Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Cider Jim wrote: April 1st, 2022, 10:12 pm
LUOrange wrote: March 31st, 2022, 9:21 pm I think most of us doesn't mind the increase in price for the schedule we're getting this fall.
My same tickets almost DOUBLED in price in one year. Even with the faculty/staff discount, my $70 seats in section 203 went up to $136 this year. I'm cheap and probably don't make Purple's paycheck, so I opted for the $96 seats next door in section 202.
I don't blame you. I'm at Eagle Level and thought about going to Flame in order to sit closer to the 50 or Premium Member Seats. But you don't really get any additional benefits $225 more. So I decided to save $285 and just got 2 Member Seats. I really did think about just getting the Chairbacks in 202, where I've mostly sat over the years, and saving an additional $100. But my wife likes the butt padding in the Member Seats, and I do what I'm told.
Purple Haize liked this
LUOrange wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 10:47 am
Cider Jim wrote: April 1st, 2022, 10:12 pm
LUOrange wrote: March 31st, 2022, 9:21 pm I think most of us doesn't mind the increase in price for the schedule we're getting this fall.
My same tickets almost DOUBLED in price in one year. Even with the faculty/staff discount, my $70 seats in section 203 went up to $136 this year. I'm cheap and probably don't make Purple's paycheck, so I opted for the $96 seats next door in section 202.
I don't blame you. I'm at Eagle Level and thought about going to Flame in order to sit closer to the 50 or Premium Member Seats. But you don't really get any additional benefits $225 more. So I decided to save $285 and just got 2 Member Seats. I really did think about just getting the Chairbacks in 202, where I've mostly sat over the years, and saving an additional $100. But my wife likes the butt padding in the Member Seats, and I do what I'm told.
Smart man
I don't like the price increase, but what makes me the maddest is the March 31 deadline to renew season tickets. People should be thinking softball and baseball on March 31, not football. I had 5 season tickets last season, I got 1 this season. I will be in market for single game tickets for most home games.
ballcoach15 wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 4:07 pm I don't like the price increase, but what makes me the maddest is the March 31 deadline to renew season tickets. People should be thinking softball and baseball on March 31, not football. I had 5 season tickets last season, I got 1 this season. I will be in market for single game tickets for most home games.
If you have a season ticket why do you need single game tickets?
Purple Haize wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 4:58 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 4:07 pm I don't like the price increase, but what makes me the maddest is the March 31 deadline to renew season tickets. People should be thinking softball and baseball on March 31, not football. I had 5 season tickets last season, I got 1 this season. I will be in market for single game tickets for most home games.
Girlfriends! Duh!
LUGrad2000 wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 7:02 pm My tickets doubled this year, but I still bought them anyway. I have always paid in three monthly payments, but they required it all up front this year. Not sure the reason for that.
I was able to space mine out
flamehunter wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 5:20 pm
Girlfriends! Duh!
If that is true ballfan would be the only person who brings a date and has them sit in an entirely different part of the stadium
ballcoach15 liked this
Purple Haize wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 7:30 pm

Girlfriends! Duh!
If that is true ballfan would be the only person who brings a date and has them sit in an entirely different part of the stadium
He said he had five season tickets last year, but he didn’t say they were together. I’m thinking more than one date, so they MUST be in different parts of the stadium. That’s just good planning. Don’t hate the playa, hate the game!
JK37 wrote: April 4th, 2022, 6:21 am
Purple Haize wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 7:30 pm

Girlfriends! Duh!
He said he had five season tickets last year, but he didn’t say they were together. I’m thinking more than one date, so they MUST be in different parts of the stadium. That’s just good planning. Don’t hate the playa, hate the game!
That’s a great point. And with the horrible lines for concessions it gives him a perfect excuse to be absent for long periods of time while he checks in on his other dates.
Tough to watch the game though
LUOrange, ballcoach15 liked this
I paid for mine several weeks ago. I gave them a seating preference. When do we get to acually select numbers?

Got an email today said this.
With the anticipated high interest in the matchup against Virginia Tech, the Flames Ticket Office does not expect to sell single-game tickets for the game against the Hokies because Flames Nation will purchase all available season tickets.

The guaranteed way for Flames Nation to watch Liberty take on Virginia Tech at Williams Stadium in 2022 will be to purchase season tickets.
No way they'll sell 25k season tickets?
TH Spangler wrote: April 6th, 2022, 6:53 pm
JK37 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 5:16 pm There aren’t 25k tickets for sale
No sure what they mean in the quote?
It means they will set aside x amount for VT ticket office and if you want to buy a ticket as a Flame Fan, you have to buy a season ticket OR a package that includes VT game in it ( which I imagine no such package exists... yet ). If they get to August and see the “plan” backfired - they may do a BYU and 2 other game “package” and a VT and 2 other game “package” - in either case it means our home fan base is lacking compared to stadium size. BYU will buy out remaining season tix just for one game at theses prices - VT probably puts a big dent ( only as a revenge game ) - meaning 3/4 of those sit empty rest of year because they won’t bother trying to resale. Conundrum that about 60 G5 teams face when they get a marquee home game.
TH Spangler liked this
I’m a season ticket holder at Oklahoma and pay $1k per seat (donation included) for row 28 on the 10 yard line. This is the price of playing big boy football.

I also used to work in their ticket office and everything Liberty is doing is really smart business. Expect those renewals to creep earlier and earlier until they start during the season.
aj7 wrote: April 9th, 2022, 10:51 am I’m a season ticket holder at Oklahoma and pay $1k per seat (donation included) for row 28 on the 10 yard line. This is the price of playing big boy football.

I also used to work in their ticket office and everything Liberty is doing is really smart business. Expect those renewals to creep earlier and earlier until they start during the season.
Boomer !!! I agree they are doing it as smart as possible. IF they don’t fill up season tickets soon, I would recommend single game tickets for BYU and VT email go out to out of state LU alumni only with some sort of “verification” process.
I’m sure it’s surprising to see big increases, but like m many have said Liberty sporting events are super cheap. I had UK season tickets for years and you had to make a hefty donation to the K fund to be able to get decent tickets. Basketball is even more insane. 10 years ago a friend called me all excited and said I’ve found a steal on season tickets. $1,900 per ticket and that was upper deck.

What we don’t want is to have Tech and BYU come to our place and it be 50-50.
Again, I think most of us are more irritated with losing out on potential P5 games in the future with CUSA 4.0 scheduling, not necessarily the increase in cost this year.

On top of that comparing Indy/ASUN-CUSA Liberty to Sooner Football and Kentucky Basketball isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison. We're not on their level yet or any time soon regardless if we could compete with them on the field/court for a bit. Just because someone had to pay $75K plus for a Lexus doesn't negate the fact that you just paid $25K plus for a Camry.
Ill flame wrote: April 13th, 2022, 12:29 pm The frustrating thing for me is already having home games scheduled against Virginia and just letting them be canceled with no explanation. I get wanting to change strategies but ideally there would be at least one premier home game every season.
I agree. The series makes sense for both programs regardless of who wins the games. On the face of it, I would've held them to the contract as much as possible. Especially, when you consider that there's a good chance their HC and AD both will be gone by the time the contract is up.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]