Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUOrange
Ill flame wrote: September 16th, 2022, 12:58 am Woke forest relied on slave labor in its early days with several presidents that owned slaves. In the grand scheme of things pool boys are about as mild as it gets compared to a lot of other colleges pasts. Let people talk, everyone has things in their past they aren't proud of.
Good point. While we shouldn't be proud of our mistakes, let's not dwell on the fact that we've committed them nor act like we're any worse than anyone else. Having worked in and around educational institutions for most of my career, I can tell you LU isn't alone and far from the worst. And again, to be clear for the naysayers, I'm not condoning or overlooking anything.
jmclaughlin liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, I don't really pay much mind to people hating on stuff, especially things I care about. But for competition's sake, maybe there will be cause to hate us after Saturday.

In the most optimistic sense, Hugh Freeze, may provide all the ammo. Wouldn't bet against him. But more realistically, I'll settle for a competitive game. Wake is legit.
jmclaughlin, LUOrange liked this
By jmclaughlin
I would rather discuss the slow mesh.
People hate LU and they have some legitimate reasons to point fingers. Athletics should be a neutral ground where politics, religion and preferences have no bearing. I just hope We as fans of LU never hold a stance of blind, indoctrinated hatred that is painfully obvious on their board…While accusing LU of holding such intolerance. It is a lesson in irony.
LUOrange liked this
By BlueBlood
flamesfilmguy wrote: September 15th, 2022, 3:01 pm Maybe its a good thing we are going CUSA instead of a larger more reputable G5. If ya'll are offended by the WAKE board of all places there would be some serious pearl clutching to see what some other schools have to say about Liberty.
Not offended, but I will say that I am a bit surprised. For some reason I didn't think Wake folks would go so heavy in the "put you down so I feel better about myself" direction (especially on a G5 school). I don't know why I expected class. Actually, I do - private school with reputable academics (that LU doesn't pretend to have achieved), where folks seemingly should already have plenty of good things going for them and feel pretty good about themselves, and Tim Duncan.

Looking forward to the game. Go Flames!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I wasted several minutes of my life reading 9 of 13 pages of Wake's message board. And I haven't seen so many F-bombs since I watched A Few Good Men. Now I feel like I need a shower. :(
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 16th, 2022, 11:06 am I wasted several minutes of my life reading 9 of 13 pages of Wake's message board. And I haven't seen so many F-bombs since I watched A Few Good Men. Now I feel like I need a shower. :(
Ever seen Good Will Hunting? Or better yet, Pulp Fiction?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 16th, 2022, 11:29 am Ever seen Good Will Hunting? Or better yet, Pulp Fiction?
YES (to Good Will Hunting) :nod and NO (to Pulp Fiction). :nonono :nono
JK37 liked this
By willflop
LUOrange wrote: September 16th, 2022, 2:47 pm Well. So much for the rivalry...

What the heck are we doing?
And this appears to be the first instance, from what I recall, that we get the short end having already done our away game (tomorrow) in a 2 for 1 deal.
By jamesda3asu
Registration Days Posts
GoLU_13_21 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 12:15 am
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn. I can assure you that quote is more than likely not made up they are arrogant bunch they usually always come with facts and are cerebral about everything. I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion. And surely you meant Dungey LUORANGE. Wake has had the highest percentage of students in attendance the last two years. They can tend to get drunk and leave if the game is a bore.
Any particular reason Wake hates us passionately?
They see Liberty as a lesser than diploma mill compared to them. With hypocritical religious and political beliefs. I went to Liberty and see most Liberty people as what I like to call Uber Christians. Like most older Christians set in their ways and filled with hate for anyone different than them. Me I am of the live and let live and let God decide what's right and wrong. Not gonna force my beliefs on anyone rather love them as much as I can.
By jamesda3asu
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:52 am
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn....
... I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion.
I took a look at their board. Every fan base has a few idiot posters. It's pretty universal. Unfortunately, the hate being spewed over there is not limited to just a few rouge posters. They seem pretty aligned in their feelings.

Weird too - because I never had a bad thought about WF. Tim Duncan was a nice enough guy.

You might as well just jump in and come over fully to the dark (LU) side.
I pull for Liberty in every game except against Wake, but I used to push mow yards at 12 and 13 just to get season tickets on hill for Wake games only to watch us be down most of the time to FSU 52-3 at the half. I've earned the right to enjoy these years we've been decent lol. And they can be a snobbish bunch not all of them but a few. My Liberty education gets thrown in my face over there all the time by a few and I am seen lesser than. But that is a few. The OGBOARDS are terrible DEACONSPORTS boards are much better.
By jamesda3asu
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:25 pm Last I checked a few days ago, they're 247 board was a lot more reasonable than their B&G board. However, I watched a couple of their player's interviews and they appeared to be class acts like Clawson. Hopefully it'll be a good game, win or lose.
That board has the better more controlled posters with better information. I tend to stay there more nowadays.
LUOrange liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
jamesda3asu wrote: September 16th, 2022, 10:00 pm
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am .....
....I went to Liberty and see most Liberty people as what I like to call Uber Christians. Like most older Christians set in their ways and filled with hate for anyone different than them. Me I am of the live and let live and let God decide what's right and wrong. Not gonna force my beliefs on anyone rather love them as much as I can.
You are describing the caricature of Liberty and not the reality. You can do that with anything. But, it's always healthier to be able to laugh at yourself and not take yourself too seriously.

A less exaggerated form of the caricature does exit though. Same would hold true for Wake. And I'd say that in the current broader political climate a school like Wake is most vulnerable.
By Tnobes
jamesda3asu wrote: September 16th, 2022, 10:00 pm
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn. I can assure you that quote is more than likely not made up they are arrogant bunch they usually always come with facts and are cerebral about everything. I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion. And surely you meant Dungey LUORANGE. Wake has had the highest percentage of students in attendance the last two years. They can tend to get drunk and leave if the game is a bore.
They see Liberty as a lesser than diploma mill compared to them. With hypocritical religious and political beliefs. I went to Liberty and see most Liberty people as what I like to call Uber Christians. Like most older Christians set in their ways and filled with hate for anyone different than them. Me I am of the live and let live and let God decide what's right and wrong. Not gonna force my beliefs on anyone rather love them as much as I can.
I've never met an "older Christian filled with hate" in my entire 48 year old life. As far as "live and let live...." That is pretty much the opposite of the message Jesus taught
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Losing Scruggs for today is rough. We need multiple people to step big time in his absence. Really looking at the DL to pick up some of that slack but someone has to take charge in the secondary.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: September 17th, 2022, 3:39 pm Losing Scruggs for today is rough. We need multiple people to step big time in his absence. Really looking at the DL to pick up some of that slack but someone has to take charge in the secondary.
Not having the Pride of Appomattox with their QB is gonna be tough.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]