Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

This offense is finally looking like a team. We are spreading the ball around with 7 players have a reception and no one having more than 2. Plus we are actually using our run game and occassuinal screens which seems to be keeping the emu defense off balance. I love how good this secondary is tackling in space. They may be allowing receptions but emu is earning every yard.
rtb72 liked this
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 18th, 2021, 9:10 pm I know I am a biased LU fan, but that no call on Malik's helmet getting ripped off was garbage. Plus the stoppage of the play due to his helmet coming off is trash. Let them play.
Based on the rules or the call ? Wasn’t a face mask and he could have been called for a penalty by not stopping immediately once his helmet came off.
LU Grad 11 wrote: December 18th, 2021, 9:14 pm How was that not a safety for grounding? No receiver in vicinity and ball didn't make it out of the end zone. Worked out for us with the quick score, though.
Yeah, there was also a holding in the end zone on the 3rd down play.
The PAT here is embarrassing. It looks like high school stuff (I know that last one was likely due to the weather).
tyndal23 liked this
LU Grad 11 wrote: December 18th, 2021, 9:19 pm Feels like we're playing an FCS squad. Hopefully, they'll match us up against better teams going forward.
Based on our last three games.....I'd say we are blessed to be where we are. Team is looking exceptional tonight, but I can't help but think we could have/should have done better, and this performance only reinforces that. So pleased to see our team end the year on a very strong note.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]