eli Manning in the mix! You should be ashamed yourself!
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
What was the reasoning to stop future OOC games against P5 opponents?? Or did I imagine that?
By Ill flame
badger74 wrote: December 24th, 2022, 11:48 am What was the reasoning to stop future OOC games against P5 opponents?? Or did I imagine that?
We had to get rid of a ton of games and the P5 opponents were wanting to cancel the games. We weren't in a position to be picky about what games to cancel unfortunately.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: December 24th, 2022, 11:48 am What was the reasoning to stop future OOC games against P5 opponents?? Or did I imagine that?
60% was the fact those P5’s didn’t want to LU anymore
20% was LU needed to rearrange their schedule
20% was LU’s former HFC didn’t want to play P5’s as much
flamehunter, LUOrange, badger74 and 1 others liked this
By tyndal23
There was a random tweet from a fan about LU and Miami scheduling a 2 game series. I paid it no mind, but being the G5 hater that I am and despising our Non Con Schedules for next 4 years - I happened to notice according to FBS Schedules - Miami only has 11 games scheduled for 23. Does anyone have insight - are we possibly working a deal to add a P5 for as early as 2023? Hopefully booting The Fighting UMass Him/Hers ? ( they have 5 home games and a Neutral with UConn - they might be up for eliminating a road game and scheduling an FCS. We have 7 home games - absolutely no need for us to have 7.
By LU 57
tyndal23 wrote: December 30th, 2022, 1:04 am There was a random tweet from a fan about LU and Miami scheduling a 2 game series. I paid it no mind, but being the G5 hater that I am and despising our Non Con Schedules for next 4 years - I happened to notice according to FBS Schedules - Miami only has 11 games scheduled for 23. Does anyone have insight - are we possibly working a deal to add a P5 for as early as 2023? Hopefully booting The Fighting UMass Him/Hers ? ( they have 5 home games and a Neutral with UConn - they might be up for eliminating a road game and scheduling an FCS. We have 7 home games - absolutely no need for us to have 7.
Interesting. Would definitely be a meaningful uptick to an otherwise tepid schedule. Hope that rumor is true.
Liberty22 liked this
By Ill flame
Looks like Miami needs a home game in 2023, a road game in 2025 and probably another OOC home game in 2027. Based on recent schedules, they don't mind doing 2 for 1s with G5s so it seems to be a good match. It would be nice to make that happen but I'm not getting my hopes up.
By LUOrange
I hope we can pull this off. Our schedules stink right now, the small upside id the 7 hone games and no FCS team, especially with this CUSA mid-week crap
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach tells me that his sources say that LU has signed our second Power 5 running back today from Arkansas (just kidding--Purple told me. I have to give credit where credit is due).
:fineprint

https://www.aseaofred.com/arkansas-rb-j ... o-liberty/
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Nice pick up. Size and speed and 4 years of eligibility.
By Ill flame
A highly rated 3 star running back with 4 years of eligibility is nice to see for sure. Im sure he'll get plenty of snaps as the 3rd stringer and then take over as one of the main backs in 2024 and beyond. We still have a few more holes to plug but so far I'm liking the recruiting from chadwell.
LUOrange, AATL liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:33 pm We still have a few more holes to plug but so far I'm liking the recruiting from chadwell.
Chadwell says he wants a QB. It will be really interesting to see who he lands out of the portal. :shock:
By Tnobes
Ill flame wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:33 pm A highly rated 3 star running back with 4 years of eligibility is nice to see for sure. Im sure he'll get plenty of snaps as the 3rd stringer and then take over as one of the main backs in 2024 and beyond. We still have a few more holes to plug but so far I'm liking the recruiting from chadwell.
This Arkansas kid or the wake Forrest kid will take the carries that dae dae had with shedro keeping his same role
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]