Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By lueer
Registration Days Posts
Terrible. All around.

Not sure we are anywhere near in as good a place as many think.

Very disappointing year.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
That holding call on Jerome Jackson was atrocious! That was as unfortunate as the dropped ball in the endzone on the previous drive.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
After watching the second half, I can see why the NFL scouts are shrugging off his play because we suck. We do no favors for him.

But he cost himself some money with that punch. You can tell the frustration was building up with the drops, the penalties and no blocking. Took that play for him to explode.
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
Don’t really deserve a bowl game. Then again, a lot of teams will be a bowl that don’t deserve one.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This was probably one of the better games MW played from a scouts perspective. He made good decisions and solid throws. While you obviously had the drops that were not his fault, some of the incomplete passes were the right passes and ones that would have been caught at the next level. Plus I can only recall one sack where he held on too long and should have dumped it.
But the sidelines is what should be concerning. The last touchdown drive should have fired up the team. Instead most just stood around no more excited than I am listening to Mrs Purple listing off her Honey Doe list. The locker room is broken plain and simple. MW would do well to enter the NFL as his stock won’t go higher
stokesjokes liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
lueer wrote: November 27th, 2021, 4:24 pm Don’t really deserve a bowl game. Then again, a lot of teams will be a bowl that don’t deserve one.
Got to keep bowl streak going.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 27th, 2021, 3:25 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 3:24 pm Take away those 2 long passes by Army, it's a different ball game.
Except they didn’t. So we have what we have

Purple, if you listened to Coach Freeze's post game press conference, you heard him say basically the same thing i said.
If you didn't listen, find a recording of it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What do you expect him to say? We got outplayed in every area of the game. He is a smart guy and he knows that. There is just no point in completely burying the team in the press conference at this stage in the season. It is what it is. He voiced a lot of frustration about focus before the season even started and one has got to wonder if that problem has continued and maybe even gotten worse.
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:14 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 27th, 2021, 3:25 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 3:24 pm Take away those 2 long passes by Army, it's a different ball game.
Except they didn’t. So we have what we have

Purple, if you listened to Coach Freeze's post game press conference, you heard him say basically the same thing i said.
If you didn't listen, find a recording of it.
I don’t ever remember what station the post game is on.
But I’m pretty sure his sentiment is the same as mine. As POSTY said he’s not going to throw his players under the bus and make excuses. He’s not going to talk about who missed what check down etc. And he’s certainly not going to cry over spilt milk. You can say that about every game. You can say the same about the huge drops. But that would be a lot more player specific then highlighting long pass plays to a run dominant team.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Army can say that with most wins. IF they can convert on 2 or 3 long passing plays than they are going to probably win the game or at least comes close. Combine those 2 long plays with the fact we played really badly in all areas of the game and you just have no shot.

Cure Bowl three peat.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Postman, i think you may be right on Cure Bowl 3 peat. . Georgia State might be opponent, but i hope it's South Carolina.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:30 pm Army can say that with most wins. IF they can convert on 2 or 3 long passing plays than they are going to probably win the game or at least comes close. Combine those 2 long plays with the fact we played really badly in all areas of the game and you just have no shot.

Cure Bowl three peat.
As you are aware I Trademarked #CureBowl3peat. I expect royalties
By Ill flame
Give me Kent St or someone equally bad in the cure bowl. I just want to end the season on the high note and see how long we can keep this streak going
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach and I spent the first half in the upper deck of the Baptist side, but once that side got shaded, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees, so I moved over the the lower section on the student side for the second half, which was much warmer. There were so many Army fans on the East Campus side of the stadium, I almost felt like I was at West Point.

Also, attendance was announced at 19,000 and change, and a bunch of those were Army fans.
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Great following by Army.

Seemed to me in 1Q team had quit. What did they have to play for?

Myrtle Beach Bowl. Preferably against WVU.
rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:20 pm Thats why I didn't use the hash tag 😆
Doesn’t matter. All iterations are trademarked!
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: November 27th, 2021, 3:10 pm
thepostman wrote: November 27th, 2021, 2:26 pm There just seems like something is off with this team. It has felt that way all season but seems to be getting worse as the year goes on.
Watching live it’s evident this team has quit and Is just goin through the motions. Not sure when this started but it’s blatantly obvious at this point. The French army puts up more of a fight than LU
I too get super frustrated with Malik for holding the ball; however, in his defense, the receivers were completely blanketed most of game. Allowed Army to regularly send the house. Was excited to see us start using the middle of the field in the second half, but clearly it was too little, too late.

Not sure if you can set up alerts in the transfer portal, but if so our coaches need to set up an alert for every receiver 6’4”+ receiver that shows up.🤣
Last edited by LU 57 on November 27th, 2021, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:52 pm Great following by Army.

I posted during the game it was obvious in the 3rd they’d quit.
WVU in Myrtle Beach could be a road trip!
JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:57 pm
JK37 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:52 pm Great following by Army.

I posted during the game it was obvious in the 3rd they’d quit.
WVU in Myrtle Beach could be a road trip!
It’s a little further for me.

If that does end up being the mountaineers’ bowl, can you imagine for Myrtle Beach how many will come crawling out of woodwork in the mountain state to make the trip?!
Last edited by JK37 on November 28th, 2021, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 4:21 pm After watching the second half, I can see why the NFL scouts are shrugging off his play because we suck. We do no favors for him.

But he cost himself some money with that punch. You can tell the frustration was building up with the drops, the penalties and no blocking. Took that play for him to explode.
MW caught a cheap shot head butt after the play ended. Officials must have missed it. That's what set him off. Really set me off too, Willis is the definition of good sportsmanship. Because of the respect I have for Army it really disappointed me in the Army player.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Still disappointed in the losses over the last two weeks, but I enjoy watching Storey Jackson and Rashaad Harding play. HCHF is 3 for 3 on linebacker transfers(Anthony Butler from last year). All 3 of those guys play till the whistle on every play and that is contagious! The other thing I noticed from the first defensive series was how much we missed Javon Scruggs back there. His absence was felt more on the two BIG pass plays.
By rtb72
I still am not convinced there aren't some internal conflict issues on offense. Even more convinced after watching sidelines with offense versus defense. Our defense is tight...I mean, those guys are the quintessential "team" and show it on the sideline and in the game. I was intentionally focusing some on that during the game today. Defense seems to have a different feel...just seems to have more camaraderie. I just didn't see that enthusiasm or "adhesiveness with our offense...on or off the field. There is something about this team (offense in particular) that was not there at the beginning of the year, at least not so profound as it is now. I'm sure frustration has a lot to do with it, but to me, there is an obvious difference between the two sides of the ball on our team, and between the offense in the first half of the year versus now.

Regardless of what bowl we pull, I expect the last part of our season will influence some fans' decision on making the time and financial commitment to attend.
Last edited by rtb72 on November 28th, 2021, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
LibertyMan liked this
By rtb72
Actually, game was over when they went up 24-0. Army eats clock and there is little to no chance you'll have time of possession to make up for that deficit unless there are TOs....and Army is very disciplined. They don't turn the ball over. Running game and clock management....they are a well oiled machine. Game was over in 1st half.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]