Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rtb72
Looking forward to the short drive over to Winston Salem for what I hope to be a game we compete in. Lots of questions around our QB position and how we'll perform at this level. Looks like LU will have a very respectable showing of fans for this one. Personally, I think the WF offense is just more than we can overcome, and we have struggled to put points on the board.

LU 24
WF 41

Tie Breaker: Passing yards allowed by LU

-----------------------------------------------STANDINGS------------------------------------------
Week 1 - Chippy
Week 2 - Racenut
By jmclaughlin
38-24 Wake
331 yards in the air for Wake

Just too many weapons on O for WF and Hartman will be the ultimate difference. I do see us moving the ball consistently and keeping it in reach. Clemson, lurking for WF, helps our chances.
By Tnobes
We are better than VMI and Vanderbilt so it should be closer than wake's previous games. Our d line is deep and good and should keep us in the game. I think we keep the game respectable at the very least
LUOrange liked this
By willflop
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:58 pm As good as everyone says Sam is he still completed less than 60% of his passes the last 2 years and he threw 14 picks last year.

WF - 34

LU - 26

WF passing yards 295.
Funny you bring that up, that caught my eye yesterday. He was 58.9% last year, during their 11-3 campaign, with 8.3 yard average. Not sure that gives me any more confidence going into the game, but he's a lot closer to Buckshot stats over Bryce Young (66.9% / 8.9 avg).
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:58 pm As good as everyone says Sam is he still completed less than 60% of his passes the last 2 years and he threw 14 picks last year.
On something like 38 TD’s! He’s good.

LU-27
Wake-38

349 Yards
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 16th, 2022, 11:31 am
On something like 38 TD’s! He’s good.

LU-27
Wake-38

349 Yards
I agree with you that he is good, but I would consider Matt Corral better within his college career and we did decent against him last year. Corral completed 70% of his passes his sophomore year and then 67% of his passes last year. My point was Sam Hartmen isn't the kind of QB that makes me say wow, there is no way we can keep him check.
JK37 liked this
By jamesda3asu
Registration Days Posts

WF - 34

LU - 26

WF passing yards 295.
7 of those Picks were against Clemson and trying to do too much against Pitt in the ACC championship game.
By rtb72
LUDad wrote: September 16th, 2022, 7:16 pm LU 35
WF 31
305 yds
Good job LU Dad! Wish it had been in reverse on the scoreboard....but proud of our kids! Good call on score....mighty close!
alabama24 liked this
By Tnobes
And you can't predict your team to lose and say "hope I'm wrong". That's like saying "I think your marriage is going to fail.... Hope I'm wrong"
JK37 liked this
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: September 18th, 2022, 8:15 am You can't win if you predict the incorrect winner.
Didn't read the rule book I guess; I assumed it was closest to score. If that's the rule then....it looks like JK37 won it. Great job!
Last edited by rtb72 on September 18th, 2022, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By rtb72
Tnobes wrote: September 18th, 2022, 10:11 am And you can't predict your team to lose and say "hope I'm wrong". That's like saying "I think your marriage is going to fail.... Hope I'm wrong"
Interesting take. I didn't see your prediction, just some commentary.....

Let me add an analogy, too

You can't complain about how someone makes their prediction when you don't make one yourself. That's like complaining about a candidate that won, when you didn't go vote.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]