Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Remember when Andy Isabella went for over 300 yards receiving on us a few years back? I sure hope we don't give up even close to as many yards and points as we did on that day...

Being 36 point favorites we'd have to score about 100 to cover the spread. :lol:
By Geraldos Mustache
After the ULM loss, no game is a gimme.
We didn't even play UNT very tough - played from behind much of the game.

Time to get things put together this week and carry some positive momentum into the final three weeks and our toughest stretch of the schedule. Would like to see Liberty with a zero turnover game and limit mistakes. This is a very potent team when they are not shooting ourselves in the foot.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
UMass will play tough and smart. We need to do the same as well as optimize our explosiveness. If we do so that we'll be fine.
By Geraldos Mustache
This game is a total disaster for Umass.
Two possessions - two turnovers deep in their own territory that turn into quick Liberty scores.

Down 14-0 on the road with only 1:20 off the clock.
Worst start ever?
By Geraldos Mustache
Three (3) dropped interceptions on the third Umass drive and the Minutemen score 3 points.

Flames lacking that killer instinct. Won’t matter much in this game but failure to capitalize on those kinds of opportunities will haunt them vs Ole Miss, Louisiana and Army.
By Ill flame
I say rotate the backups in after halftime and completely pull the starters in the 4th quarter. Malik doesn't need to play another down.
stokesjokes liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to at least 2009.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: October 30th, 2021, 1:50 pm I say rotate the backups in after halftime and completely pull the starters in the 4th quarter. Malik doesn't need to play another down.
We get the 2nd half kickoff. I expect Malik to play at least that first drive. If we score, I think that will be it. If not, maybe 1 more. Although Bennett is cleared to play, I would think they go to Hampton and Salter the rest of the way.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: October 30th, 2021, 2:05 pm
Ill flame wrote: October 30th, 2021, 1:50 pm I say rotate the backups in after halftime and completely pull the starters in the 4th quarter. Malik doesn't need to play another down.
We get the 2nd half kickoff. I expect Malik to play at least that first drive. If we score, I think that will be it. If not, maybe 1 more. Although Bennett is cleared to play, I would think they go to Hampton and Salter the rest of the way.
That's pretty much the feeling I got from Freeze. It sounds like Hampton will be the first to go in from what Freeze said.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU Grad 11 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 12:41 pm UMass looks like a bad FCS squad.
#FBSIndependent
By Ill flame
It was fun to see salter and Hampton get some reps. I'm not going to over think their performance but I'm excited to see who wins the QB battle next year. Salter is definitely has very explosive speed, Hampton is quicker than I expected and seems to be farther along with his arm. I think either one can do well for us next year with Bennett likely being the favorite right now.
By rtb72
stokesjokes wrote: October 30th, 2021, 1:54 pm Any word on Mack?
I noticed he didn't play a single snap but was dressed out....so yeah....my wife and I were wondering the same thing. Injury?
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]