Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Sly Fox wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:47 pm Let's try to savor our 3rd bowl victory in three seasons of eligibility before we start fretting about who we are losing.

Congrats to Coach Freeze, his staff and the players for an amazing bowl victory!
Yes !!! Scroll back to 2018 and forecast 3 straight Bowl Wins and a couple of P5 wins along the way, with a wacky Covid Top 25 and we all would have been like PH and JK - Debbie Downers and talking about FCS lack of success. Expectations and False Expectations are what make CFB greatest sport ever.
tyndal23 wrote: December 18th, 2021, 11:16 pm
Sly Fox wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:47 pm Let's try to savor our 3rd bowl victory in three seasons of eligibility before we start fretting about who we are losing.

Congrats to Coach Freeze, his staff and the players for an amazing bowl victory!
Yes !!! Scroll back to 2018 and forecast 3 straight Bowl Wins and a couple of P5 wins along the way, with a wacky Covid Top 25 and we all would have been like PH and JK - Debbie Downers and talking about FCS lack of success. Expectations and False Expectations are what make CFB greatest sport ever.
Your tenuous grasp on reality is concerning
Purple Haize wrote: December 18th, 2021, 11:25 pm

Your tenuous grasp on reality is concerning
Reality - I love the early success - tenuous grasp - I hate the limitations of G5 when no one has a gun to our head to go the short term harder but much more rewarding/quicker Independent route to the defined goal of being ND,BYU,USC,Bama of CFB. But we are and taking G5 so be it - and your posts live forever PH.
When our 3rd string QB was in the game, it was good seeing Willis and Bennett on the sideline talking and laughing and having a good time.
Just John, LUOrange liked this
aredd33 wrote: December 18th, 2021, 9:55 am I signed up for sling. I’ll just do 1 month which will get me through the national championship but unfortunately won’t be able to watch any games on ABC.
I expect YouTube TV will be hemorrhaging college football fan customers over the next few days which will hopefully make the new contract negotiations go quick. I’ve really liked YouTube for the past 2ish years except for this nonsense.
On sling tv all football games that are on ABC are also available on espn3 which is a channel on slingtv so you don't miss any ABC games with sling.
aredd33 liked this
It was great to see such a strong finish to the season, and it's one of the few times they played a complete game from start to finish. I took note of the fact UAB beat a ranked BYU team in the Independence Bowl today, and we handled UAB so easily during the season that it just makes me scratch my head over this team. I just feel like we were better than our record indicates.

Looking back on the season, I wish we could have the Syracuse and ULM games back, and the way we played Ole Miss, even with our mistakes, left me mystified as to how poorly we played against Louisiana and Army. We should have been at least 10-3.

I'm looking forward to a strong recruiting class, a more favorable schedule, and seeing who emerges as our new starting QB. Let's make our last year as an independent the best one yet!
LUOrange liked this

False.
JK37 wrote: December 19th, 2021, 8:09 am

False.
Yes. As stated his tenuous grip on reality should be concerning
rmiller1959 wrote: December 19th, 2021, 1:34 am It was great to see such a strong finish to the season, and it's one of the few times they played a complete game from start to finish. I took note of the fact UAB beat a ranked BYU team in the Independence Bowl today, and we handled UAB so easily during the season that it just makes me scratch my head over this team. I just feel like we were better than our record indicates.

Looking back on the season, I wish we could have the Syracuse and ULM games back, and the way we played Ole Miss, even with our mistakes, left me mystified as to how poorly we played against Louisiana and Army. We should have been at least 10-3.

I'm looking forward to a strong recruiting class, a more favorable schedule, and seeing who emerges as our new starting QB. Let's make our last year as an independent the best one yet!
Have you seen next year's schedule? Not exactly "favorable".
JK37, TH Spangler, Liberty22 liked this
Purple Haize wrote: December 18th, 2021, 12:04 pm My initial impression of SlingTv is that it sucks. I can’t filter or edit the channels at all. It’s a huge mumbo jumbo of stuff. I went to their website to fix it but it doesn’t work.
Fortunately I’m not going to be home tonight so the pain won’t be as bad. But YouTubeTv better get this sorted out. Considering they just upped the package prices and now are charging extra for 4K they can compromise some. Since Disney is hemorrhaging money on ESPN they can compromise too.
And all you non YouTubeTv’ers will be jealous
Have no fear. They have reached a deal.
thepostman wrote: December 19th, 2021, 4:31 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 18th, 2021, 12:04 pm My initial impression of SlingTv is that it sucks. I can’t filter or edit the channels at all. It’s a huge mumbo jumbo of stuff. I went to their website to fix it but it doesn’t work.
Fortunately I’m not going to be home tonight so the pain won’t be as bad. But YouTubeTv better get this sorted out. Considering they just upped the package prices and now are charging extra for 4K they can compromise some. Since Disney is hemorrhaging money on ESPN they can compromise too.
And all you non YouTubeTv’ers will be jealous
Have no fear. They have reached a deal.
What? Please tell me more

Never mind . just got the email
thepostman liked this
olldflame wrote: December 19th, 2021, 10:30 am
rmiller1959 wrote: December 19th, 2021, 1:34 am It was great to see such a strong finish to the season, and it's one of the few times they played a complete game from start to finish. I took note of the fact UAB beat a ranked BYU team in the Independence Bowl today, and we handled UAB so easily during the season that it just makes me scratch my head over this team. I just feel like we were better than our record indicates.

Have you seen next year's schedule? Not exactly "favorable".
I recognize that "favorable" is subjective, so here's my opinion that leads me to use that term. If we lose all our P5 games and win the rest, we'd be 8-4 going into a bowl game. I think BYU is winnable, which makes us 9-3.
Cider Jim liked this
I didn't have internet for the last 2 days so I'm late with my reactions to the game. When people in NJ watched LU on ESPN and told me how impressed they were-That made it a tremendous success in my eyes. I have already looked at 2022 schedule and planned my trips down. Incidentally, we just bought a new townhouse on Leesville road and will be using that as a family retreat. We close in late January and are considering using it as a part time AirBnb so if anyone is interested in staying there just PM me.
Sly Fox liked this
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]