Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Another D1 QB is transferring to the Commonwealth. According to the Huntington newspaper, Marshall's starting QB Grant Wells will be transferring to that cow college in Blacksburg to play for VT.

As Purple will probably say, Wells is going from one junior college to another one across the state line.
ballcoach15 liked this
Cider Jim wrote: January 6th, 2022, 7:20 am Another D1 QB is transferring to the Commonwealth. According to the Huntington newspaper, Marshall's starting QB Grant Wells will be transferring to that cow college in Blacksburg to play for VT.

As Purple will probably say, Wells is going from one junior college to another one across the state line.
Well once you’ve completed Junior College you generally go to a 4 year program
For the record, I had one of my media buddies in Austin tell me yesterday that he'll personally be watching Liberty this fall because he is compelled by the twists and turns of Charlie's story. If Charlie has the kind of season we all hope he has, it will be a national comeback story.
Sly Fox wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 11:21 am For the record, I had one of my media buddies in Austin tell me yesterday that he'll personally be watching Liberty this fall because he is compelled by the twists and turns of Charlie's story. If Charlie has the kind of season we all hope he has, it will be a national comeback story.
He had a complete system / coaching change in 20 at Baylor, Utah was not a good fit. I will be surprised if he doesn’t light it up for us.
As long as he is healthy, I have big expectations from the Lake Travis product. Our ceiling rises with his health. Which is why the backups getting reps is so crucial for us in these early games. Coach Freeze's creativity combined with Charlie's experience and moxey could be incrdible. He does have some rust to knock off on Saturday.
Sly Fox wrote:As long as he is healthy, I have big expectations from the Lake Travis product. Our ceiling rises with his health. Which is why the backups getting reps is so crucial for us in these early games. Coach Freeze's creativity combined with Charlie's experience and moxey could be incrdible. He does have some rust to knock off on Saturday.
Do you think the health story has been overplayed much? He definitely seemed to put himself on the line and took some nasty hits, but hasn't it been almost two years (I don't remember hearing he got hurt at Utah before leaving)? No idea on my part, not sure how you gauge the real long term affect.
Sly Fox wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 11:41 am As long as he is healthy, I have big expectations from the Lake Travis product. Our ceiling rises with his health. Which is why the backups getting reps is so crucial for us in these early games. Coach Freeze's creativity combined with Charlie's experience and moxey could be incrdible. He does have some rust to knock off on Saturday.
I hope he’s healthy. I think he can be incredible if he is. I’m thinking he has more weapons to throw to then Willis did and if his O Line is better great things can happen
Sly Fox, Baybird liked this
By LUDad
What happens if Brewer has stellar year and goes high in the draft? Could our program become a portal heaven for under performing / utilized QB's from P5 schools? If so, how would that affect currect QB roster?
Sly Fox wrote: September 4th, 2022, 5:01 pm This is his 6th season of college football. He only has this year of eligibility due to the COVID year. The chances of that occurring are exceptionally low or completely out of the question.
You get 5 to play 4, but if medical redshirt - 6 to play. Wonder if the Covid rule allows for 7th in his case.
Salter was impressive. Was quick, elusive and made plays on the move. Strong sandlot dimension to his game. Repeatedly coming through in the clutch was most impressive of all.

The follow-up is pivotal. Defenses will prepare. Will try to keep him in the pocket. Should be interesting.
LUOrange, rtb72 liked this
paradox wrote: September 5th, 2022, 10:44 am Salter was impressive. Was quick, elusive and made plays on the move. Strong sandlot dimension to his game. Repeatedly coming through in the clutch was most impressive of all.

The follow-up is pivotal. Defenses will prepare. Will try to keep him in the pocket. Should be interesting.
When he scrambles, his head never moves and is so smooth - Malik had that major head/upper body lean that looked almost like he was falling down and was always surprising when he turned the corner ( deceptive speed ) Salt just glides and may not be as fast but appears faster by how effortless it looks ( go watch his HS hudl ). That said - I wouldn’t be surprised to see staff drawing up more roll out pass plays for him vs just strictly in the pocket RPO.
IMO, Salter appears a bit better at rolling out of the pocket to throw, but he doesn't have Malik's arm strength while moving. If he can be Malik-light without holding the ball as long, he'll be extremely dangerous for opponents, especially in CUSA next year.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]