Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By willflop
LUOrange wrote: September 13th, 2022, 8:59 am
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn. I can assure you that quote is more than likely not made up they are arrogant bunch they usually always come with facts and are cerebral about everything. I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion. And surely you meant Dungey LUORANGE. Wake has had the highest percentage of students in attendance the last two years. They can tend to get drunk and leave if the game is a bore.
Yeah, Osagiede's quote wasn't made up. It was quoted in an article that Manson included in the Tuesday Links. Still, the quote isn't bad, it's correct in theory. If the drunk woke kids get motivated over that so be it, and obviously that was one of my many typos.
Looks like it starts around the 1:45 mark of this video release. Listened to in context, this was a giant nothing. He wasn't being arrogant at all.

LUOrange liked this
By Tnobes
LUOrange wrote: September 13th, 2022, 9:08 am
JK37 wrote: September 12th, 2022, 11:12 pm
LUOrange wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:47 am I'll be going with my Live-In Boss.

I think we can compete with them. I'm expecting a close game, especially with our defense. The biggest key for us will be getting the Offense going right away. They have to move the ball and score in the 1st quarter. I think we've only scored like twice in the last 13 games in the 1st (if I remember that right from the LFSN graphic).

I'm hoping that we can turn these games with Wake into a regular regional rival. I think possibility is there- we're both Baptist bred private schools, we're relatively close, they are where we want to be, and we both need rivals. I don't even know who they consider their rivals.
Rivals? Certainly none in football. You’re a Syracuse fan, so surely you can understand football is just something they do until basketball season.
Hey my Orangemen used to be good in football too! I think it'd be a good rivalry in all-sports. Of course, they haven't rescheduled us in MBB since we beat them. They've had the better of us in baseball. If our series in football can go like it did with Cuse, we could start that little rivalry. We need one and I don't know who their rivals are.
The orange haven't been good since Donovan McNabb years in the 90's. One of my favorite college football games was Donovan McNabb orangemen versus Minnesota gophers
LUOrange liked this
By Tnobes
Tnobes wrote: September 13th, 2022, 10:18 pm

Rivals? Certainly none in football. You’re a Syracuse fan, so surely you can understand football is just something they do until basketball season.
Hey my Orangemen used to be good in football too! I think it'd be a good rivalry in all-sports. Of course, they haven't rescheduled us in MBB since we beat them. They've had the better of us in baseball. If our series in football can go like it did with Cuse, we could start that little rivalry. We need one and I don't know who their rivals are.
The orange haven't been good since Donovan McNabb years in the 90's. One of my favorite college football games was Donovan McNabb orangemen versus Minnesota gophers
By jmclaughlin
Ventured into a few Wake chat boards just now and I hope to never be that jaded. It is always comical…sad…to see someone make a moral argument against another school for being “intolerant”, while posturing in an overtly intolerant stance. The projection and pure hypocrisy of some is just sad.
LUOrange, rtb72 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: September 14th, 2022, 6:17 pm Ventured into a few Wake chat boards just now and I hope to never be that jaded. It is always comical…sad…to see someone make a moral argument against another school for being “intolerant”, while posturing in an overtly intolerant stance. The projection and pure hypocrisy of some is just sad.
It's the universal way to avoid conviction per Romans 1.
LUOrange, jmclaughlin liked this
By rtb72
Liberty will always face such ridicule. Some of it is self-inflicted, while some is just plain bigotry. At the end of the day, we need to ensure we fuel less of the former and receive the latter because we were adhering to our original mission.
By Tnobes
LUOrange wrote: September 13th, 2022, 8:59 am
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn. I can assure you that quote is more than likely not made up they are arrogant bunch they usually always come with facts and are cerebral about everything. I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion. And surely you meant Dungey LUORANGE. Wake has had the highest percentage of students in attendance the last two years. They can tend to get drunk and leave if the game is a bore.
Yeah, Osagiede's quote wasn't made up. It was quoted in an article that Manson included in the Tuesday Links. Still, the quote isn't bad, it's correct in theory. If the drunk woke kids get motivated over that so be it, and obviously that was one of my many typos.
Thanks for posting, the quote was just worded funny so it didn't seem like a natural quote for bulletin board material, but yes it was his actual quote, but I agree it wasn't a bad quote like he was trash talking or anything
LUOrange liked this
By Tnobes
LUOrange wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:47 am I'll be going with my Live-In Boss.

I think we can compete with them. I'm expecting a close game, especially with our defense. The biggest key for us will be getting the Offense going right away. They have to move the ball and score in the 1st quarter. I think we've only scored like twice in the last 13 games in the 1st (if I remember that right from the LFSN graphic).

I'm hoping that we can turn these games with Wake into a regular regional rival. I think possibility is there- we're both Baptist bred private schools, we're relatively close, they are where we want to be, and we both need rivals. I don't even know who they consider their rivals.
I didn't mean disrespect by saying Syracuse hast been good since Donovan McNabb, Lord knows I don't have much room to talk since my Minnesota Gophers have been mediocre most or all of my life
By GoLU_13_21
Any particular reason Wake hates us passionately?
By Dalegarz1
Perhaps the biggest (aside from pulling off the upset) thing to look for this week is the development of KS at QB. I sense he's on a short leash and, if he continues to prematurely abandon the called play and start scrambling , we could see a different starter against the Zips.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Actually Wake is a much smaller school with more progressive and snobbish academic profile than the folks up in Harrisonburg. There is a reason people refer to them as Woke Forest.

Our defense has been fantastic at creating turnovers through two games. We'll need that type of production on Satutrday to hold off the Deacs' potent offense.
By BlueBlood
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn....
... I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion.
I took a look at their board. Every fan base has a few idiot posters. It's pretty universal. Unfortunately, the hate being spewed over there is not limited to just a few rouge posters. They seem pretty aligned in their feelings.

Weird too - because I never had a bad thought about WF. Tim Duncan was a nice enough guy.

You might as well just jump in and come over fully to the dark (LU) side.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would never compare JMU and any FBS school, especially a Power 5 school. JMU has a decent softball program. Every other sport up there ___________________ , especially football.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:52 am
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn....
... I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion.
I took a look at their board. Every fan base has a few idiot posters. It's pretty universal. Unfortunately, the hate being spewed over there is not limited to just a few rouge posters. They seem pretty aligned in their feelings.

Weird too - because I never had a bad thought about WF. Tim Duncan was a nice enough guy.

You might as well just jump in and come over fully to the dark (LU) side.
It's possible that they see themselves as Kevin Bacon and LU as John Lithgow in Footloose. And maybe they're not quite sure if it's based on reality, fiction, or just bad dancing techniques.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
Last I checked a few days ago, they're 247 board was a lot more reasonable than their B&G board. However, I watched a couple of their player's interviews and they appeared to be class acts like Clawson. Hopefully it'll be a good game, win or lose.
jmclaughlin liked this
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Maybe its a good thing we are going CUSA instead of a larger more reputable G5. If ya'll are offended by the WAKE board of all places there would be some serious pearl clutching to see what some other schools have to say about Liberty. and I can't believe that i'm saying this but in Wake's defense most of what they are saying there is self inflicted stuff that is going to take Liberty Decades to shed.
Baybird, jmclaughlin liked this
By Tnobes
flamesfilmguy wrote: September 15th, 2022, 3:01 pm Maybe its a good thing we are going CUSA instead of a larger more reputable G5. If ya'll are offended by the WAKE board of all places there would be some serious pearl clutching to see what some other schools have to say about Liberty. and I can't believe that i'm saying this but in Wake's defense most of what they are saying there is self inflicted stuff that is going to take Liberty Decades to shed.
Why shed it? Wear it like a badge of honor
By Ill flame
Woke forest relied on slave labor in its early days with several presidents that owned slaves. In the grand scheme of things pool boys are about as mild as it gets compared to a lot of other colleges pasts. Let people talk, everyone has things in their past they aren't proud of.
LUOrange liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
If you wanna get literal about it, the epicenter of the dark history of the US is in the Dem party. But they do a good job in revising the past and scapegoating their opponents.

But I'd rather be a Socrates, misunderstood for caring about what's true, than a Sophist, who has the applause of the mainstream, but inauthentic and deceitful at the core.
LUOrange, LUminary liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has a […]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Venzant is transferring to Abilene Christian, a co[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]