Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Touchdownmaker
I’m sorry…..I drank the Kool-aid…..I thought we were better. To get beat as a 34pt favorite is an embarrassment.
Golden Child is overrated and we as a team were overrated as well.
LibertyMan liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Willis dosen't pass down the middle very well. Major weakness. Might have something to do with his protection. Without his runs we're below average.
rtb72 liked this
By LU 57
Can’t tell on TV, but based on Malik holding on to the ball as much as he did, it seems our receivers were unable to get open. This seems bonkers to me. Would love to see a wide copy.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 10:41 pm Can’t tell on TV, but based on Malik holding on to the ball as much as he did, it seems our receivers were unable to get open. This seems bonkers to me. Would love to see a wide copy.
I thought about that too. Seemed like there was never anyone open.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 10:33 pm Too much rotation at running back. Start someone and feed him the 🏈
O Line 100%. Something is way different from last year to this year. If it is banged up, hesitant key starters or leadership, communications,coaching, it has changed everything. We shoved everyone around last year and did what we wanted. This year - every game looks different. Lucky or scramble vs smash mouth will...and by the way, last year made no sense to me with FCS O Line - semi attributed it to extremely well coached by a great O Line Coach. This year - much more in the reality zone with FCS OLine.
LU 57 liked this
By LibertyMan
flameshaw wrote: October 16th, 2021, 8:43 pm
LU 57 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 8:04 pm I know everyone has said it already, but I find myself yelling at the TV every week, “Put Green in!!”

I like Mack and I am happy he has progressed as a man and a player….but he should not be the starter.
Yes, given the number of plays, Green is obviously the best back we have. More opportunities will produce better results.
Don't understand putting Louis in, in goal line situations. He is waaaaaaay too easy to tackle.
I said it last week, it looks to me that MW, has slowed a step or two. Not sure he is 100%. Still a great performer.
I don't why you're hating on Mack. It doesn't matter who starts the game, the offense is all about Willis. The run game has become a non-factor for the coaching staff this season. Willis is a one-man show and you can't win consistently with that. He has NO concept of dumping the ball off to the backs. Both interceptions Mack and Luis were WIDE OPEN, but Willis chose to force the ball into coverage down filed. All three backs combined had 28 carries and Willis had 23. Instead of you guys worrying about who is the obvious" best RB" I would be more concerned with why we just lost to one of the worst teams in the country. I guess that was because Mack started the game off? Oh yeah, that's why we lost...Give me a break!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ULM coaching staff recognized how good our defensive staff is at making adjustments at halftime. So they changed their plan. It was the 4th quarter before we countered.

Freeze
Rich Rod did some good things in the third quarter that we didn’t see in the first half
By LibertyMan
stokesjokes wrote: October 16th, 2021, 10:23 pm
rtb72 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 10:20 pm
stokesjokes wrote: October 16th, 2021, 10:18 pm Wow. What an awful game. Every phase of the game made huge mistakes, including our golden child.
Who essentially by himself. No O line, no running backs. We have Malik.....
IMHO this is a coaching failure. I don’t think we’ve recruited well and it doesn’t seem like we’ve developed what we do have. How is the o-line worse? How is Mack worse?
I don't think our o-line or Mack are worse. But we rely on our Golden Child too much. Too many RB rotations. It's got to be frustrating for a 6th year senior like Mack. Shedro is not being used the right way. He should be out in space and leave the backfield to Mack with Green as a backup. RBCBJ has never coached the RB room and came to us from a Campus Recruiter position. HCHF should have brought in an experienced RB coach instead of one of his buddies. Does anyone know why Peyton Pickett transferred???
By LibertyMan
Geraldos Mustache wrote: October 16th, 2021, 11:09 pm We had a bad night. We are a lot better than what showed on the field tonight.
Need to learn from this one and move forward.
Yeah we had a lot of missing parts on both sides of the ball as well.
By jmclaughlin
Many things to point at but being there in person and being able to key in on our WR play, we are FCS level. Without Douglas on the field, we have no home run threat to stretch the D. ULM was able to throw 6 in the box and force Malik to throw. 10+ times he broke containment, looked downfield and there is no one open. I am telling you, we miss CJ Yarborough or a large frame wideout to go to in 3rd and responsible. We have 0 options at the moment.
Dalegarz1, LU 57 liked this
By LUOrange
1. Goal-line offense since the Syracuse game has been a problem. We should've had 35 points and the first gamechanger was ULM stopping us on the goal-line.
2. I thought the O-line played better tonight, but we definitely still need improvement there. I, also don't know the difference between last and this year with our big boys.
3. I thought Mack was having a good game and we went away from him too quickly. I don't think the RB by committee is working out. I'd go back to pounding with Mack and Green, and bringing in Louis in in the 3rd and 4th again.
4. We very rarely use a 2 back set, we may need totry ait and give Willis a little more protection and another option.
5. Special team and defensive penalties really cost us today. especially/pbviously, those third down penalties killed us.
6. That's the worst I've seen our secondary play since 2018 or 19. Are they allowed to talk to Haskins now that he's entered the portal? How about moving Micah Glaize back to safety?
7. Obviously Malik's 2 2nd half picks were deadly. The first creating that huge 21 point momentum swing. But I noticed his accuracy took a nose dive during the 2nd quarter of last week's game after we went up 21-0, where he was very sharp up until then. Many of his throws appear under thrown, makes me wonder if he's thrown his arm out or if something is nagging him.
8. Obviously, our Top 25 and Malik for the Heisman aspirations are done. But that doesn't mean the season's lost and that it warrants all of the crying I've read on here and on social media. Good grief.
By jmclaughlin
LU 57 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 10:41 pm Can’t tell on TV, but based on Malik holding on to the ball as much as he did, it seems our receivers were unable to get open. This seems bonkers to me. Would love to see a wide copy.
First play from scrimmage, he had a streaking Kevin Shaa down the seem and didn’t throw it. After that WR just quit routes. That 2nd pick, Stubbs completely stopped on his outcut. This was the case most of the night. No improv. Siblee was so bad that he sat most if not all the 2nd half.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
A lot of harsh talk from supposed "Fans" tonight. Most that I don't hear anything from during the week. There's always a bunch of "Beer Bryant" know-it-all coaches who have all the answers after the fact. Most probably have never even coached a powder puff team. This Coach is 23-8 at a new FBS program in the middle-of-nowhere Virginia and he has led us to the greatest victories in program history, but I'm sure we would be better if they listened to you. Give us a break. Our Coach and our "Golden Child" QB has represented this University with great skill on the field and great grace and humility at every interview and appearance that I have witnessed. Maybe you should consider what you're saying before you hit the send key. I've seen losers like you run great coaches and recruits away from a program, but I'm sure you never thought of that.
By this time of year, some starters are hurt,(they were the best players, that's why they were starting) some players are playing with injuries that you don't know about, and guess what, that other team has been trying to prepare and win just like us. Losing three games in two seasons by less than 10 total points is pretty good by any standard. Perhaps you should work your way up through the coaching ranks and accomplish something before you pronounce judgement on a team and coaches that you supposedly support.
LUOrange, Ill flame, Kricket and 3 others liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Racenut wrote: October 16th, 2021, 11:49 pm A lot of harsh talk from supposed "Fans" tonight. Most that I don't hear anything from during the week. There's always a bunch of "Beer Bryant" know-it-all coaches who have all the answers after the fact. Most probably have never even coached a powder puff team. This Coach is 23-8 at a new FBS program in the middle-of-nowhere Virginia and he has led us to the greatest victories in program history, but I'm sure we would be better if they listened to you. Give us a break. Our Coach and our "Golden Child" QB has represented this University with great skill on the field and great grace and humility at every interview and appearance that I have witnessed. Maybe you should consider what you're saying before you hit the send key. I've seen losers like you run great coaches and recruits away from a program, but I'm sure you never thought of that.
By this time of year, some starters are hurt,(they were the best players, that's why they were starting) some players are playing with injuries that you don't know about, and guess what, that other team has been trying to prepare and win just like us. Losing three games in two seasons by less than 10 total points is pretty good by any standard. Perhaps you should work your way up through the coaching ranks and accomplish something before you pronounce judgement on a team and coaches that you supposedly support.
By Ill flame
This is a tough loss to take but at least it nearly guarantees another year of HF in charge of this program. This team has come out flat a few times this season and unfortunately we aren't in a position to out talent most teams yet considering the amount of FCS players we still have on the roster.

We are still looking at a 8+ win season, another bowl game and a better recruiting class coming in than outgoing. There's good reason to be disappointed by this loss but the sky isn't falling.
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 17th, 2021, 12:02 am
Racenut wrote: October 16th, 2021, 11:49 pm A lot of harsh talk from supposed "Fans" tonight. Most that I don't hear anything from during the week. There's always a bunch of "Beer Bryant" know-it-all coaches who have all the answers after the fact. Most probably have never even coached a powder puff team. This Coach is 23-8 at a new FBS program in the middle-of-nowhere Virginia and he has led us to the greatest victories in program history, but I'm sure we would be better if they listened to you. Give us a break. Our Coach and our "Golden Child" QB has represented this University with great skill on the field and great grace and humility at every interview and appearance that I have witnessed. Maybe you should consider what you're saying before you hit the send key. I've seen losers like you run great coaches and recruits away from a program, but I'm sure you never thought of that.
32.5 point favorite. Slow your roll... even though you are right, bad timing. Let the mob vent ( even though I wasn’t part of the mob ) and warned against this exact set up. We don’t have the depth to win road games beat up. On to the next one.
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: October 17th, 2021, 12:28 am
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 17th, 2021, 12:02 am
32.5 point favorite. Slow your roll... even though you are right, bad timing. Let the mob vent ( even though I wasn’t part of the mob ) and warned against this exact set up. We don’t have the depth to win road games beat up. On to the next one.
FYI - I was a part of LU team that beat National Champ YSU on the road and lost to Kutztown St. at home. - it happens.
By Tnobes
Touchdownmaker wrote: October 16th, 2021, 10:36 pm I’m sorry…..I drank the Kool-aid…..I thought we were better. To get beat as a 34pt favorite is an embarrassment.
Golden Child is overrated and we as a team were overrated as well.
Agree. The Syracuse loss was unbelievable, should never lose to a bottom dweller like Syracuse, this loss was just as embarrassing. Season is over for all intensive purposes
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]