Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 31st, 2022, 9:19 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:33 pm A highly rated 3 star running back with 4 years of eligibility is nice to see for sure. Im sure he'll get plenty of snaps as the 3
rd stringer and then take over as one of the main backs in 2024 and beyond. We still have a few more holes to plug but so far I'm liking the recruiting from chadwell.
This Arkansas kid or the wake Forrest kid will take the carries that dae dae had with shedro keeping his same role
More than likely they'll get the majority of snaps. Shedro (5'7" 170) was recruited as a returner/WR and was plugged into RB due to lack of depth and Malik Caper was recruited as a LB and was also pugged into RB for same reason. We now have 2 legitimate and talented RBs.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Liberty_2023
Idk where to say this but:

2004 - was TCU’s last season in CUSA
2022 - now TCU is playing for a national title

Excited for the step we are taking next year. Who knows where we will be in 18 years.
Liberty22 liked this
By Ill flame
Liberty_2023 wrote: December 31st, 2022, 9:43 pm Idk where to say this but:

Excited for the step we are taking next year. Who knows where we will be in 18 years.
I was thinking the same thing. They were in the mountain west as recently as 2011. Utah has also been flirting with the CFP lately and they were in the MWC in 2010. We are not TCU or Utah but it's nice to take a step back and recognize those success stories. There's no telling where we could end up.
By jmclaughlin
Chippy wrote: December 31st, 2022, 9:32 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:33 pm A highly rated 3 star running back with 4 years of eligibility is nice to see for sure. Im sure he'll get plenty of snaps as the 3
rd stringer and then take over as one of the main backs in 2024 and beyond. We still have a few more holes to plug but so far I'm liking the recruiting from chadwell.
This Arkansas kid or the wake Forrest kid will take the carries that dae dae had with shedro keeping his same role
More than likely they'll get the majority of snaps. Shedro (5'7" 170) was recruited as a returner/WR and was plugged into RB due to lack of depth and Malik Caper was recruited as a LB and was also pugged into RB for same reason. We now have 2 legitimate and talented RBs.
The Hog transfer, Jointner will be a huge get! An all-purpose back that we have not had.
Last edited by jmclaughlin on December 31st, 2022, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cruzan_flame13
Ill flame wrote: December 31st, 2022, 10:20 pm
Liberty_2023 wrote: December 31st, 2022, 9:43 pm Idk where to say this but:

I was thinking the same thing. They were in the mountain west as recently as 2011. Utah has also been flirting with the CFP lately and they were in the MWC in 2010. We are not TCU or Utah but it's nice to take a step back and recognize those success stories. There's no telling where we could end up.
If the ACC continue going downhill (compared to the other conferences) and we dominate and make the playoffs 1-3 times in the next 5-8 years, we would likely have leverage to make a point of P5 material. TCU is in their position because a coaching gem that placed them into the position that they're in right now. Freeze created the spark and I hope Chadwell will be the Patterson of LU. Honestly, I hope McCall will still be around and stay in relation with the Big XII. I eouldnt want is to be in the ACC with their rediculous egos. Lets go dominate CUSA Lord willing 8)
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Jointer & Cooley will take the carries that dae dae had with shedro keeping his same role
FIFY
Cider Jim liked this
By Tnobes
SumItUp wrote: January 1st, 2023, 2:01 am
Jointer & Cooley will take the carries that dae dae had with shedro keeping his same role
FIFY
That's what I said. And yes, I know their names.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is 2023 and we still don't have a football schedule for the fall from the league office. I get that the Kennesaw announcement probably slowed things down. But come on, man. I am trying to give Judy Jeep the benefit of the doubt.
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 10:33 am It is 2023 and we still don't have a football schedule for the fall from the league office. I get that the Kennesaw announcement probably slowed things down. But come on, man. I am trying to give Judy Jeep the benefit of the doubt.
Apparently, the ASUN and WAC have left Kenny St. hanging for a football schedule this fall for their Year 1/last FCS season transition. Maybe CUSA is considering doing for them what the SBC did for the Dookies to the north of us.
Last edited by LUOrange on January 3rd, 2023, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 6:11 pm Personally I wish KSU had not joined CUSA.
If it was up to you teams would still be utilizing the Flying Wedge formation, the field would be laid out in grids and the forward pass would be illegal.
LUOrange, rtb72 liked this
By BlueBlood
For those curious:

In 2021, C-USA announced the schedule on Jan 27.
In 2020, C-USA announced the schedule on Jan 8.
In 2019, C-USA announced the schedule on Jan 10.
In 2018, C-USA announced the schedule on Jan 23.
In 2017, C-USA announced the schedule on Jan 26.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Let the record show two things:

• I am an impatient man who likes to schedule travel well in advance.
  • I actually miss knowing exactly who we would be playing years in advance on specific dates under our Indy experience.
ballcoach15, LU 57, CCWMichael and 2 others liked this
By BlueBlood
I'd love to see them release the conference schedule Monday so that maybe it sneaks into the hours and hours of pre- Championship Game coverage ESPN will have. Maybe a reference to next year's expanded playoff plays into a brief G5 discussion? Who is next year's Tulane? That leads Rece Davis to look at everybody and say "just so you know, C-USA released their conference schedule today. Could we be seeing Liberty in the CFP next year?"
By Ill flame
I get a feeling ill be moving to Fort bliss in the summer so there's a good chance I'll be able to catch a game against utep or NMSU next fall. I'm curious if we will have to travel that direction every year or if the league is going to mitigate it somehow.
By LUOrange
Ill flame wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 1:04 pm I get a feeling ill be moving to Fort bliss in the summer so there's a good chance I'll be able to catch a game against utep or NMSU next fall. I'm curious if we will have to travel that direction every year or if the league is going to mitigate it somehow.
I think it's a safe bet for now, that we'll be visiting El Paso or Las Cruces every year. Probably won't change until the conference gets to 12, more, or merges with the ASUN & WAC as one rumor on the CNSBBS board speculated about, or something else happens in realignment.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If CSUA schedules like ASUN, we'll be making the voyage to New Mexico/EL Paso every season, but hopefully CUSA will not "have it out for LU" like the ASUN does, and have more common sense pertaining to scheduling.
LUOrange liked this
By CCWMichael
Sly Fox wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 11:29 am Let the record show two things:

• I am an impatient man who likes to schedule travel well in advance.
  • I actually miss knowing exactly who we would be playing years in advance on specific dates under our Indy experience.
All in on bullet point 1
point 2 was an excellent bonus
Sly Fox liked this
By Liberty_2023
I think the new running clock rule will be helpful for our style of offense.
By Ill flame
Honestly im just happy cfb games won't be as long. I always find it funny when people say baseball is boring but have no issues with 4 hour cfb games. I love the sport but its gotten to the point where I record the first hour of a game while doing something else and skip commercials.
By AATL
Ill flame wrote: April 25th, 2023, 12:12 pm Honestly im just happy cfb games won't be as long. I always find it funny when people say baseball is boring but have no issues with 4 hour cfb games. I love the sport but its gotten to the point where I record the first hour of a game while doing something else and skip commercials.
Spoken like a true B10 fan bracing for "$7 Billion-media-rights-deal" worth of commercials and advertising :wink:
By Ill flame
I have mixed feelings about it. It'll be nice to only need an antenna to get all of the top B1G games and maybe the top SEC of the week if its not on ESPN but broadcast channels seem to be the worst when it comes to commercials alongside ESPN. FS1 and BTN seems to have less commercials overall but maybe that's just because I only watch Illinois on those channels and they love to milk the clock on offense.
By Ill flame
This doesn't really fit into a thread but there's a person on reddit that developed an algorithm to rank every team by how much success they've had at the FBS level over the last 40 years. Every day he does a writeup for each team starting at 131 and working their way down. Liberty ended up being ranked 101, obviously held back by our lack of longevity. I figured some of you would find it interesting, the writeups for each team have been pretty good considering its just a random guy with too much time on his hands.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/1 ... are_button

Here's some other notable rankings so far:
102: CCU
103: MTSU
106: Vandy
110: JMU
116: ODU
123: Charlotte
131: UMASS
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/1 ... are_button
Baybird liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President