Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Mississippi
Oxford, Mississippi

Ole Miss Football Official Site

Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
Opened in 1915 - Seats 64,038

Lane Kiffin
2nd Season as Rebels Head Coach

2021 Schedule/Results

SEP 06 - vs. LOUISVILLE in ATLANTA .............. W 43-24
SEP 11 - AUSTIN PEAY ................................... W 54-17
SEP 18 - TULANE ........................................... W 61-21
OCT 02 - @ #1 ALABAMA* ............................... L 21-42
OCT 09 - #13 ARKANSAS* .............................. W 52-51
OCT 16 - @ TENNESSEE* ............................... W 31-26
OCT 23 - LSU* ................................................ W 31-17
OCT 30 - @ #18 AUBURN* .............................. L 31-20
NOV 06 - LIBERTY .......................................... 12:00 PM ET
NOV 13 - TEXAS A&M*
NOV 20 - VANDERBILT*
NOV 25 - @ MISSISSIPPI STATE*
jmclaughlin liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Going into this game Ole Miss's D was giving up 185 yards rushing per game and tonight the Barn produced 207 yards on the ground. Having Malik as the best dual threat qb in the country is going to help us tremendously just look at what KJ Jefferson from Arkansas and Hendon Hooker from Tennessee did to Ole Miss's D. Yet, the two things that will tell the story of the game will be our O-Line play and how well we tackle Ole Miss in space.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: October 30th, 2021, 10:58 pm Going into this game Ole Miss's D was giving up 185 yards rushing per game and tonight the Barn produced 207 yards on the ground. Having Malik as the best dual threat qb in the country is going to help us tremendously just look at what KJ Jefferson from Arkansas and Hendon Hooker from Tennessee did to Ole Miss's D. Yet, the two things that will tell the story of the game will be our O-Line play and how well we tackle Ole Miss in space.
Don’t forget Mack. We were told that anything less than 45 touches a game is Pop Warner level coaching. By someone who played no less!
By Ill flame
Liberty22 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 11:22 pm Ole miss is going to run all over us. We just gave up how many yards to UMass rushing?
Are we going to ignore that they only had 284 yards of total offense and almost all of it came when we were up big? Ole miss will likely run all over us but it's not because we gave up rushing yards in garbage time against umass.
LUOrange liked this
By jmclaughlin
Where does this game rank in LU history? (In anticipation, not implication solely)
By Dalegarz1
The speed and athleticism of the defensive front seven will be extremely difficult for us to handle. I was watching the pass blocking technique of our tackles and let's just say that the footwork is not quick enough to deal with edge rushers.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Ole Miss seems to have this base D with three on the line spread out, two linebackers in the middle, and six DBs. Their DBs appear to be very physical. Interesting game. Malik will watch tape on his former team as he prepares. Ole Miss guys, Freeze and Austin have deep sentiments for this game, I'm sure.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Idk, being that Ole Miss just loss, I feel like a win for us would be mostly downplayed. I thought this game was going to be a bigger deal prior to the year than it feels now.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 31st, 2021, 11:10 am If we win, it will be LU's first 🏈 win over a SEC team, a ranked SEC team.
Some will just discredit it as us beating an overranked team.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Key Players

#2 Matt Corral
6' 2" 205 lbs Junior Quarterback
Thru 8 Games: 162-of-245 (66%) for Yds with 15 TD Passes & 2 INTs + 110 carries for 519 Yds & 10 Rushing TDs
*** According to BetMGM he is currently the 2nd Most Likely Heisman Trophy Candidate ***

#24 Snoop Conner
5' 10" 220 lbs Junior Running Back
Thru 8 Games: 77 Carries for 435 Yds with 10 Rushing TDs + 8 Catches for 62 Yds

#11 Dontario Drummond
6' 1" 220 lbs Senior Receiver
Thru 8 Games: 40 catches for 658 Yds with 6 TDs

#44 Chance Campbell
6' 2" 240 lbs Junior Linebacker
Thru 8 Games: 64 Tackles with 8 for Loss + 4 Sacks + 2 Forced Fumbles & 3 Recoveries

#7 Sam Williams
6' 4" 265 lbs Senior Defensive Lineman
Thru 8 Games: 34 Tackles with 9.5 for Loss + 8.5 Sacks + 3 Forced Fumbles + 1 Recovery
By Ill flame
Until we prove that we are one of the better programs in the country every win we get against a P5 will make that team overrated and likely knock them out of the top25. Still this is a very good Ole miss team, if we were to somehow pull off a win it can only help recruiting and our perception.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 31st, 2021, 12:38 pm Of Corral's 15 TD passes, 8 came against Austin Peay and Tulane.
And 8 of Malik's 21 came against ODU and UMass. What's your point? It's no surprise that they would put up big numbers against weak opponents.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The way some drool and slobber over ODU, i assumed ODU was one of the top teams in America.

But someone in Alabama gave me the information on Corral, saying he's not as good as media (ESPN) says he is.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: October 31st, 2021, 1:31 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 31st, 2021, 12:38 pm Of Corral's 15 TD passes, 8 came against Austin Peay and Tulane.
And 8 of Malik's 21 came against ODU and UMass. What's your point? It's no surprise that they would put up big numbers against weak opponents.
It's going to be a tall enough task matching-up with these guys. No point in talking trash when this guy is more than capable of lighting us up. Would be interested in getting some injury updates on some of these Ole Miss guys though.
By Geraldos Mustache
I have an unusually pessimistic outlook on this game. I was the one saying Liberty was going to be undefeated and ranked going into this game. We are truly only a few plays away from being undefeated going into this game.

Our two losses have exposed our inability to take advantage of opportunities and close opponents down. We’ve made too many self-inflicted errors and continually let our opponents off the hook. This is a sign of immaturity and weakness as a team. HCHF just needs more time to develop our players. We’ll get there - but we’re not there yet.

I’m afraid Liberty gets exposed badly in this game. Especially our Offensive Line. Ole Miss will find a way to contain Malik and limit drives.

35-17 Ole Miss
PAmedic liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]