Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Never have I been so relieved to not have been able to go to a game. Ugh.

Mack is feasting off the entire defense focuse don Malik. But we need to get some separation from our WRs. The O-Line has been poor all year but Malik has been able to find targets. Tonight he isn't seeing anything open.

Defensively we are simply overmatched by their speed. I admit that I am most surprised by our defensive inability to do much of anything.
By LUDad
LK makes comment at end of first half saying he wants to get more players in game. It's certainly a wise thing to think about with A&M coming up..but it is really stupid to say it out loud. It's the kind of comment that can't help you but could really come back to bit you in the rear.
Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
That's what happens when we run. Shedro is better than Mack too. I wouldn't run Mack. We need big plays to catch up.
LU 57 liked this
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
Glad to see us playing hard in second half. Could have folded our tents.

Think Ole Miss playing a little flat this half. Understandable.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
That's what I meant that we were playing better than the score. You could tell we should have been closer than we were.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
lueer wrote: November 6th, 2021, 12:43 pm Does Malik know you’re allowed to throw the ball?
In the first half, he didn’t have time to. Nor did the WR’s have much time to get open.

No shock here, but it’s been clear all day Liberty’s OL is overmatched. The halftime adjustment appears to be more run game and RPO to slow down the burst of Ole Miss’ DL. But on obvious passing downs, they’re still pinning ears back and swarming Malik. Liberty’s pass protection is awful.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Good bounce back after a terrible 1st half. Willis needs to stop forcing it like that or he is going to have a very hard time in the NFL. But overall I'm pretty happy with the 2nd half.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Love the fight in our dog in that second half. Run game stepped up big time. Catch our breath and then heal up for the Cajuns.
LU 57 liked this
By LUDad
stokesjokes wrote: November 6th, 2021, 3:23 pm Salter looked electric last week. It would be hard to keep him off the field.
I could envision packages with Salter in the backfield, perhaps on a wheel route with option to pass.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
We could have won this game if we played decent. Not gonna win too many on the road against an SEC team with 3 picks and a missed chip shot field goal.

The next few games will determine if this year is a success or disappointment.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]