Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

What an incredible win. Defense seems to always get gashed by the rush first half and then locks it down 2nd half ( last 3 years ). But every single fumble was forced ( nothing to do with rain - as much as UAB board wants to whine ). We had no biz being tied at half - ( similar to last week ) but 2nd half was legit. O Line and D Line got better and better as game went on. For sure we aren’t going to keep catching/making breaks like this, but 2-0 with new QB and quality of these two teams - I will gladly take. The production was best ever, not a bad screen shot and announcers are so neutral not even UAB fans complained once on message board - literally best G5 Production in sports. Nice work Ian. Next week is house $ - go for broke.
rtb72, LUOrange, TH Spangler liked this
Good to see Nate Hampton come in for a couple of plays as our goal line QB that resulted in a TD.
Last edited by Cider Jim on September 11th, 2022, 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
flameshaw, LUOrange liked this
It seemed like we started to play up to our talent level in the second half. That defense is great as always and Salter looks like he keeps getting better with the increased playing time. I was impressed how well our student section showed up despite the weather. Espn is saying our attendance was 18,892 which is better than most of our games last year. I don't want to get too optimistic yet but an 8 win season is starting to look likely with an opportunity to win more. This is the deepest team we've had yet so hopefully injuries down the stretch won't have as much of an effect on this team as it did last year.
LUOrange liked this
Watched this game at home. Will make the trip from FL to LYH for the next home game. A few things -

Stadium - Looked great. Excited to see the updates in person. The rubber pellets did seem to clump on the new turf. Hopefully that was just a combination of the weather and the newness and isn't an ongoing issue.

TV Production - Thank you Liberty for investing in quality on air talent, equipment, production crew, etc. It makes all the difference in the world. I had neighbors watching the game with me. They had no idea that it wasn't an ESPN-produced game, and I didn't feel the need to tell them. Well done.

Student Section - That was impressive. You could feel the energy through the TV. For that many to be there in the rain (and with the full understanding that it was not a "passing shower") is awesome.
LUOrange, Sly Fox, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]