Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I respectfully disagree. When I was in the Marching band (sidebar: Any thoughts on the new director?), if we had a 12 pm game, that meant starting the day at around 7. The good part is being done before dinner and having time to enjoy the rest of the Saturday slate or hanging out,but I like having a few games in the early part of the primetime window
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I know I'm just whining, but it's not like this game was going to be picked up by ABC. Just pick a game time so we can plan for it.
By LUOrange
If the game isn't being picked up nationally, I don't understand why it's not kicking off at 7pm. Afternoon games should be 12, 1, or 1:30. For whatever reasons, most of our teams have the worst start times, especially MBB and baseball (although they get a break some cause half their games are in the winter). Many of our game times in our other sports aren't conducive for fan attendance. These 2, 3, 4 and 5 o'clock games make no sense to me. They are just whack. If some of it is a conference thing, hopefully CUSA fixes some of it. OK, rant over.
Last edited by LUOrange on September 13th, 2022, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Let the record show, I would be down with the penciled in start times that could be adjusted if we get picked up by a linear net. I am holding up flight plans for the BYU game on a week where I start in Toledo on Monday, Los Angeles on Tuesday, DC on Wednesday through Friday before the game in Lynchburg on Saturday. I can go if it is a day game. If it moves to the evening, I am out since you can't fly out of LYH or nearby airports without $500+ bump in airfares on Sunday as opposed to Saturday evening.
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: September 13th, 2022, 10:21 am Let the record show, I would be down with the penciled in start times that could be adjusted if we get picked up by a linear net. I am holding up flight plans for the BYU game on a week where I start in Toledo on Monday, Los Angeles on Tuesday, DC on Wednesday through Friday before the game in Lynchburg on Saturday. I can go if it is a day game. If it moves to the evening, I am out since you can't fly out of LYH or nearby airports without $500+ bump in airfares on Sunday as opposed to Saturday evening.
Did you check ROA or CLT? Both tend to be cheaper than LYH.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As referenced earlier, I checked nearby airports (ROA, RIC, RDU) but I admit that CLT seemed like a bit of a haul like heading back up to DC. I tend to be pigeon-holed into American & Southwest in your region with minimal competition. Flying out Saturday evening is const effective. The rest, not so much.

Traditionally LU has scheduled night games early season and then moved to day as the temps cool down. But obviously TV can impact decisions.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Have I been missing something all these years? I don’t recall them ever releasing game times like this
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: September 13th, 2022, 5:25 pm As referenced earlier, I checked nearby airports (ROA, RIC, RDU) but I admit that CLT seemed like a bit of a haul like heading back up to DC. I tend to be pigeon-holed into American & Southwest in your region with minimal competition. Flying out Saturday evening is const effective. The rest, not so much.

Traditionally LU has scheduled night games early season and then moved to day as the temps cool down. But obviously TV can impact decisions.
I actually meant CHO (another one of my infamous typos). They tend to be cheaper than LYH, RIC and ROA. I've even found cheap rates from GSO on the Hopper app.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:49 pm Playing at 1:00 would help attendance, I believe, no matter the opponent.
Ballcoach, do you really think LU students will be up that early???
JK37 liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]