Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Without a doubt this game shows how much the beach chickens are overrated. With all deference to Ballcoach, VT is probably the second most overrated team in FBS. :D :D
Prior to this game, the record of the combined teams that CCU beat, was 9-22. They are a decent team, have an outstanding QB, but there is no way they should be a top 25 team. It happens every time. They get ranked, because of a weak schedule and then lose when the big game comes up. I would question anyone's sanity, who votes for them next week in the polls. 8) 8) Or anyone who votes for VT or ND. :football
Just John, LUOrange, JK37 liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
One of the announcers tonight wasn't afraid to point out the weakness of schedule for Coastal. Finally. App St. defense just shut down the vaunted Coastal offense most of the second half.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: October 20th, 2021, 11:09 pm Without a doubt this game shows how much the beach chickens are overrated. With all deference to Ballcoach, VT is probably the second most overrated team in FBS. :D :D
Prior to this game, the record of the combined teams that CCU beat, was 9-22. They are a decent team, have an outstanding QB, but there is no way they should be a top 25 team. It happens every time. They get ranked, because of a weak schedule and then lose when the big game comes up. I would question anyone's sanity, who votes for them next week in the polls. 8) 8) Or anyone who votes for VT or ND. :football
As far as I can tell, Joe Moglia is still doing the scheduling for them and it shows. His MO going back to their BSC days is to load up with cupcakes (including having Kansas on the schedule as a token "P5") and put up a gaudy record, which leads to excessive hype. It will be that way as long as he is around.

For those who didn't know, although he is no longer coaching, he is still Chairman of Athletics and Executive Director of Football and answers directly to the University President.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Why are there 2 threads about Coastal losing here? Why does anyone care? Why is anyone thinking about CCU? How does it effect us? I’m not sure I understand why they are living rent free around here.
I honestly didn’t even know they played last night until I saw there were 2 different threads on here about it. I encourage the people that are so obsessed with CCU to significantly calm things down.
I can’t say for sure (but I’d bet others on this board could) but I highly doubt Coastal has threads about LU on their board.
Kricket, jmclaughlin liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:20 am Why are there 2 threads about Coastal losing here? Why does anyone care? Why is anyone thinking about CCU? How does it effect us? I’m not sure I understand why they are living rent free around here.
I honestly didn’t even know they played last night until I saw there were 2 different threads on here about it. I encourage the people that are so obsessed with CCU to significantly calm things down.
I can’t say for sure (but I’d bet others on this board could) but I highly doubt Coastal has threads about LU on their board.
This thread was started just 10 minutes after the other one, and obviously flameshaw didn't know the other one was there. They were our biggest rivals for like 20 years, and are way overhyped. I have zero problem with a little gloating. I'm sure some of their fans did a little of their own on Saturday.
By rtb72
aredd33 wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:20 am Why are there 2 threads about Coastal losing here? Why does anyone care? Why is anyone thinking about CCU? How does it effect us? I’m not sure I understand why they are living rent free around here.
Why do you care? Maybe some are passionate about past rivalries. Maybe some are passionate about college football and love a great game, which last night was. Perhaps the "calm things down" should be less projected and more practiced by those who are getting bent about........well, college football fans on an athletics forum, having a little fun about a rival.
LUOrange liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 21st, 2021, 11:05 am
Why do you care? Maybe some are passionate about past rivalries. Maybe some are passionate about college football and love a great game, which last night was. Perhaps the "calm things down" should be less projected and more practiced by those who are getting bent about........well, college football fans on an athletics forum, having a little fun about a rival.
Fair enough…you’re not wrong.
rtb72 liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I think part of it comes from jealousy and I don’t mean that in a derogatory way for LU fans. Being in the Top 25 grants you added exposure as a program. Seems to me CCU has risen up the ranks the past two years in a row and has received a lot of media coverage for their undefeated record… regardless of how garbage their schedule was. They shouldn’t have been ranked anywhere near the top 10 these past few seasons, yet they have been.
aredd33 liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]