Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Horrible experience with ticket. Only reason I upgraded was to get the same tickets and the same parking pass. Did that happen? Nope. Now I’m locked in for the next 3 years. And so are the people in the seats I wanted.

So if anyone is looking for game tickets let me know. I need to make some money back
Had an awesome experience renewing my season tickets today. Called the Flames Club at my appointed time (I don't completely trust myself with the automated system yet) and was done in five minutes. Taylor and Drew with the Flames Club have always been over the top helpful and their excitement is contagious. Had to slightly move my seats because someone with more priority points added to their seats but no big deal.
Contrast this with the experience I am having with another G-5 school that one of my daughters graduated from. I am still waiting on ticket refunds from a bowl game that got cancelled back in December!
Some folks whining about ticket prices and seat availability just need to suck it up and realize that this is the cost of Division 1
college football. Have a few less meals eating out every month or buy the cheap seats and move on. Facilities, elite coaches and national recruiting at this level cost much more than the FCS equivalent. My seats in Williams Stadium would require hundreds more for each ticket after a $2,000 larger contribution to the booster club at another G-5 school.
Some people invest in golf, a boat or maybe a beach house, but I look at this as an investment in the Kingdom. When I see student athletes like Malik Willis and Darius McGhee eloquently represent LU in the media, giving all glory to God, I see the fruit from the efforts of coaches and faculty, and the Nation sees it too. I count it as priviledge to have a small part in that.
flameshaw liked this
I have no problem with the seat prices. I have had a great experience with the process in the past. But this year, at least in my case it did not meet expectations. Which would not be a big deal if I were not locked in for 3 years. So I’ll do what other season ticket holders do at P5 and G5 schools. Sell my tickets I don’t use to the highest bidder
Purple Haize wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 1:56 am I have no problem with the seat prices. I have had a great experience with the process in the past. But this year, at least in my case it did not meet expectations. Which would not be a big deal if I were not locked in for 3 years. So I’ll do what other season ticket holders do at P5 and G5 schools. Sell my tickets I don’t use to the highest bidder
It's my understanding that you're not locked in for 3 years. If you downgrade to a lower Flames Club level next year, you will be able to select from the remaining inventory based on your priority level and points.
SumItUp wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 2:44 pm
Purple Haize wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 1:56 am I have no problem with the seat prices. I have had a great experience with the process in the past. But this year, at least in my case it did not meet expectations. Which would not be a big deal if I were not locked in for 3 years. So I’ll do what other season ticket holders do at P5 and G5 schools. Sell my tickets I don’t use to the highest bidder
It's my understanding that you're not locked in for 3 years. If you downgrade to a lower Flames Club level next year, you will be able to select from the remaining inventory based on your priority level and points.
They did at least upgrade my parking today. Maybe I can talk the 2 other groups to slide down 2 seats. Worst case I force the issue and drop or just go to the Cider Jim $2 level :D
Purple Haize wrote:Horrible experience with ticket. Only reason I upgraded was to get the same tickets and the same parking pass. Did that happen? Nope. Now I’m locked in for the next 3 years. And so are the people in the seats I wanted.

So if anyone is looking for game tickets let me know. I need to make some money back
Do you have club seats?
LUGrad2000 wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 9:32 pm
Purple Haize wrote:Horrible experience with ticket. Only reason I upgraded was to get the same tickets and the same parking pass. Did that happen? Nope. Now I’m locked in for the next 3 years. And so are the people in the seats I wanted.

Do you have club seats?
No. Not all of us make @ballcoach15 type of money :D
You are not locked into seats for 3 years. It is all determined by loyalty points. I have had Club seats, since Jesus was in short pants, and this is the first year we kept the same seats from last year. We have different options available to us every year.
Some people join at the Director level (3K), and choose to sit in the best seats in the lower level. This can have an effect on those seats as well, since they will likely have first choice there. It is fluid.
I keep hearing about locking in seats for 3 years, but have never seen it in writing. Maybe I missed it?
CCWMichael liked this
flameshaw wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 10:05 am You are not locked into seats for 3 years. It is all determined by loyalty points. I have had Club seats, since Jesus was in short pants, and this is the first year we kept the same seats from last year. We have different options available to us every year.
Some people join at the Director level (3K), and choose to sit in the best seats in the lower level. This can have an effect on those seats as well, since they will likely have first choice there. It is fluid.
I keep hearing about locking in seats for 3 years, but have never seen it in writing. Maybe I missed it?
You are correct sir, you are not locked into the same seats unless you decide to stay at the same donation level and want to retain those seats. However, if folks had the proper donation level and right priority points and received the seats they wants they most likely will not move for 3 years. I think this last point is what has purple turning blue. however, I like retaining our seats for 3 years rather than a struggle each year. Yes, some do not like losing their seats. When we first moved into that location the hairy eyeballs were coming but so be it as we earned that location. Do not get me wrong everyone was nice but the feel was there is the questions of how did we get those seats and so on. So yes, we displaced someone but we earned our selection spot.
To one of your point our donation level and our points we get to pick early in the process but choose the lower level in 105 Row X right on the 50 for many reasons. Leg room which will still be there, hearing the game, field view, current relationships, shade, quick access to concessions, quick and dry egress from bad weather and, so on.
Yes, it is in writing. https://www.liberty.edu/flames/flames-c ... ting-plan/
Purple Haize wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 6:43 pm

They did at least upgrade my parking today. Maybe I can talk the 2 other groups to slide down 2 seats. Worst case I force the issue and drop or just go to the Cider Jim $2 level :D
Sounds like the blue lot was not very popular this year if that was your boost. We typically always parked at the bookstore but took the free upgrade to blue just for a try. My daughter loves the indoor meal so instead of walking all the way around we will try this. Now, getting out from the bookstore was rather easy so we will find out how leaving from the blue lot goes. Go figure my daughter will probably want to go back to tail gate again this year.
We love the bookstore lot for atmosphere, tailgating, though it does tend to cost me $ every game due to the proximity of the bookstore! Longer walk to the pre-game meal, but short walk after the game when my old bones really need it.
Let the anticipation begin as we ready ourselves for the sports abyss of summer. :(
rtb72 liked this
Racenut wrote: April 24th, 2022, 10:17 am We love the bookstore lot for atmosphere, tailgating, though it does tend to cost me $ every game due to the proximity of the bookstore! Longer walk to the pre-game meal, but short walk after the game when my old bones really need it.
Let the anticipation begin as we ready ourselves for the sports abyss of summer. :(
We should have baseball and softball into June. 8) 8) 8)
CCWMichael liked this
I took my Honors Am. Lit. class on a field trip to Anne Spencer's house this morning, but I had to pull off in an empty parking lot at 10:50 to call about my season tickets. Taylor from the Flames Club was great as normal and got me 4 tickets on Row A in section 202. With the faculty discount, I got season tickets for $96, which was an increase of $21 and one section farther away, but I'm still thrilled to get those tickets. I just hope no one in the Old Men's Club has a fear of heights! :oldhag
Cider Jim wrote: April 27th, 2022, 6:32 pm I took my Honors Am. Lit. class on a field trip to Anne Spencer's house this morning, but I had to pull off in an empty parking lot at 10:50 to call about my season tickets. Taylor from the Flames Club was great as normal and got me 4 tickets on Row A in section 202. With the faculty discount, I got season tickets for $96, which was an increase of $21 and one section farther away, but I'm still thrilled to get those tickets. I just hope no one in the Old Men's Club has a fear of heights! :oldhag
Those are great seats! Congratulations
Cider Jim wrote: April 27th, 2022, 6:32 pm I took my Honors Am. Lit. class on a field trip to Anne Spencer's house this morning, but I had to pull off in an empty parking lot at 10:50 to call about my season tickets. Taylor from the Flames Club was great as normal and got me 4 tickets on Row A in section 202. With the faculty discount, I got season tickets for $96, which was an increase of $21 and one section farther away, but I'm still thrilled to get those tickets. I just hope no one in the Old Men's Club has a fear of heights! :oldhag
How did your students react to sitting still in a hot bus waiting on you to finalize your tickets over the phone?!
JK37 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 9:45 pm How did your students react to sitting still in a hot bus waiting on you to finalize your tickets over the phone?!
It was a small class, so we fit into 2 vehicles on the way down; on the way back, they all piled in one car, so I could drive back solo and call about my tickets.
https://www.liberty.edu/flames/news/fla ... s-success/

Not sure where to put this but it's great news. It's typical to see a boost in interest/attendance one year after a big season so I expected an increase after the 2020 season but I'm suprised that donations have more than doubled. Based on the article it seems reasonable to expect for donations to go up even more next year like they have for the past decade plus. I wish I knew where $4+ million a year in athletic donations ranks among the G5 though.
Class of 20Something wrote: July 6th, 2022, 5:06 pm Since this thread got bumped, I was pretty disappointed to pay more for my FC membership and my tickets this year and still have my seats gone when it was my turn to pick.
That’s exactly where I am at. I upgraded my membership to make extra sure I could get th same seats but when the time came..l.nope. Nor could I get the same parking pass (although they did eventually ‘upgrade’ me back to my original spot). I’m probably gonna sell most of the tickets at this point. I’m 50/50 on keeping the tech tickets
I thought it sucked and was stupid that I wasn't able to drop down a level from what I paid for. It makes/made no sense to me. All of the seats I wanted were sold, so my preferred back-up was available in a lower cost section and they wouldn't let me have it. Even when I offered to let them keep the difference. :dontgetit :BS
flameshaw liked this
LUOrange wrote: July 8th, 2022, 7:06 pm I thought it sucked and was stupid that I wasn't able to drop down a level from what I paid for. It makes/made no sense to me. All of the seats I wanted were sold, so my preferred back-up was available in a lower cost section and they wouldn't let me have it. Even when I offered to let them keep the difference. :dontgetit :BS
The thought process was spot on. The execution could have used a bit more thought.
LUOrange liked this
have you contacted the people about sliding down?
bigsmooth wrote: July 11th, 2022, 3:47 pm

have you contacted the people about sliding down?
Don’t know who they are. I won’t be there the first game anyways. We will work on moving those 8 interlopers over when I’m there. Or I’ll just cuss a lot and cheer for the other team. Either would be fun :twisted:
TH Spangler, rtb72 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]