Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 7th, 2021, 7:37 pm
Glad everyones on the mend.

Not looking forward to rain. I've done it twice over the past 12 years. JMU 09 I think and North Texas a couple years ago. We lost both.
I sat through that JMU game, too... Wet and disappointing result, but a good one.
TH Spangler liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: October 8th, 2021, 9:18 am We sure seem to talk about JMU a lot.
For me, the history goes pretty far back. I remember when we had an absolute shootout back in the early 80's. We were the underdog, for sure, as JMU was 1AA and we were still D2. Phil Basso was quite the challenge for JMU. I think that between the close proximity, the history, and the positioning of the schools, they would have the potential to be a long-term rival if they ascend to FBS. Also- they have a huge contingent of evangelicals and have had the largest InterVarsity chapter in Virginia for quite a while.
By LU 57
rogers3 wrote: October 8th, 2021, 11:38 am
… have had the largest InterVarsity chapter in Virginia for quite a while.
Would not have guessed this with their rep as a party school. Glad to hear it.

A co-worker of mine said his Freshman daughter is very involved.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 8th, 2021, 8:35 am I remember the JMU game being a defensive battle and I think they won by 3. 2 inches of rain during the game. No one left early, loud and packed.
Lost 24-10. JMU rushed for over 300 yards. I feel much more confident with Freeze at the helm that we'll at least be competitive on a weekly basis. But we digress. Looking forward to the game! Go Flames!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LU Grad 11 wrote: October 8th, 2021, 4:57 pm
TH Spangler wrote: October 8th, 2021, 8:35 am I remember the JMU game being a defensive battle and I think they won by 3. 2 inches of rain during the game. No one left early, loud and packed.
Lost 24-10. JMU rushed for over 300 yards. I feel much more confident with Freeze at the helm that we'll at least be competitive on a weekly basis. But we digress. Looking forward to the game! Go Flames!
👍

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/wp-conte ... fb0904.htm
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Some folks slobber over JMU. I do not know why. They don't move the needle except in softball, and their glory days there, might be over.
Kricket liked this
By LU 57
LUOrange wrote: October 8th, 2021, 11:22 pm
LU 57 wrote: October 8th, 2021, 10:54 pm Not going to make the game. Have 4 blue seats on the Baptist side for a good home. Gratis.
I sent you a PM.
We have a winner. Have fun!
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
What happened after the field goal till half time?
I’m following the game on gamecast on ESPN and it didn’t seem to make sense to me.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Okay, thanks. I’m not at home so I can’t watch. It didn’t say anything about a fumble.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: October 9th, 2021, 5:50 pm 3rd pick thrown by Malik Willis. Not good. Good thing the defense is playing well.
Jinxed it. TD MTSU. 26-13 Flames.
By rtb72
Impressed more and more with our D. Those guys are all over the place. Getting more confidence in our true freshman kicker also. 37 yard FG tonight.....I think that might be his longest for us. Still got some work to do on O.
Baybird, Ill flame liked this

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]