Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I found it interesting that Coach Freeze emphasized his tendency t want to pass above seizing upon openfield on the ground as one of his areas to work on. That is obviously the polar oppositite of Malik when he started for us. He also emphasized the need to focus off the field and in practice was an area of opportunity for improvement for KSalt. Hopefully running with 1st team will inspire him.
LUOrange, flamehunter liked this
Sly Fox wrote: September 6th, 2022, 12:25 pm I found it interesting that Coach Freeze emphasized his tendency t want to pass above seizing upon openfield on the ground as one of his areas to work on. That is obviously the polar opposite of Malik when he started for us. He also emphasized the need to focus off the field and in practice was an area of opportunity for improvement for KSalt. Hopefully running with 1st team will inspire him.
I picked up on that too. Including the not studying film and the playbook as much. I'm sure that's just maturity and an over-reliance on his talent. Fortunately it's easily correctible.

I'm appreciative of the fact that Freeze never leaves Hampton out of the discussion, even while most of the media and our fans do. I'm looking forward to seeing how well he does as well. But again, how do you not start Salter this weekend?
I haven't heard which route they are going to take on surgery, but the fastest scenario I heard was five weeks with plate. Looking at the calendar and the timing of the bye week, there could still be a lot to play and stick around for. The fifth week would end before the Gardner Webb homecoming game, and then there's 5-6 games after that: BYU/Arkansas/Uconn/VT/NMSU and whatever potential bowl. It may be unrealistic, but that's potentially seven games.

The bye week is prior to Arkansas, so even if it was 6-7 week recovery, he could be an option in the last 4-5 games. Does he stay mentally focused and locked in for another second half season comeback? Should LU just focus on the future -- what's the point of hitting the QB reset button for the last 5ish games? I know it all depends on how much CB wants it and how stable Salter is. I'm really torn, excited for Salter but I really believed CB could have been the guy for us in these big games.
LUOrange, Chippy liked this
willflop wrote: September 7th, 2022, 10:40 am I haven't heard which route they are going to take on surgery, but the fastest scenario I heard was five weeks with plate. Looking at the calendar and the timing of the bye week, there could still be a lot to play and stick around for. The fifth week would end before the Gardner Webb homecoming game, and then there's 5-6 games after that: BYU/Arkansas/Uconn/VT/NMSU and whatever potential bowl. It may be unrealistic, but that's potentially seven games.

The bye week is prior to Arkansas, so even if it was 6-7 week recovery, he could be an option in the last 4-5 games. Does he stay mentally focused and locked in for another second half season comeback? Should LU just focus on the future -- what's the point of hitting the QB reset button for the last 5ish games? I know it all depends on how much CB wants it and how stable Salter is. I'm really torn, excited for Salter but I really believed CB could have been the guy for us in these big games.
I think it'll really depend on how we're doing with Salter, JB, and/or Hampton at that point and as you said, whether or not Brewer is up to it.
willflop liked this
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]