Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: September 18th, 2022, 11:20 am
flamehunter wrote: September 18th, 2022, 8:15 am You can't win if you predict the incorrect winner.
Didn't read the rule book I guess; I assumed it was closest to score. If that's the rule then....it looks like JK37 won it. Great job!
Just listen to me more often, and all of you would be smarter!
alabama24 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: September 18th, 2022, 8:15 am You can't win if you predict the incorrect winner.
Didn't read the rule book I guess; I assumed it was closest to score. If that's the rule then....it looks like JK37 won it. Great job!
It only makes sense. I mean, if I predict Akron to win next week by a score of 56-0, but then the Flames win by that score, would you consider me the winner?
rtb72 liked this
By Tnobes
rtb72 wrote: September 18th, 2022, 11:24 am
Tnobes wrote: September 18th, 2022, 10:11 am And you can't predict your team to lose and say "hope I'm wrong". That's like saying "I think your marriage is going to fail.... Hope I'm wrong"
Interesting take. I didn't see your prediction, just some commentary.....

Let me add an analogy, too

You can't complain about how someone makes their prediction when you don't make one yourself. That's like complaining about a candidate that won, when you didn't go vote.
Touché
By willflop
Depends on how you do your math. You would add the error for each team, which would be 112 points off in the backwards 56 to 0 scenario, if getting the winner wrong was allowed.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 18th, 2022, 7:10 pm
Just listen to me more often, and all of you would be smarter!
I'm of the camp that to win you have to have the winning team right first, then the score.

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with saying "I hope I'm wrong."
ballcoach15, rtb72 liked this
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: September 18th, 2022, 8:50 pm
It only makes sense. I mean, if I predict Akron to win next week by a score of 56-0, but then the Flames win by that score, would you consider me the winner?
Fine by me. It does make sense really. Honestly, when I was going through the predictions to show the winner, I just concentrated on closest score. Going forward, I'll pay better attention.
flamehunter liked this
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]