Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I submit for your consideration a variation for the 4th Quarter Sing Along or a New Entry song. It takes the best elements of what LU already does AND the best pregame entrance in college football

flamehunter, Baybird, Chippy and 1 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty needs a new "entry", but I don't have any ideas other than Sparky leading team onto the field with a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

As for music, there are concerts within driving distance of Lynchburg. :D
By CCWMichael
All nice but I can go with a multitude of Led Zeppelins work ..... It would take serious work to find just the right few minutes.
To fill in for our 4th quarter song staying with the current theme the lemon song.... on second thought no
By LUOrange
Uh. No to both of those songs.

We do need a good entry song and pre-game entrances along with regular game traditions. I liked the pre-game ceremony we had under Rocco and in 2014, but we need a better tune than Space Odyssey. I don't know why we haven't approached Toby Mac to come up with a good sports anthem for us. Not sure why Jr. went with that Humble Tip guy over Toby Mac or Michael Tait.

Anyhow, they need something better than last year, even if it means going back to "Turbulence." It's probably as simple as going back to Fall Out Boy's "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark." Regardless of what they do this year, they need to settle on doing the same thing every game every year.
By rtb72
VT does Sandman, and WF does the whole Demon Deacon riding in on a Harley. I like both...but certainly don't want to mimic VT, or WF for that matter. We do need something for the entry for sure. Love the video clips and HCHF at the end of the video, but we need something flashy with our entry music. Not sure what that should be, but PH gave me something search around for tomorrow in my downtime at work. Also...a few more special affects would be nice. More smoke and fireworks. We need "shock and awe" when our boys enter the battlefield!
ATrain, LUOrange, CCWMichael liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I have mentioned this a dozen times, don't know why it hasn't caught on. I would love to see a flame brought in and light a cauldron of some kind. Maybe it is too much like the Olympics? I still l like the idea. Maybe, since Lynchburg is the home of Fleet enema, we could come up with a way to honor their commitment to the community. 8) :lol:
CCWMichael, Sly Fox liked this
By Dalegarz1
With the cauldron at the 50 yard line! You could have music leading up to it (a crescendo) so that it has the same effect as FSU planting the spear at midfield. I'd jump out of my seat!
flameshaw liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Do you people not watch the entire video? It’s NOT Enter Sandman. Cmon
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
A bald eagle circling the stadium and making an entry would also be phenomenal. I don't suspect there are many of those around though.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]