Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BlueBlood
flamesfilmguy wrote: November 9th, 2021, 2:42 pm CUSA was desperate enough to look past the warts
I think this sums it up.

Sometimes I look at LU and see an absolute Cadillac - ready to be the star of C-USA
But, then there are the warts.

LU needs to make the most of this opportunity - and take care of the warts
Regarding TV deals for CUSA

Don’t be surprised to hear some new names pop up in need of live sports content. There will be money thrown out by:

Amazon Prime Video
Apple TV+
Paramount+
Peacock
ESPN+ obviously

This is the new wave of TV watching as cable begins its slow descent into darkness. CBSSN will have primetime games but rest of a league they have for GOR will be on Paramount+; and not just for football, but for basketball as well. Big CBS brand with a lot of sports content ahead of March Madness.

ESPN is safe, Apple TV+ is a wild card, possibly trying to get foot in the door.

Amazon is probably going to end up with next Sunday Ticket contract, so they may want to diversify with other sports products.

Should be fun!
CCWMichael liked this
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
The more the drama with MT and WKU drags on...I feel like in the long run if those schools want out so bad maybe CUSA would be better off with EKU and Chatanooga in the long run if they are willing to come to CUSA.
By Ill flame
jimflamesfan wrote: November 10th, 2021, 12:53 am The more the drama with MT and WKU drags on...I feel like in the long run if those schools want out so bad maybe CUSA would be better off with EKU and Chatanooga in the long run if they are willing to come to CUSA.
Considering no one is really planning to stay in this conference past the next round of realignment to include liberty I don't think the long run really matters. In the short to medium term everyone involved is better off with those two schools in c-usa since they make the conference better and won't be locking themselves into mediocrity in the MAC long term. There's no telling what will happen to the conference beyond the next decade though.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Here's what Im thinking will happen with that, though. WKU and MT will decide to stay in CUSA the next two years to collect the exit fees. They will then leave for the MAC in 2023-24...the year LU joins CUSA. That being the case...Id rather have EKU and Chatty already through their transition as opposed to two teams that stay and then leave by the time we begin league play.
I think LU will end up staying at least 5 years in CUSA if not 10 because our off the field issues need to be cleaned up before we get another invite.

However...it may be the case that if MT and WKU dont take the MAC now they will have completely burnt that bridge. In that case them staying definately helps us.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.
By tyndal23
Chippy wrote: November 10th, 2021, 9:50 pm I can see one of the results of joining CUSA is that at least 8 games a year will mean something. This, I believe will only help attendance moving forward as rivalries will emerge. Time to expand the "Bill" :)
Hopefully CUSA is smart enough to alter home and away games between SHSU and Jax St. between the other members as they transition. i.e. - no current FBS travels to both, or hosts both the same calendar year.
By tyndal23
Watching BYU sweep PAC 12 tonight and have a 10 win season, feeling conflicted about what we could have been had we gone the same scheduling route as an Indie ( actually not conflicted at all, very confident it would have happened vs ACC ) but then figure we are where we are supposed to be, and will embrace trying to beat out WKU for CUSA championship and LBGQTXYZ Bowl Bert and be excited for it. Will still tune in, but nearly as emotionally invested. Happy for BYU and their gamble paying off for them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 7:54 am LU was going to die if it didn’t join a conference. It joined the best it could.
LU couldn’t beat Army. Or Syracuse.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]