Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
No expert and really don’t care ( not a fan of small tier bowl games to begin with and much prefer a large playoff ). Someone like Sky can answer this better. But my understanding is each Bowl has a paid ( often extremely well paid ) Bowl Committee. My question is outside of the top 10 or so major bowls - how can they not go bankrupt after 2 consecutive cancellations ? ( assuming of the 18 Bowls that canceled last year, some will have back to back cancellations ).
By BuryYourDuke
Registration Days Posts
Simplest explanation is that bowls are made for tv events in this era. They no longer rely on ticket sales for any meaningful revenue. Only the big ones have significant attendance. ESPN owns almost all of them, so the committees aren’t really what they used to be either. A cancellation for a lower tier game just isn’t much of a financial hit for the woke mothership.
TH Spangler liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There's no such thing as a bad bowl. Granted some are better than others. A bowl game win, sometimes can provide comfort for a disappointing season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote: December 27th, 2021, 11:03 am Simplest explanation is that bowls are made for tv events in this era. They no longer rely on ticket sales for any meaningful revenue. Only the big ones have significant attendance. ESPN owns almost all of them, so the committees aren’t really what they used to be either. A cancellation for a lower tier game just isn’t much of a financial hit for the woke mothership.
I just can’t to see your mayo bowl!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]