Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: October 9th, 2022, 4:07 pm Technically whoever is closest to number of points scored by Liberty is the best guess. Points allowed by LU is always scary because 3 and 4th string players could be in game in 4th quarter
That works both ways though. We scored points late against their backups and vice versa.
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: October 9th, 2022, 3:50 pm
rtb72 wrote: October 9th, 2022, 11:29 am LU 42 - UMass 24

JK: 45(3) - 14(10)

Racenut: 38(4) - 14 (10)

The reason I majored in CJ and Psychology is so I wouldn't have to do a whole lot of math :D . Although...statistics just about killed me. However, I don't see how the above could not be most applicable to a score prediction thread. Looks like to me JK won the day by 1 point margin on score prediction difference.
So by your reasoning, someone who guessed 39-34 would have tied with JK. Or 32 - 27 would have tied. You have to give some credit for getting a better guess for the margin of victory. IMHO
Yes...closest to the score. I could be closest in margin of victory and be way off from being close to final score. As for margin of victory...congrats to whoever achieved that. When someone does a margin of victory thread for score versus a prediction thread for score, by all means, roll with it....

There is no need in this being over complicated. Closest to the score (including choice of correct winner). You can give congeniality awards, best dressed, most likely to succeed....whatever, I don't care! Just trying to keep this somewhat simple and fun ( or what should have been till some started trying to arrange "what ifs".

IMO...JK won because he was closest to the actual score. You want to make an appeal...fine. Don't know or care who that goes too. Want to do another thread for your own prediction thread with precursors...fine...don't care.

Some of you took something that I thought was fun and made it into some BS mathematics exercise and debate. I look forward to whoever moves forward with it and wish them patience in dealing with some folks.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 9th, 2022, 9:43 pm
rtb72 wrote: October 9th, 2022, 11:29 am LU 42 - UMass 24

JK: 45(3) - 14(10)

Racenut: 38(4) - 14 (10)

The reason I majored in CJ and Psychology is so I wouldn't have to do a whole lot of math :D . Although...statistics just about killed me. However, I don't see how the above could not be most applicable to a score prediction thread. Looks like to me JK won the day by 1 point margin on score prediction difference.
So by your reasoning, someone who guessed 39-34 would have tied with JK. Or 32 - 27 would have tied. You have to give some credit for getting a better guess for the margin of victory. IMHO
Yes...closest to the score. I could be closest in margin of victory and be way off from being close to final score. As for margin of victory...congrats to whoever achieved that. When someone does a margin of victory thread for score versus a prediction thread for score, by all means, roll with it....

There is no need in this being over complicated. Closest to the score (including choice of correct winner). You can give congeniality awards, best dressed, most likely to succeed....whatever, I don't care! Just trying to keep this somewhat simple and fun ( or what should have been till some started trying to arrange "what ifs".

IMO...JK won because he was closest to the actual score. You want to make an appeal...fine. Don't know or care who that goes too. Want to do another thread for your own prediction thread with precursors...fine...don't care.

Some of you took something that I thought was fun and made it into some BS mathematics exercise and debate. I look forward to whoever moves forward with it and wish them patience in dealing with some folks.
Way to overreact. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are absolutley right that this is for fun. Sorry for bringing additon and subtraction to it in trying to figure out who won. My analytical mind likes to figure out who really was closest to the actual score. Sorry for upsetting your day. I'll leave the analysis to you all from here on out.
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: October 10th, 2022, 6:49 am
rtb72 wrote: October 9th, 2022, 9:43 pm

Way to overreact. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are absolutley right that this is for fun. Sorry for bringing additon and subtraction to it in trying to figure out who won. My analytical mind likes to figure out who really was closest to the actual score. Sorry for upsetting your day. I'll leave the analysis to you all from here on out.
Know what.....you're right. I did. After looking at my comments again, I should have stifled it a bit. My apologies. There seems to be ongoing issues with who won and frankly, I just like to keep things simple. As for the added commentary, I can do addition and subtraction as well, but can do without the patronizing comment. I tried the prediction thread and it appears there are ongoing issues with who won, because of margins of era, etc. My logical mind simply says whoever is closest to the score wins. You can make numbers skew a lot of ways depending on the lens, and considering margins of era do not necessarily mean closest to the score, as I've already suggested in previous comments. I concede, I'm not a math person, thus probably not as qualified to do this thread as it appears "closest to the score" can be viewed in a multitude of ways.
flamehunter liked this
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully most of these comments on this thread are tongue in cheek. It's certainly been nice to come on a message board that is so much different from the opposing teams foul mouth offerings during game weeks. I respectfully withdraw my vote for myself this week and defer to the elder statesmen.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
My apologies as well - I did not mean to come across as patronizing but I probably did it anyway. I analyze data all the time at my job, comparing test results from different variations of products and try to use the data to make viable conclusions about the outcomes. To me it seems reasonable to "overanalyze" things like I did here. So, recognizing the huge prizes at stake here for the weekly winner (sarcasm) I will no longer offer my unsolicited services to help determine a winner. Unless of course I'm asked to and wired a large cash fee ahead of performing said services. Let's all have fun doing this and don't let me throw a wet blanket on any of it please. Life's too short.
rtb72 liked this
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: October 10th, 2022, 12:23 pm My apologies as well - I did not mean to come across as patronizing but I probably did it anyway. I analyze data all the time at my job, comparing test results from different variations of products and try to use the data to make viable conclusions about the outcomes. To me it seems reasonable to "overanalyze" things like I did here. So, recognizing the huge prizes at stake here for the weekly winner (sarcasm) I will no longer offer my unsolicited services to help determine a winner. Unless of course I'm asked to and wired a large cash fee ahead of performing said services. Let's all have fun doing this and don't let me throw a wet blanket on any of it please. Life's too short.
No worries. I was being a jack wagon, and acknowledge I have that flaw sometime. By all means, comment and add your input. There are times where a suggestion to who won (or so i thought) was provided and then there was commentary about why that person didn't win because of this or that....and on and on.... Guess I let it tip me a bit.

My fault for reading it once and then typing and posting before removing emotional inferences. I know better. I'm still working on being less of a jack*&%...obviously not cured yet :D
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You people don’t even know how to gamble correctly! How can you expect LU to be a legitimate D1 FBS school if the fans don’t know how to gamble. Pitiful. All of you 8)
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Just give the win to JK every week. He’s always right. If the score he predicts isn’t closest, that’s just the teams’ fault for playing the game wrong.
aredd33 liked this
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: October 10th, 2022, 7:45 pm You people don’t even know how to gamble correctly! How can you expect LU to be a legitimate D1 FBS school if the fans don’t know how to gamble. Pitiful. All of you 8)
Hence, the reason I don't gamble.
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: October 11th, 2022, 12:21 pm I think we leave up to the most objective and impartial poster on the board. :lol:
Ballcoach, what do you say?
This is a GREAT IDEA! I know PH will be a huge proponent of this new development! Going forward, I vote we let BC finalize all prediction results to disclose the winner for that week! :D :D :D
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: October 11th, 2022, 2:21 pm
flamehunter wrote: October 11th, 2022, 12:21 pm I think we leave up to the most objective and impartial poster on the board. :lol:
Ballcoach, what do you say?
I am now totally confused as to how winner is determined.
Need your final decision, BC. Week 6?

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]