Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jmclaughlin
Looking at the slate of “big” games for week 3…there aren’t many. LU- Wake has got to be one of the better matchups and I wonder if there is a chance to get bumped to a better network?
By tyndal23
jmclaughlin wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:14 am Looking at the slate of “big” games for week 3…there aren’t many. LU- Wake has got to be one of the better matchups and I wonder if there is a chance to get bumped to a better network?
BJ - does the French spelling of forest have two Letter R’s or just one ? Regardless - Fighting Falwell’s vs Demon Deacons should be ESPN Game Day. ( beat u 2 it PH - while u were getting a secondary high at Queens Dyke or whatever concert ).
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The game will be on the ACC Network, which I get on DirecTV.
prototype liked this
By LUDad
Seeing Salater throw a 65 yard bomb into the endzone at the end of first half in the rain makes me wonder what he can do this coming week if we have good weather.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem, North Carolina

WF Football Official Site

Truist Field
Opened in 1968 - Seats 31,500

Dave Clawson
Season as Wake Forest Head Coach

2022 Schedule/Results

Sep 01 - VMI .............................................. W 44-10
Sep 10 - @ Vanderbilt .............................. W 45-25
Sep 17 - Liberty (Homecoming) .............. 5 PM on ACC Network
Sep 24 - Clemson
Oct 01 - @ Florida State
Oct 08 - Army
Oct 15 - Bye
Oct 22 - Boston College
Oct 29 - @ Louisville
Nov 05 - @ NC State
Nov 12 - North Carolina
Nov 19 - Syracuse
Nov 26 - @ Duke

Key Player

#10 Sam Hartman
6' 1" 210 lbs Junior Quarterback
vs.Vanderbilt: 18-of-27 (67%) for 300 Yards with 4 TDs & 0 INTs + 6 Carries for 12 Yards

By Ill flame
I wish we could've played one of our cupcakes before this game to give our offense a chance to work on some things. The defense should keep us in the game but we'll see how well we move the ball. We have to keep winning the turnover battle if we want to have a chance.
phoenix liked this
By rtb72
I would like to think they'll look right over us and be thinking more about Clemson the following weekend. Maybe that will help us some. Their offense is nothing short of amazing.

Is anybody on here going to the game? My family and I are going since it's just a short 40 minute drive for us. It's really not a hard drive from Lynchburg or surrounding.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I honestly didn't expect us to be back showing up as a Homecoming opponent based on where we stand these days in the college football world. You would have expected them to utilize that Army date in the more traditional homecoming season of October. It sure would be good to ruin their party.

I just sat in the stadium and watched a regional G5 take down a Top 10 program on the road as an 18.5-point underdog over here in Texas. Please forgive me for giving Coach Freeze and his guys more than a puncher's chance against Wake Forest. Will we have to improve significantly over last week? Absolutely. But I don't think it is lunacy to believe we can win.
By LUOrange
I'll be going with my Live-In Boss.

I think we can compete with them. I'm expecting a close game, especially with our defense. The biggest key for us will be getting the Offense going right away. They have to move the ball and score in the 1st quarter. I think we've only scored like twice in the last 13 games in the 1st (if I remember that right from the LFSN graphic).

I'm hoping that we can turn these games with Wake into a regular regional rival. I think possibility is there- we're both Baptist bred private schools, we're relatively close, they are where we want to be, and we both need rivals. I don't even know who they consider their rivals.
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:42 am I honestly didn't expect us to be back showing up as a Homecoming opponent based on where we stand these days in the college football world. You would have expected them to utilize that Army date in the more traditional homecoming season of October. It sure would be good to ruin their party.

I just sat in the stadium and watched a regional G5 take down a Top 10 program on the road as an 18.5-point underdog over here in Texas. Please forgive me for giving Coach Freeze and his guys more than a puncher's chance against Wake Forest. Will we have to improve significantly over last week? Absolutely. But I don't think it is lunacy to believe we can win.
I agree, I think we always have the advantage in coaching with Freeze and Co. I think Salter is the key, how well does he play? I, also don't think Dae Dae is getting enough carries, and we need to get Frith the ball more.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That is what Coach Freeze indicated at last week's news conference. And we had a couple of other players we are anticipated back as well. Lookingo forward to hearing from Coach Freeze this week.
By Tnobes
I'm guessing that quote from the DL is made up, and he never actually said it. The rest of the comments from that board are ridiculous and I would say the "none of the athletes are there for religious purposes" is borderline racist but at minimum stereotypical meant to imply that the athletes are stupid and thugs. It's a pathetic message board
By LUOrange
That's definitely a made up quote, but what's created isn't exactly that bad. That said, I didn't pay any attention to them last year when they became good, but from the Cuse-Wake games I've been to they're student section didn't really exist. The last game I was there, it was their homecoming vs a Dundey led Cuse team. The student section was probably a little more than half-full with the kids in suits and cocktail dresses. Many were plastered and the vast majority were gone by the second half kick-off.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:47 am I'll be going with my Live-In Boss.

I think we can compete with them. I'm expecting a close game, especially with our defense. The biggest key for us will be getting the Offense going right away. They have to move the ball and score in the 1st quarter. I think we've only scored like twice in the last 13 games in the 1st (if I remember that right from the LFSN graphic).

I'm hoping that we can turn these games with Wake into a regular regional rival. I think possibility is there- we're both Baptist bred private schools, we're relatively close, they are where we want to be, and we both need rivals. I don't even know who they consider their rivals.
Rivals? Certainly none in football. You’re a Syracuse fan, so surely you can understand football is just something they do until basketball season.
LUOrange liked this
By jamesda3asu
Registration Days Posts
I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn. I can assure you that quote is more than likely not made up they are arrogant bunch they usually always come with facts and are cerebral about everything. I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion. And surely you meant Dungey LUORANGE. Wake has had the highest percentage of students in attendance the last two years. They can tend to get drunk and leave if the game is a bore.
By jamesda3asu
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:42 am I honestly didn't expect us to be back showing up as a Homecoming opponent based on where we stand these days in the college football world. You would have expected them to utilize that Army date in the more traditional homecoming season of October. It sure would be good to ruin their party.

Didn’t Army beat us 51-16 last year?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:44 am

Didn’t Army beat us 51-16 last year?
I think he said that not because of quality of opponent but because of the traditional home coming date in October. Has nothing to do with being an easy win or a “cupcake.”

And no.
By tyndal23
Clawson is someone I really try not to like, but I can’t help it - I do. Buttoned up well spoken, soft spoken genius who wears a tie to Pressers. I remember when he and Freeze did the NC Coaches broadcast of National Champ game and the stuff coming out of his mouth was annoyingly genius. Even Hugh took a back seat and let him talk 90% of the time. I think deep down Freeze wants to win this one on a personal level more than the rest of the games on our schedule - country boy vs yuppie analytic guy...
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
jamesda3asu wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:43 am I’m a Wake fan but Liberty alumn. I can assure you that quote is more than likely not made up they are arrogant bunch they usually always come with facts and are cerebral about everything. I can tell you about 75% of Wake people absolutely despise Liberty with a passion. And surely you meant Dungey LUORANGE. Wake has had the highest percentage of students in attendance the last two years. They can tend to get drunk and leave if the game is a bore.
Yeah, Osagiede's quote wasn't made up. It was quoted in an article that Manson included in the Tuesday Links. Still, the quote isn't bad, it's correct in theory. If the drunk woke kids get motivated over that so be it, and obviously that was one of my many typos.
By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: September 12th, 2022, 11:12 pm
LUOrange wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:47 am I'll be going with my Live-In Boss.

Rivals? Certainly none in football. You’re a Syracuse fan, so surely you can understand football is just something they do until basketball season.
Hey my Orangemen used to be good in football too! I think it'd be a good rivalry in all-sports. Of course, they haven't rescheduled us in MBB since we beat them. They've had the better of us in baseball. If our series in football can go like it did with Cuse, we could start that little rivalry. We need one and I don't know who their rivals are.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]