Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rtb72
So I started this because I wasn't sure where to put it. I looked at the O-line preview and a lot of names are familiar from last year. We have a couple new additions, but it begged the question to me: Why are we anticipating being so much better in this room? We've added some transfers, granted...but has the improvement been that much more profound in the same guys we had last year to this year? I mean...the O-line was dismal last year. Not trying to stir the pot on past coaching staff, but is our new O-line coach part of the big difference we are expecting?

Hope this thread can be used to discuss other position groups we've seen previews for as well. Apologies if I've missed a thread that already existed for this. Just wanted to get some feedback on thoughts with our O-line.
CCWMichael liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have assumed from afar that the staff is counting on continued development from the returning players + shot in the arm in depth. I too consider the O-Line my biggest area of consternation heading into the opener.

I also am cautious about the LB corps. Lots of faces changing.
By Ill flame
Our projected starting LT, C and RT are all incoming transfers that should be upgrades over the previous starters. Cooper McCaw who has been a starter for us the last two seasons at RT is now a backup and there's generally more depth than we've had. I believe o line is where the most FCS recruits were left over. Of our starters only bodden (2018 class) was recruited before hugh freeze arrived. In the rest of the 2 deep, Cooper mccaw was in the 2017 recruiting class and kourtis was also in the 2018 class. I believe everyone else has been recruited by HF which typically means a much higher caliber of recruit.
By CCWMichael
I am sailing with lll flame on this one. The addition of some big boys most likely creates the optimism. I am sure practices should bear out some of this. However, I am still skeptical as our D has owned the spring and fall fan practices. I am trying to keep in mind we do have an outstanding D and it looks like despite our coaching losses we are still on track to be extremely solid on this side of the ball.

I have no film to review so I can't be solid with much with the Oline and who is solid with the fundamentals. We have the culture for the intangibles so after that the fundamentals will rule the day. I am all giddy for some real game day footage again. Cautiously optimistic we will be vastly improved.
By LUOrange
Freeze at yesterday's Kick-off lunch also stated that Coach K also brought in a different perspective on top of his intensity. This and the transfers do make a big difference. Let's also not forget that our O-line was pretty good in 2020. I think there were several factors to last year's O-line drop off. Hopefully, those issues have been corrected.
CCWMichael, Baybird, rtb72 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]