Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
Will we even have one with the stadium being reworked?
If we do have one what date?
For us we need to plan ahead. Our spring weekends are beginning to fill with commitments and until we know the date of the spring game we are unable to set aside that weekend.
If there is anyone with some inside information please let me know so we can book a room for that weekend and block out other commitments. We would love to attend but last minute is tough for us travelers.
Also, I wish they would bring back the spring game yard sale.
How that would work for me is they will bring it back but then they announce the spring game too late for us and that weekend is already booked for us.
Any insight on a date for the spring game is appreciated.
If on the side I am DM'd a date by an insider but no official release date is wanting to be given I can and will exercise discretion
rtb72 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Paging Ballcoach....what do your sources say? :oldhag :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 27th, 2022, 12:34 pm Paging Ballcoach....what do your sources say? :oldhag :dontgetit
Confirmed sources say that Ballcoach has been busy planning softball trips to:

Leesburg, FL
Clemson, SC
Richmond, KY
Charlottesville, VA
Louisville, KY
Fort Myers, FL
Jacksonville, FL
Blacksburg, VA

Thus, he hasn't had time to focus on football. (or basketball)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:27 am Why would ANYBODY actually “plan” a trip to RIchmond, Ky.?!
I'm still shocked that Ballcoach would plan a trip to Charlottesville. :shock:
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 28th, 2022, 1:11 am
JK37 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:27 am Why would ANYBODY actually “plan” a trip to RIchmond, Ky.?!
I'm still shocked that Ballcoach would plan a trip to Charlottesville. :shock:
Since you’ll end up driving him you should prepare yourself
ballcoach15, LUOrange, JK37 and 2 others liked this
By CCWMichael
tyndal23 wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 3:41 pm Spring Game April 9th.
Thanks.
i saw this posted to Twitter by ASOR yesterday and booked a room right away. Not many rooms left where we like to stay and even was able to cash in our points for a free room. Perfect storm for us as typically something does not fall into place. I will take the win. Bonus, baseball and softball home weekend so the plan is tickets for the baseball game Friday and I am at this time assuming the spring game will be early so baseball will most likely win over softball on Saturday. I really think my daughter would enjoy softball more. I secretly wish they had a game Friday so we could do 1 baseball and 1 softball but it was not meant to be. COUNTY SMOAK HERE WE COME!
Sly Fox liked this
By CCWMichael
rtb72 wrote: February 14th, 2022, 11:36 pm
What's the time for the spring game? Trying to plan....
I wish I knew as well. my best guess is around noon as that is the typical the past few years. We have tickets for baseball Friday but have not purchased anything for Saturday yet. Softball, baseball and, the theater are all options but the longer till I have a time the less likely the theater becomes. I not not sure how many folks double dip on campus for these events but a time would allow for more potential sales imho.
rtb72 liked this
By rtb72
CCWMichael wrote: February 15th, 2022, 6:14 pm
rtb72 wrote: February 14th, 2022, 11:36 pm
What's the time for the spring game? Trying to plan....
I wish I knew as well. my best guess is around noon as that is the typical the past few years. We have tickets for baseball Friday but have not purchased anything for Saturday yet. Softball, baseball and, the theater are all options but the longer till I have a time the less likely the theater becomes. I not not sure how many folks double dip on campus for these events but a time would allow for more potential sales imho.
Yeah, same. I want to go and spend some time in Lynchburg and on campus....but need a time. I don't think the Spring game requires tickets unless you plan to eat in club level.
By LUOrange
My observations/opinion from yesterday's Spring Game:
1. Our D looked good, especially our DL.
2. Our Receivers dropped a lot of passes.
3. Dae Dae looked really good.
4. I thought all 4 of our QB's looked pretty good. Bennett and Hampton had the best drives, with Bennett having the best deep passes. Salter moved the ball a lot, especially on his last drive. But he did it all with his legs and he's pretty explosive. While I think we can win with any of the 4 starting and I mostly believe Freeze that he really hasn't settled on his top 2. I still believe that Brewer's our starter.
5. We had a decent crowd, almost all of the student section was full. I didn't like the 10AM start, but it paid off with the weather.
6. I thought LU did a good job promoting it, and overall, it was done well and I had fun . But I'd like them to make it a bigger deal in the future. They need to focus on creating and restoring traditions with both our athletic teams and our University as a whole. IE., bringing back the community yard sale that many of y'all have mentioned that they used to do is/was a great idea and tradition to restart.
Ill flame, CCWMichael liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: April 10th, 2022, 10:29 pm My observations/opinion from yesterday's Spring Game...
4. I thought all 4 of our QB's looked pretty good. Bennett and Hampton had the best drives, with Bennett having the best deep passes. Salter moved the ball a lot, especially on his last drive. But he did it all with his legs and he's pretty explosive. While I think we can win with any of the 4 starting and I mostly believe Freeze that he really hasn't settled on his top 2. I still believe that Brewer's our starter.
5. We had a decent crowd, almost all of the student section was full...
Sadly, I wasn't there due to church obligations, but I nevertheless have 2 comments.
1. In reference to Orange's #4 comment, Ballcoach said that Salter looked the best at QB (even though 2 other QBs threw TD passes).
2. In reference to Orange's #5 comment, attendance may have been helped by this being CFAW weekend with probably a few thousand high schoolers and their parents/youth pastors on campus.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 11th, 2022, 7:24 am We probably have more QB depth than any team in the country.
Using the word "probably" generally indicates you have some knowledge on the subject. I expect that in addition to Liberty, you may know the 3/4 deep at QB for Bama and VT, and that's about it, but of course that doesn't stop the hyperbole.

"Might' or "possibly"?
Maybe.
It depends on whether you are talking about talent level or how competetive it is within the group. We are pretty stout in the second category. I suspect there are teams with more talent in their 4 deep.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Very surprised by Adair as he raved about being at LU in the past and he looked the part of our new and improved O-Line. Bassham doesn't surprise me at all. I would like to know the reasons behind Adair leaving after playing in 8 games last year as a true freshman.
By Ill flame
Usually when guys announce that they are transferring after a spring game it's due to playing time. Adair probably thought he would be starting next season and found out he'll likely be a backup again. He's good enough to start on a lot of G5s so I don't blame him. It sucks to lose that depth but hopefully that opens up a spot for another transfer OL.
By LUOrange
Losing them is definitely disappointing. I too thought Adair was pretty good, and I especially hate losing Virginia boys. But hopefully, the talent they lost out to is very good as well as their potential replacements.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: April 13th, 2022, 11:23 am Losing them is definitely disappointing. I too thought Adair was pretty good, and I especially hate losing Virginia boys. But hopefully, the talent they lost out to is very good as well as their potential replacements.
What's the word on Jay Hardy, Auburn transfer DL? No mention at all in depth chart.
By LUOrange
Chippy wrote: April 13th, 2022, 4:55 pm
LUOrange wrote: April 13th, 2022, 11:23 am Losing them is definitely disappointing. I too thought Adair was pretty good, and I especially hate losing Virginia boys. But hopefully, the talent they lost out to is very good as well as their potential replacements.
What's the word on Jay Hardy, Auburn transfer DL? No mention at all in depth chart.
He was mentioned in one of Manson's post-Spring game articles as a back-up that will push for PT.
By LUOrange
Coach just tweeted out another Denzel-Training Day Boom referencing a big man. I assume this is partly why we lost Adair and Basham.

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: April 14th, 2022, 12:24 am
Chippy wrote: April 13th, 2022, 4:55 pm
He was mentioned in one of Manson's post-Spring game articles as a back-up that will push for PT.
Thanks!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: April 17th, 2022, 8:02 pm Coach just tweeted out another Denzel-Training Day Boom referencing a big man. I assume this is partly why we lost Adair and Basham.

Soph. X'Zauvea Gadlin 6'4" 314lbs. backup C and RG for Tulsa last year and started at least 1 game at LG. Looks like a good get.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]