Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Looked like they outplayed us for 2/3 of the game but penalties killed them and took the wind out their sails. We need a QB to step up and take control.
rtb72, Dalegarz1 liked this
By tyndal23
Defense looked flat footed and tired, but still salty. We caught every break imaginable with the worst scheme on O and D in history of HF staff. We dodged a bullet. GW is no gimme after watching this ( unless same ref crew )
rtb72 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Salter made every bad read and throw he could. JB did fine. For a team as successful as we have been, still have some glaring holes. Dae Dae is great when he can get a step or two before contact, like tonight. Need a kicker, punter, and QB. Anyone know when Brewer might be back in the mix?

Also, what needs to happen for us to claim the commonwealth title? Beat VT and VT beats UVA? Or just beat VT and claim it anyway?
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:36 pm Looked like they outplayed us for 2/3 of the game but penalties killed them and took the wind out their sails. We need a QB to step up and take control.
Kudos to their coaching staff....very well prepared for LU. We also need a kicker.
Touchdownmaker liked this
By rtb72
stokesjokes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:40 pm Salter made every bad read and throw he could. JB did fine. For a team as successful as we have been, still have some glaring holes. Dae Dae is great when he can get a step or two before contact, like tonight. Need a kicker, punter, and QB. Anyone know when Brewer might be back in the mix?

Also, what needs to happen for us to claim the commonwealth title? Beat VT and VT beats UVA? Or just beat VT and claim it anyway?
Based on tonight's performance....we could not beat JMU. :(
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:44 pm
stokesjokes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:40 pm Salter made every bad read and throw he could. JB did fine. For a team as successful as we have been, still have some glaring holes. Dae Dae is great when he can get a step or two before contact, like tonight. Need a kicker, punter, and QB. Anyone know when Brewer might be back in the mix?

Yeah, but we don’t play them :lol:

Also, we won the last matchup, so it still counts
LUOrange liked this
By BlueBlood
Does anybody remember if UMASS also has awful announcers/cameras/production?

After away games at Southern Miss and ODU, I feel like we have suffered enough this year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU should be Bowl eligible by the time BYU rolls in
LUOrange liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:42 pm Does anybody remember if UMASS also has awful announcers/cameras/production?

After away games at Southern Miss and ODU, I feel like we have suffered enough this year.
I’d be surprised if UMASS even has announcers
By LUOrange
BlueBlood wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:42 pm Does anybody remember if UMASS also has awful announcers/cameras/production?

You can count on it in a Boston accent on "pRiDe DaY."
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:49 pm

I’d be surprised if UMASS even has announcers
It's Borat and Azamat.
stokesjokes liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Good teams find ways to win. Our O-Line continued to grow more dominant as the game went on as well as the d-line. ODU had only given up 10 sacks coming into this game and we sacked the QB 4 times. Furthermore, to switch QB's as much as we have and still grind out these wins is a testament to Kent Austin & HCHF and their ability to get these guys into the mindset of next man up.

I am so excited for the rest of this season as we have yet to play our best game by far and I think when it comes and things click for the offense that BYU, & Tech could be wins for us. A 10 win season is not farfetched for this group. Plus Brewer coming back by the BYU game could be very and I mean very advantageous for the final stretch.
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:36 am Good teams find ways to win. Our O-Line continued to grow more dominant as the game went on as well as the d-line. ODU had only given up 10 sacks coming into this game and we sacked the QB 4 times. Furthermore, to switch QB's as much as we have and still grind out these wins is a testament to Kent Austin & HCHF and their ability to get these guys into the mindset of next man up.

I am so excited for the rest of this season as we have yet to play our best game by far and I think when it comes and things click for the offense that BYU, & Tech could be wins for us. A 10 win season is not farfetched for this group. Plus Brewer coming back by the BYU game could be very and I mean very advantageous for the final stretch.
True. A lot of teams go 1-3 or 0-4.in our situation. This week, we had a lot of help from “up above” , but not much had to do with coaching or injury “excuses” we caught all the breaks - that can’t last long - do we improve or go backwards next 2 weeks against inferior competition. - that will be all on coaches. I saw a head coach calling plays for what he “wanted his team to be tonight” , but not calling plays for what it needed to win. I love Hugh, but he got in his own way tonight and got bailed out by a lot of luck...and I believe him when he said team practiced great - but after 10 passes you have to know when your QB is off. I firmly believe Salter should have a designed run call first play ,of every game to get himself “settled”. If he loses yards, run it agsin, then agsin..after that - RPO.
By Ill flame
Unfortunately Salter got hurt again and I imagine we will sit him another game to make sure he's 100% for the big games later in the season. I think it's important to give credit where it's due, Bennett came in and did exactly what we needed from him. 7/9 98 yards 1 TD and most importantly no turnovers is a respectable stat line. I was hoping to get "game manager" Bennett all season like we just saw (minus the sacks). Someone who would minimize negative plays and turnovers and get the ball to the playmakers without doing anything flashy.

The first half we saw the typical all or nothing Salter offense. 3 TDs, 2 turnovers and 3 "three and out" drives. Meanwhile in the second half led by bennett we only had to punt once and it was downed at the one yard line. Every other drive ended in points or a missed field goal FROM THE ONE YARD LINE! While I give 90% of the credit to our running backs and offensive line for our second half success moving the ball, I hope to see Bennett play this well moving forward and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that much. That's all it would take for us to end the season with 8+ wins.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:45 am Unfortunately Salter got hurt again and I imagine we will sit him another game to make sure he's 100% for the big games later in the season. I think it's important to give credit where it's due, Bennett came in and did exactly what we needed from him. 7/9 98 yards 1 TD and most importantly no turnovers is a respectable stat line. I was hoping to get "game manager" Bennett all season like we just saw (minus the sacks). Someone who would minimize negative plays and turnovers and get the ball to the playmakers without doing anything flashy.

The first half we saw the typical all or nothing Salter offense. 3 TDs, 2 turnovers and 3 "three and out" drives. Meanwhile in the second half led by bennett we only had to punt once and it was downed at the one yard line. Every other drive ended in points or a missed field goal FROM THE ONE YARD LINE! While I give 90% of the credit to our running backs and offensive line for our second half success moving the ball, I hope to see Bennett play this well moving forward and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that much. That's all it would take for us to end the season with 8+ wins.
Bennett isn’t flashy but he gets it done. Salter has a higher ceiling but a lower floor as well. That will hopefully tighten up with more practice and tie in the film room. The looming question is what happens when Brewer comes back. If he’s ready by BYU do you go with him? Do you play Salter the next 2 weeks to give him reps? Does playing Salter the next 2 games give Salter a false sense of progress?
Answering these questions is why Freeze makes the big bucks
By jmclaughlin
Few thoughts:
LU didn’t play well and still came away with W against a quality team.

This was the first game in a while where you could argue we were out coached. ODU had a scheme and stayed with it.

Wolff can spin it. He made some great throws into some tight windows. He also is 100% vested in the game plan. By contrast Salter is undisciplined in all aspects.

Rotations hurt us. Too many receivers, too many QBs. Rotation seems to work for our D and pays off in the 4th quarter. It has the opposite effect with skill position's.

We are spoiled as a fan base. Most of the challenges on the field yesterday would bury a program that is 4 years into FBS. We find a way to win ugly.

How good is LFSN! We are ahead of 98% of other production teams and entertainment value. ODU should be embarrassed.

We are 4-1!
Kricket, Liberty22, Stoic the vast and 2 others liked this
By willflop
Purple Haize wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:49 am
Ill flame wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:45 am Unfortunately Salter got hurt again and I imagine we will sit him another game to make sure he's 100% for the big games later in the season. I think it's important to give credit where it's due, Bennett came in and did exactly what we needed from him. 7/9 98 yards 1 TD and most importantly no turnovers is a respectable stat line. I was hoping to get "game manager" Bennett all season like we just saw (minus the sacks). Someone who would minimize negative plays and turnovers and get the ball to the playmakers without doing anything flashy.

Bennett isn’t flashy but he gets it done. Salter has a higher ceiling but a lower floor as well. That will hopefully tighten up with more practice and tie in the film room. The looming question is what happens when Brewer comes back. If he’s ready by BYU do you go with him? Do you play Salter the next 2 weeks to give him reps? Does playing Salter the next 2 games give Salter a false sense of progress?
Answering these questions is why Freeze makes the big bucks
Yes, and left handed if needed.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:44 pm

It since they refuse to play us, we win by forfeit!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]