Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Akron
Akron, Ohio

Akron Football Official Site

Joe Moorhead
1st Season as Akron Head Coach

2022 Schedule/Results

Sep 01 - St. Francis (PA) .......................... W 30-23 in OT
Sep 10 - @ Michigan State ...................... L 52-0
Sep 17 - @ Tennessee ............................ L 63-6
Sep 24 - @ Liberty
Oct 01 - Bowling Green
Oct 08 - @ Ohio
Oct 15 - Central Michigan
Oct 22 - @ Kent State
Oct 29 - Miami (OH)
Nov 08 - Eastern Michigan
Nov 19 - @ Buffalo
Nov 26 - @ NIU

Key Players

#0 D.J. Irons
6' 6" 205 lbs Junior Quarterback
Thru 3 Games: 63-of-94 (67%) for 650 with 2 TDs & 0 INTs + 28 carries for 48 Yards

#1 Cam Wiley
6' 2" 200 lbs Sophomore Running Back
Thru 3 Games: 38 Carries for 118 Yards with 2 TDs + 11 Catches for 50 Yards

#18 Shocky Jacques-Louis
6' 0" 180 lbs Senior Receiver
Thru 3 Games: 20 Catches for 256 Yards (12.8 YPC) with 1 TD

#27 Bubba Arslanian
5' 10" 220 lbs Senior Linebacker
Thru 3 Games: 27 Tackles including 1 for Loss

#29 Jalen Hooks
6' 2" 195 lbs Senior Cornerback
Thru 3 Games: 10 Tackles + 1 INT
By Tnobes
Their coach is hard to read, he was very good as penn state's offensive coordinator but not so good as Mississippi State's head coach but I don't think he's a slouch, he has experience at big programs but I think Liberty has the edge in talent and coaching overall
By LibertyD
Akron??? Is it too late to swap this game out??? 😆can’t with this one. WHY? I think I will pass on this game! Good time to get some yard work done.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
With Salter out, do we start JB or Hampton at QB? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If Salter is out, Bennett starts, but I think Hampton be in game in 2nd quarter, maybe 1st quarter.
By LUOrange
I'd say JB starts, but I'd expect Hampton to get decent PT. Especially, if JB isn't any better than he's been vs. USM and Wake.

Manson's reporting that we only have 2 scholarship QB's available. I thought Sean Brown was on a scholarship. Am I wrong? Did he transfer? Lose it?
CCWMichael liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I would rather start Hampton... I'm sorry - Bennett had his chance (twice) and blew it for me.
LUOrange, Liberty22 liked this
By Ill flame
Bennett will do well enough to give us a comfortable lead and we can see what Hampton is capable of. As long as we come away from this game with a easy win with our starters healthy I don't care who starts at qb.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Based on the Wake game, I have much more faith in our O-Line's ability to dominate the Zips. We should be able to run well. But I am anxious to see what Nate is able to accomplish throwing the ball.
Dalegarz1 liked this
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
LUOrange wrote: September 21st, 2022, 8:54 pm I'd say JB starts, but I'd expect Hampton to get decent PT. Especially, if JB isn't any better than he's been vs. USM and Wake.

Manson's reporting that we only have 2 scholarship QB's available. I thought Sean Brown was on a scholarship. Am I wrong? Did he transfer? Lose it?
Brown is still on the roster but is injured and hasn't practiced at all since the opening of training camp. He has never been asked about because he was, at best, 5th string. But maybe now we should ask about him haha.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
A Sea of Red wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 8:05 am
LUOrange wrote: September 21st, 2022, 8:54 pm I'd say JB starts, but I'd expect Hampton to get decent PT. Especially, if JB isn't any better than he's been vs. USM and Wake.

Brown is still on the roster but is injured and hasn't practiced at all since the opening of training camp. He has never been asked about because he was, at best, 5th string. But maybe now we should ask about him haha.
LOL. When it rains, it pours. Poor kids.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
    Ill flame wrote: September 21st, 2022, 11:20 pm Bennett will do well enough to give us a comfortable lead and we can see what Hampton is capable of. As long as we come away from this game with a easy win with our starters healthy I don't care who starts at qb.
    Really? In what amounts to maybe 7 or 8 possessions total in the year, JB is completing just 33.3% of his passes (7 / 21) with 0 TDs and 3 INTs. We know Akron isn't great, but even the worst FBS teams can challenge you if you can't move the ball, or worse turn the ball over too much. I'm sure JB is a great kid - he fits the bill there for sure. I'm not sure he gives us the best chance to win. We need to run the ball effectively and find a way to get #3 involved without turning it over. We do that and we can win relatively easy. I say give Hampton the start and see what he can do, since we have already seen JB this year...
    By aredd33
    Registration Days Posts
    What about Scruggs…do we know his status?
    By willflop
    My guess is JB starts. At this point, Freeze has turned to him every time over Hampton. If its close between the two, even if Hampton has more long term upside, it wouldn't surprise if Freeze gave JB at least one home start in his career, maybe from a sense of loyalty that he deservers at least that. But, I do imagine it will be a very short lived and the need to win will take over quickly if the game goes awry. I say this really wanting to see what Hampton can do and hoping he's ready enough to get the start.
    By Purple Haize
    Registration Days Posts
    ballcoach15 wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 2:57 pm Is there a Prediction Thread for the Akron game ?
    Maybe be proactive and start one
    ballcoach15 liked this
    By ballcoach15
    Registration Days Posts
    Purple Haize wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 3:31 pm
    ballcoach15 wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 2:57 pm Is there a Prediction Thread for the Akron game ?
    I considered that, but if I did, I doubt if anyone would make a prediction .
    By Purple Haize
    Registration Days Posts
    ballcoach15 wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 3:41 pm
    Purple Haize wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 3:31 pm
    I considered that, but if I did, I doubt if anyone would make a prediction .
    Winners don’t make excuses. Nor care what others think of their endeavors!
    By LibertyD
    Dejus Thrist…with Salter out Zips may make it competitive. I guess I’ll watch this one after all 😳. I hope JB can carry the load!
    Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]