Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Lafayette, Louisiana

Ragin Cajuns Official Site

Billy Napier
4th Season as Ragin Cajuns Head Coach

2021 Schedule/Results

SEP 04 - @ TEXAS ...................................... L, 18-38
SEP 11 - NICHOLLS .................................... W, 27-24
SEP 16 - OHIO ............................................ W, 49-14
SEP 25 - @ GEORGIA SOUTHERN* .............. W, 28-20
OCT 02 - @ SOUTH ALABAMA* .................... W, 20-18
OCT 12 - APP STATE* .................................. W, 41-13
OCT 21 - @ ARKANSAS STATE* ................... W, 28-27
OCT 30 - TEXAS STATE* .............................. W, 45-0
NOV 04 - GEORGIA STATE* .......................... W, 21-17
NOV 13 - @ TROY* ...................................... W, 35-21
NOV 20 - @ LIBERTY ................................... 4:00 PM on ESPNU
NOV 27 - ULM*
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 14th, 2021, 11:00 am Just rattling my brain, have we ever been favored against a Top 25 team? I would assume not.
I can't imagine we have been. We weren't against Coastal and that's really the only chance we would have had.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 10:34 am ULL has had some close games. 🏈
I wonder how you knew that? :roll:
In addition to 4 conference wins with a margin within 1 score, they also barely squeeked bye FCS Nicholls State by 3. Not sure what happened to Appy when they played. Probably the same thing that happened to us against LA-Monroe.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 14th, 2021, 10:55 am Looks like we're favored by 3.5. We just need to execute at home and we should be ok.
You get 3 for home field advantage. So this is basically a toss-up in the eyes of the odds-makers.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If my math is correct, does the state of Louisiana have 4 FBS football teams? :dontgetit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
1. LSU
2. LA-Lafayette
3. LA-Monroe
4. LA-Tech

Who am I missing? :dontgetit I need coached up!
Last edited by Cider Jim on November 14th, 2021, 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
And there is talk that McNeese is on the short list for FCS call-ups that could make tiny Louisiana have a total of 6 FBS schools. And they have a slew of FCS teams as well.

For the record, I am still getting my head around not calling them USL. Then they became Louisiana-Lafayette which everyone down here calls Oooo-la-la. Now they prefer to be just referred to as Louisiana in a direct shot at their sister school in the NE side of the state. Confused yet?

For the record, Lafayette boasts the best Cajun/Creole cooking on the planet. Everyone in Baton Rouge freely admits it.
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: November 15th, 2021, 9:55 am And there is talk that McNeese is on the short list for FCS call-ups that could make tiny Louisiana have a total of 6 FBS schools. And they have a slew of FCS teams as well.

For the record, I am still getting my head around not calling them USL. Then they became Louisiana-Lafayette which everyone down here calls Oooo-la-la. No they prefer to be just referred to as Louisiana in a direct shot at their sister school in the NE side of the state. Confused yet?

For the record, Lafayette boasts the best Cajun/Creole cooking on the planet. Everyone in Baton Rouge freely admits it.
I can confirm. Went there 6 years ago for my son’s baseball tournament and got some amazing food.
By jmclaughlin
Lets...Go!
Excited for this one. A true measuring stick game against a similar scoped team. Really think the outcome tells us who and where we are as a program.
Dalegarz1 liked this
By rtb72
Looked around on their message board. Hope we have some students stay on campus. They've got several fans traveling to this game. Looks like they are not going to be "sleepers" on this game, and have some folks traveling for it. We better come strong. Never like being "favored" but home field advantage I guess....

Really need this one!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 19th, 2021, 8:19 am They’re giving away 6 tickets each for faculty and staff, so that should help. Same for the Army game.
Lots of faculty/staff are traveling both weekends, too, but I'll be tailgating both games! :oldhag :tailgate :fbplayer
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]