Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Due to a scheduling conflict, I didn't make it out today for the Flames Club coffee & donuts and the football scrimmage. How did Coach Freeze's team look, and which QB had the best showing today?
By tyndal23
Saw depth chart had Hardy and Butler starting DT’s. Was always curious why we have never heard Hardy discussed in the depth charts until now. That is two 4 * D tackles - love it. Lot of P5 teams don’t have that.
LUOrange liked this
By rtb72
Didn't get to make it up either, but based solely on stats and commentary....looks like Brewer did pretty well. I love Bennett, but stats appear to reflect some struggles today. Salter sounds promising. I don't think I recall hearing TJ Green being injured....any info on that from anyone?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was unable to make scrimmage due to the Prospect Camp at LU softball stadium. Based on feedback i have received, our run defense is really good, or our run offense is not good.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 20th, 2022, 12:34 pm Due to a scheduling conflict, I didn't make it out today for the Flames Club coffee & donuts and the football scrimmage. How did Coach Freeze's team look, and which QB had the best showing today?

Need to do a better job scheduling in the future
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: August 20th, 2022, 3:18 pm Didn't get to make it up either, but based solely on stats and commentary....looks like Brewer did pretty well. I love Bennett, but stats appear to reflect some struggles today. Salter sounds promising. I don't think I recall hearing TJ Green being injured....any info on that from anyone?
Bennett will never be the guy. IMHO
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 20th, 2022, 5:16 pm
The new Honors student picnic trumps anything athletic on the Saturday before classes start. Study :tailgate We even had some varsity student-athletes attend our Honors picnic. And I got to meet several new freshman quizbowlers.
LUOrange, ballcoach15, rtb72 liked this
By LUOrange
Of the QB's, I thought Salter played the best followed by Hampton. Salter's passing was beautiful. Hampton looked really good too. His INT was money hitting the receiver in the endzone, who bobbled it up allowing Braylon Green to catch it. Brewer moved the chains. I thought JB did better than he did. But I was late and saw him hit some beautiful passes so that may have clouded my judgement. Regardless my prediction is 1-Brewer, 2- JB, and 3/4 is Salter or Hampton- I don't think it really matters which one is where. I could see both getting mop-up like last year and possibly packages for both.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 20th, 2022, 5:16 pm
Cider Jim wrote: August 20th, 2022, 12:34 pm Due to a scheduling conflict, I didn't make it out today for the Flames Club coffee & donuts and the football scrimmage. How did Coach Freeze's team look, and which QB had the best showing today?

Says the guy who skipped for a softball PROSPECT event. Not even current players. At least @Cider Jim had a work commitment
Cider Jim liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]