Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
$4 million play calling
By Ill flame
thepostman wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:53 pm I'm just now able to turn the game on....17-0??? Wow. Has it been as bad as the box score indicates?
Absolutely. Idk if the rest of the offense gave up on willis or what but its a 1 man show. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing Bennett come in something needs to change. I think it's time to watch the Ohio St Michigan game.
Dalegarz1, jmclaughlin liked this
By Geraldos Mustache
What would the score be if we played the field position game punted four times instead of going for it on 4th down?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The line does play better when Willis isn't in the game. I try not to read too much into that, especially since it is a small sample size in garbage time but it's hard not to think about it.
LibertyMan, rtb72 liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
At this point. I want to see Salter play. Our future QB.

Malik making dumb decisions and he’s getting no help from the line and HCHF with the play calling.
ballcoach15, LibertyMan liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Legit question. Is the punter injured?
By Ill flame
Coming out of the half we need to hand the ball off to an actual running back and gain positive yards every play. I don't think we've had a 3rd and short situation yet.
LibertyMan liked this
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Press conference question for HCHF:

"Coach, the fans are wondering what you were smoking when you decided to go for it on 4th down every single time, even though your offense had not demonstrated any ability to make that play?"
Geraldos Mustache liked this
By LibertyMan
ballah09 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 2:05 pm At this point. I want to see Salter play. Our future QB.

Malik making dumb decisions and he’s getting no help from the line and HCHF with the play calling.
Missed multiple opportunities to get the RBs involved 3 touches entire first half. Willis keeps pulling the ball for poor decisions. If we extended some drives the score would be different. I really don’t get the play calling. What a way to end the regular season. I hope we make it competitive the second half!!!
By LibertyMan
Didn’t think I would be saying it but Buckshot Calvert had a better senior season than Willis at this point. Willis has become more difficult to watch. I’m just saying…
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Looks like a really good sized crowd. I hate it for the fans that are there. Hope we come out and put up a fight in the second half. They gave up last week.
By Dalegarz1
I've followed LU football closely since the Mike Brown days< This is the worst offensively that we have looked. Absolutely no rhythm. MW retreats and doesn't step up-maybe gun-shy due to a poor OL. Playcalling?? Did HF pull a Tom Brady and forget what down it was? (multiple times). Offensive looks like a PE class!
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
Serious question. How did we get this bad? We were decent borderline actually good last year! 90% of our team is back and we absolutely suck!

What happened? There has to be something going on behind the scenes. We are terrible right now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 27th, 2021, 2:26 pm There just seems like something is off with this team. It has felt that way all season but seems to be getting worse as the year goes on.
Watching live it’s evident this team has quit and Is just goin through the motions. Not sure when this started but it’s blatantly obvious at this point. The French army puts up more of a fight than LU
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You can't end too many seasons like this paying someone 4 million a year. We are still a young FBS program so growing pains are expected so I'll just chalk this season up to growing pains but when you pay someone this much money the expectations are much higher and rightfully so.

Also it makes it clear that MW knows how to say the right things but isn't actually a great leader.
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this
By Ill flame
lueer wrote: November 27th, 2021, 3:01 pm Serious question. How did we get this bad? We were decent borderline actually good last year! 90% of our team is back and we absolutely suck!

What happened? There has to be something going on behind the scenes. We are terrible right now.
We have always out performed our talent level imo. I think this team thought they were better than they were and lost their fire. I hope losing Malik forces this coaching staff to rethink their game plan.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 3:24 pm Take away those 2 long passes by Army, it's a different ball game.
Except they didn’t. So we have what we have
Geraldos Mustache liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]