Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Currently, the conference championship game is between the winner of the East and West divisions. The team with the best winning percentage gets to host. Looking ahead to 2023 and beyond, with there being only nine members that would eliminate divisions. We will play a round robin conference slate of eight games. Top two will play in the championship. Would you all rather keep the team with the best record as host or have a permanent neutral site?

With the conference spread all over the East/Southeast/Southwest, some possible host sites could be...
Nashville, TN
Dallas, TX (Indoor)
San Antonio, TX (Indoor)
Atlanta, GA (Indoor)
Miami, FL
Orlando, FL
New Orleans, LA (Indoor)
Tampa, FL
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The league will likely follow the AAC's lead and have the game at the highest ranked/best record school to make sure there are butts in the seat for television and gate. Hoops is a different beast altogether.

Just curious why you select locations like San Antonio where there would be scant local interest as opposed to cities like Houston where a team is roughly located. The outdoor MLS soccer stadium in Houston would be a nice location because I suspect NRG Stadium might have a rather lofty rent. But once again, a neutral site location for football is unlikely.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
I was picking locations based on travel interest for myself. I have been to most of the cities except for any in Texas. I have always wanted to visit San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin in Texas. I have nothing against Houston, just don't know enough about it. I love playing in domes this time of year for championships/bowls even if they are lightly attended.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Let the record show that Austin & San Antonio are just over an hour apart and live up to the hype. Dallas & Houston feel a lot like Atlanta. They killed a president in Big D so that have that going for them. :roll: If you are into space travel, Houston is a better travel option.

CUSA is headquartered in Dallas for now. That could eventually change. The hoops tourneys have been inside Jerruh Jones' Star in Frisco for awhile now. It is possible that could move at some point.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:11 am The league will likely follow the AAC's lead and have the game at the highest ranked/best record school to make sure there are butts in the seat for television and gate.
As it should be. Most conferences should do it this way. The only one who really pulls in a crowd all the time is the SEC. The Pack 12 is a real joke!
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]