Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Liberty22 wrote: December 16th, 2021, 12:13 pm
flamehunter wrote: December 16th, 2021, 12:05 pm Well, it is your profile pic, so... :lol:
I do wonder, is your profile pic on the NIU message boards LU? Not that it matters, I’m just messing with you, but is it 😂
If NIU beats Coastal tomorrow - ASOR will send a 1 year supply of Mustache Wax your way Geraldo.
That is a great offer!
Geraldo's Mustache is the greatest handle on this page. You can not read Geraldo's Mustache and not see Geraldo's mustache. That thing is iconic and a parody of itself! I could care less about any other ancillary detail.
Sly Fox, Baybird, LUOrange and 1 others liked this
jmclaughlin wrote: December 16th, 2021, 12:56 pm That is a great offer!
Geraldo's Mustache is the greatest handle on this page. You can not read Geraldo's Mustache and not see Geraldo's mustache. That thing is iconic and a parody of itself! I could care less about any other ancillary detail.
Ha - I can spend ASOR $ like I do LU $ since I have no official affiliation or authority with either. Send all complaints to Bill Gillespie.
flameshaw wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:52 pm
LibertyMan wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:50 pm By the way, I saw on Twitter that Jay Mack opted out so we will see what Lewis and Green can do. Hopefully Willis work them into the run game better.
No great loss. I do not know who is telling him he can get drafted. Maybe the badminton coach. 8)
Wow. You really got a hard on for the kid. Pretty sad statement. Kid was actually pretty good past 2 seasons. This season was an obvious Willis bust. I hope he and Willis both get drafted for LUs sake. We need all the notoriety we can get!
LUOrange liked this
LibertyMan wrote: December 17th, 2021, 1:24 am
flameshaw wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:52 pm
LibertyMan wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:50 pm By the way, I saw on Twitter that Jay Mack opted out so we will see what Lewis and Green can do. Hopefully Willis work them into the run game better.
No great loss. I do not know who is telling him he can get drafted. Maybe the badminton coach. 8)
Wow. You really got a hard on for the kid. Pretty sad statement. Kid was actually pretty good past 2 seasons. This season was an obvious Willis bust. I hope he and Willis both get drafted for LUs sake. We need all the notoriety we can get!
I have nothing against the kid, from a personal perspective at all. Don't know him, never met him, probably a good kid.
All I can do is judge his performance on the field. He has tunnel vision and is pretty slow. He seems to be fumble prone around the goal line.
Most NFL RB's are dynamic in college. Mr. Mack is anything but a dynamic runner. He led the nation in rushing in FCS, but seems to have hit his ceiling as a very average FBS runner.
At least 2 members of the Old Men's Club fly out at 10:00 for Mobile on the LU Charter. As for Ballcoach, he is driving down this morning. :oldhag :oldhag :oldhag
LUOrange liked this
Cider Jim wrote: December 17th, 2021, 10:57 am At least 2 members of the Old Men's Club fly out at 10:00 for Mobile on the LU Charter. As for Ballcoach, he is driving down this morning. :oldhag :oldhag :oldhag
Checking my care wallet only to find it empty
Unfortunately and in my unprofessional opinion, I don't see any of our seniors other than Willis getting drafted, but in particular, Mack. He has a better chance at being an undrafted free agent, but Hickson was a much better RB and I haven't heard of him getting signed at all. My point being, I wish he stayed with the team for the Bowl game, at least to see his career to it's complete end and possibly collect his 3rd Bowl ring. And this is my hope for all of our players.

For Mack and Stubbs, it's disappointing that they stayed another year for the experience, for another Bowl win, and to try and improve their NFL stock. But then Stubbs gets hurt and Mack is underutilized. It's very unfortunate, but it is what it is- so finish out as strong as possible and experience and collect what you've earned. Just my opinion, but I do wish Mack and anyone else who may have opted out the best.
Baybird wrote: December 17th, 2021, 7:47 pm I have no insider knowledge either, but just watching these last two years, HCHF and JMack don't speak the same love language! :D
I think if this is visible to us on the outside.....it probably has some accuracy. HCHF does an excellent job of keeping the locker room drama "inside"....but I do think there's something to this, and have had a feeling there was some lack of buy-in by some this year.
ballcoach15 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 11:33 pm If Mack has visions of being drafted, he should be in Mobile, and put up about 200 yards rushing. Then his chances of getting drafted might improve.
Welcome back, Ballcoach. We've missed you! :welcome :oldhag
Anybody else have YouTube TV? Their most recent game of chicken with Disney has resulted in me no longer having ESPN.
Any suggestions on a free trial to sign up for or some other way to watch the game? I do have ESPN+ but I’m doubtful that the game will be there.
LCA&LU Mom, willflop liked this
I signed up for sling. I’ll just do 1 month which will get me through the national championship but unfortunately won’t be able to watch any games on ABC.
I expect YouTube TV will be hemorrhaging college football fan customers over the next few days which will hopefully make the new contract negotiations go quick. I’ve really liked YouTube for the past 2ish years except for this nonsense.
thesportscritic liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]